X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Last_Child
    Commando
    • Oct 2004

A Lil' Ain't Enough all the way!
    "With a rate of fire of over 20 rounds per second, the IMI Micro Uzi is almost as fast as Yngwie Malmsteen, and 25.4 times more musical"

Worst of all... It's true..

Comment

• Redballjets88
      Full Member Status

• Mar 2005

skyscraper and eeas
      R.I.P Van Halen 1978-1984

hopefully God will ressurect you

"i wont be messing with you in future.the fearsome redballjets88 for fear of you owning me some more" Axl S

" I liked Sammy Hagar " FORD

Comment

• canadiandlrgirl
        Full Member Status

• May 2005

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
        got more play than skyscraper which became my least favorite after the years...
        i like that album it has "just like paradise,"on it, my fav Dave solo song next to "hammerhead shark" and "king of the hill."

Comment

• m_dixon1984
          Foot Soldier
          • Aug 2004

Today, DLR Band. Most days, ALAE.

M
          http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n...rip10_full.jpg

Comment

• hard rock
            Head Fluffer
            • Oct 2004

its a tie between CFTH, EEAS. and Skyscraper. Diamond Dave close by as well.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Nov 2004

"A Little Ain't Enough"... the nec plus ultra IMO. Sheer fiesta all over. And that's saying a lot for a record by Dave.
              This one is "a little more too much" than the others.
              posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
              posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Big Troubles
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Feb 2004

DLR Band is the closest to a "CVH" sound. Its a great album and a shame he didn't tour it. Some of the best lyrics too. "What the Asians call, a soup and no fish!"
                "First time in the spotlight, was from a helicopter" Do I love you?- Indeedido","..Great shit.
                "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• academic punk
                  Full Member Status

• Dec 2004

In order:

EEAS

YFLM

DLR Band

ALAE

Skyscraper

DD

Comment

• Big Troubles
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Feb 2004

Originally posted by academic punk
                    In order:

EEAS

YFLM

DLR Band

ALAE

Skyscraper

DD
                    Wow, YFLM before DLR Band? I heard of your kind.

In order:

DLR Band

EEAS

Skyscraper

DD

ALAE

YFLM

CFTH
                    "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• DaLeeRo
                      Roadie
                      • Mar 2005

Skyscraper is the best. Why no-one picked that?! :confused:

Comment

• BOMBER
                        Head Fluffer
                        • Oct 2004

A Little Aint Enough - I absolutely love the title track,Dogtown Shuffle and Drop In The Bucket.

Comment

• canadiandlrgirl
                          Full Member Status

• May 2005

Originally posted by BOMBER
                          A Little Aint Enough - I absolutely love the title track,Dogtown Shuffle and Drop In The Bucket.
                          my favorite off of that one is hammerhead shark.....kickass lyrics

Comment

• bedrockboy
                            Full On Cocktard
                            • May 2005

Re: Dave solo

Originally posted by canadiandlrgirl
                            i kno everyone likes Dave With Van Halen,but he is cool solo as well.......iwas just wondering what everyones favorite solo album by Dave is?????? mine is a tossup between EEAS or DLR Band!!!!!!!!!
                            I'm probably in the minority on this, but I liked Your Filty Little Mouth, it was not-Dave but it was so Dave (if you know what I mean). I think the lyrics on that cd are the best he's ever done. The lyrics on tunes like Land's Edge, Hey, You Never Know & Experience are great. And I'm not sure if he's ever written a better line than "Dante's inferno meets the Price is Right" on You're Breathen It. The great thing about the cd is that it forced you to listen to the lyrics to hear lines like that. Now, I'm not saying that it was perfect, he would have been better off dumping a tune like Sunburn, and She's My Machine doens't compare to Yankee Rose or Just Like Paradise as a first single. But in total I think YFLM is his best solo effort.

Comment

• Redballjets88
                              Full Member Status

• Mar 2005

Originally posted by hard rock
                              its a tie between CFTH, EEAS. and Skyscraper. Diamond Dave close by as well.
                              those are the 4 i have ...cant find dlr band anywhere...could get yflm but never have the money....really want dlr band i heard its awesome
                              R.I.P Van Halen 1978-1984

hopefully God will ressurect you

"i wont be messing with you in future.the fearsome redballjets88 for fear of you owning me some more" Axl S

" I liked Sammy Hagar " FORD

Comment

• Big Fat Sammy
                                Veteran
                                • Feb 2005

Re: Re: Dave solo

Originally posted by bedrockboy
                                I'm probably in the minority on this, but I liked Your Filty Little Mouth, it was not-Dave but it was so Dave (if you know what I mean). I think the lyrics on that cd are the best he's ever done. The lyrics on tunes like Land's Edge, Hey, You Never Know & Experience are great. And I'm not sure if he's ever written a better line than "Dante's inferno meets the Price is Right" on You're Breathen It. The great thing about the cd is that it forced you to listen to the lyrics to hear lines like that. Now, I'm not saying that it was perfect, he would have been better off dumping a tune like Sunburn, and She's My Machine doens't compare to Yankee Rose or Just Like Paradise as a first single. But in total I think YFLM is his best solo effort.
                                Agreed...not the strongest musically, but the lyrics and voice make up for it. My fav most of the time.

Oh yeah, I love the lyrics about "everytime we fight, I write a verse to this song...." and Experience is his best lyrics ever IMO. Totally DLR.

Comment

Working...