Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lucky wilbury

a good "how to" site

a good "how to" site is
    The Internet's largest free source of guitar-making articles, tutorials, how-to's, downloadable plans, resources, product reviews, supplier lists; everything for the developing luthier.

it even has a section on doing your own steve vai "swirl" finish!

give it a few secs to let the pics load
  • Redballjets88
    Full Member Status

• Mar 2005

does it show how to custim paint a guitar?
    R.I.P Van Halen 1978-1984

hopefully God will ressurect you

"i wont be messing with you in future.the fearsome redballjets88 for fear of you owning me some more" Axl S

" I liked Sammy Hagar " FORD

Comment

• Redballjets88
      Full Member Status

• Mar 2005

custom*
      R.I.P Van Halen 1978-1984

hopefully God will ressurect you

"i wont be messing with you in future.the fearsome redballjets88 for fear of you owning me some more" Axl S

" I liked Sammy Hagar " FORD

Comment

• lucky wilbury

a whole section on painting and staining:

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

I always wanted to make a replica of that Kramer Ripley Eddie is holding in a photograph. It has a cool swirl paintjob. I'm hesitant to dunk a nice guitar body in water though. I don't care if it has sealer or wax in the holes. Water always finds a way through and it deffinately could cause problems with the wood.
          No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Don Corleone
            Veteran
            • May 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
            I always wanted to make a replica of that Kramer Ripley Eddie is holding in a photograph. It has a cool swirl paintjob. I'm hesitant to dunk a nice guitar body in water though. I don't care if it has sealer or wax in the holes. Water always finds a way through and it deffinately could cause problems with the wood.
            Why not just get a cheapy guitar from a 2nd Hand Shop first to experiment on?
            Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Hardrock69
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Feb 2005

Good Suggestion...

Comment

• twonabomber
                formerly F A T
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

now the spambots are bumping old threads...great!
                Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• ELVIS
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                  I've always wet sanded guitar bodies, and as long as you keep the water to a minimum when it has the chance to touch the raw wood, you're ok...

I'd dunk a body in water as long as I was prepared for the precautions first...

I'm sure you could figure the process out. A litthe putty here, tape there...no harm done!

But let it dry a couple weeks before trying to sand or polish...

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Feb 2007

word.
                    Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

Working...