Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fireman
    Roth Army Recruit
    • May 2005

whats up EdwardVan Halen & David Lee Roth & Mike Anthnoy & Alex VanHalen i think it great to here u guys a getting back together okay its because iam so happen to here that about u guy and dave its going to be a kick ass tour next year i cann't wait play all of your song
    angel eyes jamie crying and unchained and running with the devill thats all i can think of ok. your fan & buddy gregory louis funyak.

gregory louis funyak

fireman672005@yahoo.com
    gregory louis funyak

Comment

• rustoffa
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Jan 2004

Maybe the whole BOBW deal was some sort of slow burn?

Like, they INTENDED to build hype for what could possibly be the biggest work in rock and roll history!

You know, some cross-marketed thing regarding mistakes......don't adjust your set type shit.

I'm thinking cryptic industry leaks and sporadic full-page ads in POLLSTAR.

Not really ads...like just full-page orwellian propaganda with the fucker from the the Fair Warning cover getting punched in the mouth.

*Is this thing on*?

Get it together and capitalize.....

We like the beats, the beats that go BOOM.

Comment

• hitch1969©
        Sniper
        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by fireman
        whats up EdwardVan Halen & David Lee Roth & Mike Anthnoy & Alex VanHalen i think it great to here u guys a getting back together okay its because iam so happen to here that about u guy and dave its going to be a kick ass tour next year i cann't wait play all of your song
        angel eyes jamie crying and unchained and running with the devill thats all i can think of ok. your fan & buddy gregory louis funyak.

gregory louis funyak

fireman672005@yahoo.com
        what the FUCK is this shit?
        ...get your hitchworld on.

Comment

• TOM_5150
          Roadie
          • Jan 2004

We've all been waiting a very long time for this to happen. Come on, it is exciting! Eddie and Dave together again. Bring it on!

Comment

• Diamondjimi
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • May 2004

Originally posted by Terry
            Man, I hate getting revved up about this reunion stuff!! Promised myself 'never again' after the aborted 2000 thing.

Sad part is, even by the time 1996 rolled around, after ten years of crap with Van Hagar, I thought Edand his brother had finally came to their senses when they ousted Hagar and got Roth back in the band. After all the shit that transpired following that, though, Ed and Al just come across like major league assholes.

It's gonna be odd if CVH do put it back together and tour. I'm gonna be psyched, but am still gonna be looking onstage at a class-A frontman surrounded by 3 assholes who don't even deserve to have him singing for them anymore.

Put it this way; new music had better be part of the reunion equation and it better be incredible, 'cause I ain't gonna be cheering Ed on if it's an oldies cash grab and he takes up 15 minutes of concert time to wank on his whammy bar and do a bunch of two-handed tapping. Like, I'm hoping a reunited CVH tour takes awhile to get to my part of town so I can hear and see some live downloads on this site (you know the Army will be there in full force and we'll have plenty of files to download.........we'd fuckin' well BETTER, 'cuz if we got live Van Hagar shit on this site last year and nothing from a reunited CVH tour made it on here, we got problems) before I go. In all seriousness, if a reunited CVH live doesn't sound appreciably better than what Dave's been doing with Brian, James and Ray, it 'aint gonna break my heart not to go see 'em. Have to believe Dave's own pride wouldn't allow him to participate if it was gonna be substandard, but Dave may want it to happen so badly.........and you know Ed and Al have no sense of quality control anymore.

Like, I only want them to reunite if they're gonna knock it right out of the park. Don't give us a slapdash effort a la VH 2004. If it's gonna be that way or no way, might as well not even bother.

Exactly !
            Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Panamark
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jan 2004

You know what else doesnt tie in with all this,
              Alex putting Dave down in those interviews a few
              months back with Sammy... If they are talking
              and its inevitable, surely Alice would hold her
              tongue. Dave and Ed seem to be managing.

Thanks Carmine for posting this though, its the most
              positive thing I have read here in ages
              BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
              Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• WOAHYEAH
                Head Fluffer
                • Jan 2004

Carmine. I motherfucking love you man.

A Classic DiverDown Shirt Sized vote your way!
                Served hot, right from the rhythm kitchen.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                  Roth Army Caesar
                  • Mar 2003

Good info Carmine...

I never post shit I hear...and as you can imagine...I hear a lot of shit from a lot of people that are...or claim to be...in the know...

I have heard the same shit that Carmine has heard more than once...from reliable sources...and I would consider Carmine a reliable source as well...

but here's the thing...

whenever these guys talk about the future...you never know what the fuck is going to happen...and sooner or later...one of these fuckers are going to die...
                  "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Rikk
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

THE BEATLES spoke for years about how they're in contact, about how something will happen one day...and then Mark David Chapman decided that the voices in his head were important enough for him to purchase some hollow point bullets and travel to New York City...
                    Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
                    Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                      Roth Army Caesar
                      • Mar 2003

Don't get me started on that...

I remember listening to McCartney...talking about the night that SNL offered up money to get the Beatles on the show in 1975 I think...

Paul said he was at Dakota watching it with John...

and they came close to hopping in the car and driving down to Rockefeller...

It would have happened...soon...
                      "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Rikk
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

Yeah, I remember that story from '75. Lorne Michaels jokingly offering them $5000. LMFAO. And they got close to going down...

I heard an interview with John in which he claims that he had done well for himself in life by having two great partners in music...YOKO ONO (okay, he was pussy-whipped) and PAUL MCCARTNEY and that he and PAUL were okay and that the 80s had a lot of good stuff coming for him.

Do you know when he gave that interview? 5pm on the afternoon of December 8 1980. That audio interview is a bonus track on the CD remaster of the MILK AND HONEY album. Six and a half hours after that interview he was lying on a slab.
                        Roth Army Militia

Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                          Roth Army Caesar
                          • Mar 2003

Yoko Ono...good lord...

if you don't have them...get the anthology and listen to McCartney, Ringo and Harrison talk...they really revere John...and love the fact that they wouldn't tour without John during the Anthology releases...

You want to talk about the fucking money that could have been had there...

He was coming out of a self-induced quiet time in 1980...Double Fantasy was just out...not a great album...but a few great tracks...

and I forget the album that came out after that...maybe in 1983 or 1984 that had some stuff he'd been working on for his next album...that had a couple of good tracks on it...

I think we would have had a Beatles reunion in the mid-80's...when Paul was putting out some stuff...Harrison had his mini-run with the Wilbury's...it was comin...

Comment

• Rikk
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jan 2004

It was definitely coming. For even George to get nostalgic by the mid-late-80s...and George was the Beatle with the least amount of desire to ever reunite. I think it took big class for them to not reunite after he died. Now two of them are gone...

Yeah, I picked up the Anthologies back when they came out (first day out for each). I'm a Beatles freak...I've been listening to them since I was a baby. I remember getting the REVOLVER album at Christmas 1979 when I was four. I loved it. The Anthology albums and film (especially the DVD version with the Three-tles jamming) are very cool. Some good tracks...but more fun to just hear works-in-progress...I love those "fly-on-the-wall" session tapes.

I really like DOUBLE FANTASY. The Yoko stuff is mostly crap, but John's tracks are mostly excellent. WATCHING THE WHEELS and I'M LOSING YOU are especially good. (Check out the JOHN LENNON ANTHOLOGY if you haven't already...it's a cool box set and has an alternate take of I'M LOSING YOU from the summer of '80 with CHEAP TRICK backing John...it's pretty fucking heavy for John's solo stuff.)

The album of left-over 1980 songs you're referring to is MILK AND HONEY. In many ways, it's even better than DOUBLE FANTASY. Both NOBODY TOLD ME and I DON'T WANNA FACE IT are really great songs. But man, that album is one sad listen.

PAUL's best solo album? I'd have to say it's still BAND ON THE RUN (with TUG OF WAR thrown in for good measure).
                            Roth Army Militia

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                              Roth Army Caesar
                              • Mar 2003

I don't really have any patience for any of their solo work to be frank...

I just picked up Lennon Legend the other day...while I was picking up another copy of Sgt. Pepper (I had snapped it in half a couple of weeks ago)...

for a couple of songs...

I'm no fan of either as solo acts...but am going to try and see McCartney on his US tour this year...I haven't seen him...and he's one of the last on my list of must sees...

Comment

• Rikk
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Jan 2004

Yeah, I've never seen a Beatle before. I would like to see him this time as well, only because I know he's not gonna do it too many more times. I have to say, he pulled off an incredible SUPERBOWL half-time.
                                Roth Army Militia

Comment

Working...