X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zeronumber
    Foot Soldier
    • May 2005

Originally posted by BrownSound1
    I wouldn't put a Hotrails in an EVH guitar.
    Well, in the long run it's all about prefrence...
    Frankly, I like things with extreme amounts of output, with very little feedback... and hot rails for me does the job.

The standard Stock pickups on strats suck... I would put the tone nob on bridge pickup, and I'd hear more static when I kick in some distortion/overdrive, then I do notes.

ONe could just kick the tone nob up, but then the sound gets more mellow, and you lose some of the crunch you would normally get.

And like Captain Charisma would say "That's not how I roll baby boy"...
    *slaps chest and points to peep*
    The Roth Army needs a leader who demonstrates the three "A's",

Attitude, Awesomeness, America.

http://www.samash.com/catalog/imagep..._IRG350EXB.JPG

Comment

• Cathedral
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
      I still have the Starfleet Project LP I bought in the 80's. On the liner and jacket it has pictures of Brian May, Eddie, and the rest of the guys who played on the album in the studio. Ed has his Frankenstrat and it has some kind of shit neck that looks horrible. It has kind of a Musicman looking headstock and looks like unfinished mahagony. I've never seen pictures of that guitar body with that neck on it anywhere else.
      I have that record also, he threw a rosewood neck on it for some reason and it looks like shit with it.

I dig the part where he breaks the string, lol, it was priceless.

But they all had a great time..........

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
        ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Originally posted by m4dm4x
        This one I pick up in the mid 80's from an old stage manager that worked in the business. I keep it locked up!

i love that guitar its so cool
        I really love you baby, I love what you've got
        Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• darkknight
          Groupie
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Cathedral
          I have that record also, he threw a rosewood neck on it for some reason and it looks like shit with it.

I dig the part where he breaks the string, lol, it was priceless.

But they all had a great time..........
          That's an old Danelectro neck he had on there.

Ed painted the black and white guitar red in 79. The last time I'm aware of him playing it live is the US festival. For the 1984 tour he played his Kramer 5150. He still has the original and used it in a video for OU812, I believe. It has a Kramer hockey stick neck on it now. The one with the Charvel Strat neck is the 5150 guitar. The original neck on that one broke the headstock and he had a 7th tuner put on it on the other side so it wouldn't stress the repair. Here's a bad picture of before he put the Charvel neck on. It's hard to see but you can see the 7th tuner.

Comment

Working...