Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Gnx3

does anyone know of a good vh1 sound for the gnx3

all the ones i down loaded from digitech suck
    Originally posted by RIKK

Now, tj was indeed a major cunt. Indeed, he probably still is.

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Good luck with that....I haven't heard any modelling processors that can nail a Marshall Plexi right, let alone do all of the things necessary to achieve THAT tone.

Sheep Pen Barn Boss
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by BrownSound1
    Good luck with that....I haven't heard any modelling processors that can nail a Marshall Plexi right, let alone do all of the things necessary to achieve THAT tone.
    i hear ya bro....that is a badass tone

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I think you could probably get his post 1984 tones, (Sammy shit) pretty easily though. Hell I can get fairly close to that tone with an old Rockman and a bit of a distortion pedal. LOL

I don't know if your processor will let you do this, but if you can change the order in which each part of the chain is done, then you might have a shot at getting close. For instance, if you can chain it like so, EQ--->Phase--->Amp--->Effects--->EQ--->Speaker simulator, then you MIGHT can get close. That's essentially what Edward did on the first album from what I can gather, as far as the "chain" went. His went EQ--->Phase90--->Amp--->dummy load--->MXR flanger--->Echoplex--->EQ--->power amp--->cabinets. Oh and don't forget the Variac set at 90 volts.

I can tell you from experience, and from research that setting the front EQ to a "frown" (mid boost) does help a lot...depending on your guitar. I think he used a 6 band MXR eq pedal. I've used a BOSS and it worked out quite nice..although the neighbors were hating life after I tried that.

Nir - VAN - a
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Are you using an amp with that?

Sheep Pen Barn Boss
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by BrownSound1
    I think you could probably get his post 1984 tones, (Sammy shit) pretty easily though. Hell I can get fairly close to that tone with an old Rockman and a bit of a distortion pedal. LOL

I don't know if your processor will let you do this, but if you can change the order in which each part of the chain is done, then you might have a shot at getting close. For instance, if you can chain it like so, EQ--->Phase--->Amp--->Effects--->EQ--->Speaker simulator, then you MIGHT can get close. That's essentially what Edward did on the first album from what I can gather, as far as the "chain" went. His went EQ--->Phase90--->Amp--->dummy load--->MXR flanger--->Echoplex--->EQ--->power amp--->cabinets. Oh and don't forget the Variac set at 90 volts.

I can tell you from experience, and from research that setting the front EQ to a "frown" (mid boost) does help a lot...depending on your guitar. I think he used a 6 band MXR eq pedal. I've used a BOSS and it worked out quite nice..although the neighbors were hating life after I tried that.
    sounds like i would be better off just useing foot pedals...

i just picked up a phaseshifter and that sounds fucking sweet

Thread Information