Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mikey Talks About Dave Reunion

Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

A little tidbit from Blabbermouth

Nothing really new hear execpt maybe they tried more times than we all thought about a reunion with DLR. After I read that it hit me that maybe they after all these years they don't dislike each other as much as we thought they did. Sounds like they really wanted to do it.

From Blabbermouth.net

Launch Radio Networks reports: Prior to its 2004 reunion with Sammy Hagar, VAN HALEN made repeated attempts to put together a project with original singer David Lee Roth. But bassist Michael Anthony told Launch that none of the Roth reunions took hold. "We tried to do the reunion thing with Roth, I think, three, four, I don't know how many times, you know, on any kind of level," he said. "At the end it was almost like, 'Let's just see if we can go out and play some shows and not even go in the studio,' and we couldn't even work that out with Roth. And at that point, I was so frustrated."

Roth and VAN HALEN parted ways in 1985, after which he was replaced by Hagar. Roth rejoined the group briefly to record two new songs for 1996's "The Best of Van Halen, Volume 1".

Since leaving the band, Roth has maintained a career as a solo artist and actor, and also wrote an autobiography called "Crazy From The Heat". He also trained as an Emergency Medical Services (EMS) technician.

VAN HALEN is currently on hiatus after last year's tour with Hagar.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Think the only thing stopping CVH from getting it together is a lack of consensus on how the profits should be split.

Makes sense in light of Ed's "the lawyer's got in the way" remarks of a few years ago.
    Scramby eggs and bacon.

It's Showtime!
    Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Don't say I never told you so! Van Halen is like an alumni, the notion that no one speaks or hates each other is called, press. It sells.

Sheep Pen Emperor
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by johnburrows
    Don't say I never told you so! Van Halen is like an alumni, the notion that no one speaks or hates each other is called, press. It sells.
    I've been saying that since I joined up here...
    Twistin' by the pool.

Roth Army Recruit

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I don't know Mikey ...your lead guitar player cant get out of bed in the morning without a cocktail and a cigarette and can barely make it up on stage without you proping him up and you want to say that Roth couldnt bring it together ?? ...the guy is flying helicopters, touring, appearing on talk radio and wisking people away to the hospital all at the same time and he's the one that couldnt work things out ?? Stop !

Have fun touring with Ronald ...Mona must hate your guts...your like a union scab ...taking her job when ever you feel like it !

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The reason those attempts failed had nothing to do with the music. Remember Ed's interview where he said, "Everything was going good, then the lawyers go involved." I believe that to be a true statement.

Dave did not want to take any chances and go in like he did in '96. He was going to make sure he wasn't going to get fucked the next time around.

The recent Van Hagar tour was originally intended to have Dave on the bill as well. I'll guaran-fuckin'-tee that one.

Hooter Patrol Leader
    Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    This whole CVH reunion saga hurts so much for me because of shit like this repeatedly pops up and reminds us that our favorite band could have easily produced 3 more 6-Packs (A full case?) by now had they simply stayed together and continued to dominate the globe.

It's enough to make a grown man take a piss on Ed's Porsche...
    Without DLR in the lineup, Van Halen is merely Rat Salade...

Proud Ford Owner
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by DLRisGOD
    It's enough to make a grown man take a piss on Ed's Porsche...
    He hocked that ride to buy some beer!

Sorry!

PS: I believe bassplayer is the biggest tool in the shed! He's had a blessed life to be able to say he's been a member of Van Halen/Van Hagar/Waboritas. My fucking dog could play a better bass solo than her!

JERKOFF!

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    a perception of reality-understanding your place in life will allow you to gain access into the next.
    Status
    Originally posted by BrownSound1

The recent Van Hagar tour was originally intended to have Dave on the bill as well. I'll guaran-fuckin'-tee that one.
    "Best of BOTH Worlds" Tour. I believe it. In fact Im sure Ive read that statement before. Too bad it never happened. Then again, it would ahve been chaos having Dave and Sam share the same band, splitting the time. Ending/closing...encores etc...
    "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

©Ramblings by Rogue® Inc.
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    RogueHorseman® resides at the scenic Double Cross Ranch in sunny Riveria Paradise
    Status
    Originally posted by bueno bob
    I've been saying that since I joined up here...
    Me too, actually since 1985...
    <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I'm sure the CVH reunion didn't happen because Dave wanted more artistic input and control than the brothers were prepared to give. I think Dave places his artistic input higher than the financial terms of any reunion. Dave is very protective of the CVH legacy and would only do a reunion if it was done right.

Looking at how last years Van Hagar farce ended up, I can understand why Dave would insist on a certain level of creative and managerial control.

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    And for all the sheep at the Links who like to convince themselves otherwise, this is further evidence that Sammy was a DISTANT second choice.

SHEEP PEN-JUNKHEAD
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Halen High
    And for all the sheep at the Links who like to convince themselves otherwise, this is further evidence that Sammy was a DISTANT second choice.
    Hey there Nail!

This is Halen High.

He's gonna hit your right on the fucking head.

DLR7884
    Way to speak the truth Halen High!
    Originally Posted by WARF:
    DLR7884 - This guy is one bad ass sonafabitch... I've seen him destroy peoples posting careers in a single sentence.

pat tillman rip
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The reason those attempts failed had nothing to do with the music. Remember Ed's interview where he said, "Everything was going good, then the lawyers go involved." I believe that to be a true statement.

Dave did not want to take any chances and go in like he did in '96. He was going to make sure he wasn't going to get fucked the next time around.

i guaran-fuckin-tee it also if i remember i said it before the mother-fucking tour started.

pat tillman rip
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

i guaran-fuckin-tee it also if i remember i said it before the mother-fucking tour started.

pat tillman rip
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by azcrdnal
    with the same details that your hearing now.

If ya can't beat 'em...
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by JuniorsGrades
    "We tried to do the reunion thing with Roth, I think, three, four, I don't know how many times, you know, on any kind of level," he said. "At the end it was almost like, 'Let's just see if we can go out and play some shows and not even go in the studio,' and we couldn't even work that out with Roth. And at that point, I was so frustrated."

I don't know what to think about that statement. It's pretty open-ended. What does he mean "we couldn't work it out with Roth" ? Who is 'we'? Was it [as previous posts also brought up] lawyers in that group of 'we'?

But the other thing about this last tour:
    Originally posted by Big Troubles
    "Best of BOTH Worlds" Tour. I believe it. In fact Im sure Ive read that statement before. Too bad it never happened. Then again, it would ahve been chaos having Dave and Sam share the same band, splitting the time. Ending/closing...encores etc...
    I did not see that coming! (or going as the case may be). Yes, the title 'Best of Both Worlds' takes on a whole new light [and brings up a new level of disappointment]
    "Money can't buy poverty." -Marty Feldman

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Isnt it so frustrating to know that Dave was the preferred choice, and
    that they have been trying. This is not bad news at all. Perhaps the
    finest hour is still approaching.
    BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
    Love ya Mary Frances!

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    After reading some of these things, I think it's inevitable (unless Eddie dies) that they have to do something. Now they don't even have the Sammy ticket to turn to. And let's admit this to ourselves...if Dave came back in 2004 instead of Sam, there would be no repeat afterwards because Ed would have pissed Dave off no end. Now at least maybe Ed can clean himself up and we can get the real band in the years to come...
    Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
    Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Sheep Pen Emperor
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    We can certainly hope. I'd hate to see something so wonderful as Van Halen die off like this...unfulfilled.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Somebody has got to stop Mikey from sucking Sammy's cock...
    That shit is embarrasing and not helping the cause at all !

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Have you seen how ugly Mona is? Christ, she looks almost worse than Mikey. No wonder Sam is always trying to sub that bitch.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Rikk
    Have you seen how ugly Mona is? Christ, she looks almost worse than Mikey. No wonder Sam is always trying to sub that bitch.
    I think Sammy suffers Clit envy with Mona.....

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    LMFAO. Maybe they share a gunt cleaning kit and she's always hogging the stuff for yeast infections...

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I heard he's jealous because Mona can fit three fingers around hers,
    and he can manage only two...

Sheep Pen Emperor
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Oh, the humanity!

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Rikk
    After reading some of these things, I think it's inevitable (unless Eddie dies) that they have to do something. Now they don't even have the Sammy ticket to turn to. And let's admit this to ourselves...if Dave came back in 2004 instead of Sam, there would be no repeat afterwards because Ed would have pissed Dave off no end. Now at least maybe Ed can clean himself up and we can get the real band in the years to come...
    Good point Rikk!

At first I was so pissed off at the brothers for delivering what came to be known as "the biggest let down in rock n roll history", but now I tend to think thank God Dave was nowhere near that fiasco.

Yeah, if Eddie can get his head together the possibilities are endless.

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by DLR7884
    Hey there Nail!

This is Halen High.

He's gonna hit your right on the fucking head.

DLR7884
    Way to speak the truth Halen High!
    Cheers mate!

I just find it amazing how delusional some fans can be. Who really believes they ever wanted to work with Sammy again? It was obviously a move that smacked of desperation. And look how it turned out.

There is some justice in this world after all.
    Last edited by Halen High; 05-20-2005 at 04:32 AM.

Atomic Punk of Los Santos
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Glad to hear that DLR opted out of last year's tour.

When Dave comes back, it needs to be JUST Dave.

Having Dave "share" a stage with ANYONE is simply not an option. Especially not with fuckin' Sammy.
    Originally posted by perilouspete
    fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Underwhelmist
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Dave and Spammy on the same bill again...never going to happen. Its sad that people can't put their differences aside. I guarantee that if Ed, Al, Mike and Dave sat in a room for a while and said "Lets just see what happens, it will work. Fuck the lawyers, fuck the accountant, lets do it for the fans, and ourselves.
    Fast & Bulbous, Got Me?

Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The Bass player must know it's over for him and VH... Like he was even there for the "Me wise Magic sessions" or the negotiations in 2000. Before last years sheepfest Dave probobly talked the the sisters more than Mike or Sam over the last 7 years or so.

guwapo_rocker

Re: A little tidbit from Blabbermouth

Originally posted by JuniorsGrades
    Nothing really new hear execpt maybe they tried more times than we all thought about a reunion with DLR. After I read that it hit me that maybe they after all these years they don't dislike each other as much as we thought they did. Sounds like they really wanted to do it.

From Blabbermouth.net

Launch Radio Networks reports: Prior to its 2004 reunion with Sammy Hagar, VAN HALEN made repeated attempts to put together a project with original singer David Lee Roth. But bassist Michael Anthony told Launch that none of the Roth reunions took hold. "We tried to do the reunion thing with Roth, I think, three, four, I don't know how many times, you know, on any kind of level," he said. "At the end it was almost like, 'Let's just see if we can go out and play some shows and not even go in the studio,' and we couldn't even work that out with Roth. And at that point, I was so frustrated."

Roth and VAN HALEN parted ways in 1985, after which he was replaced by Hagar. Roth rejoined the group briefly to record two new songs for 1996's "The Best of Van Halen, Volume 1".

Since leaving the band, Roth has maintained a career as a solo artist and actor, and also wrote an autobiography called "Crazy From The Heat". He also trained as an Emergency Medical Services (EMS) technician.

VAN HALEN is currently on hiatus after last year's tour with Hagar.
    Translation:

The sisters wanted to pay Dave minimum wage like they do Sambo, and Dave told us to fuck off.

End of fucking story!

Zero Discipline
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Sounds like good news overall. There is a desire to put the real deal on the road and in the studio.

I'm sure there are three main problems to be resolved.

1) Lawyers slicing up the financial pie. Both now and for past reparations.

2) Lawyers slicing up the management pie. Who's people are in control of tours, new music, swag...etc.?

3) Musical control, including a set list. I can NEVER see Dave singing Dreams.
    "Float like a butterfly. Sting like a B-52." - DLR=VH=
    "Rejoice in the wife of your youth. May her breasts satisfy you always." Proverbs 5:18-19.

Atomic Punk of Los Santos
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Hollywood Jesus
    Sounds like good news overall. There is a desire to put the real deal on the road and in the studio.

I'm sure there are three main problems to be resolved.

1) Lawyers slicing up the financial pie. Both now and for past reparations.

2) Lawyers slicing up the management pie. Who's people are in control of tours, new music, swag...etc.?

3) Musical control, including a set list. I can NEVER see Dave singing Dreams.
    You're probably right on the money Hollywood Jesus. Interesting how lawyers appear in 2/3 of your reasoning!

Whenever lawyers get involved, things get FUBAR'd. Same thing with politicians.

Your last one is interesting....as I've always wondered if a Roth/VH Reunion would dip into the "Hagar songbook" at all. I would hope not...but can you really turn your back on 10 years of material, even if it pretty much SUCKED?

Roth singing "Seventh Seal" or "Spanked".....the mere thought gives me douche chills.

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    remember dave saying "if eddie can find the building anything can happen" asked what he thinks about the RNRHOF thing?

he experienced anything we have seen and heard about the last tour, with eddie drinking and fucking up the songs. no way dave would ruin the legacy of CVH with going on tour with mr fingers in this condition...sam didn't give a flying fuck for ed's health or the quality of the show and did it for the fast buck...

class act, dave...
    Roth Army Icon
    First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Cunning Linguist
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    word.... nuff said, and it better fucking happen soon before ed dies off, then there will be no chance at all, and like Bueno Bob says...The life of VanHalen will be unfulfilled!
    "Hear that O.F.? If old school Army gals with solid track records of contribution choose to bless us with their tits, ass, vagina, or just sexy eye shots, leave them be (at least until I've had a chance to rub one out)..."
    That is all.
    Icon.

"we've always known that van hagar fans are the stupidest people on the planet but my god! "

Cunning Linguist
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I guarantee that if Ed, Al, Mike and Dave sat in a room for a while and said "Lets just see what happens, it will work.
    yeah, the hardest thing about that is to get them in a room first!

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by azcrdnal
    Yeah, but you also said they were making an album called "Reactor" with Steve Miller
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Shaun Ponsonby
    Dave and Spammy on the same bill again...never going to happen. Its sad that people can't put their differences aside. I guarantee that if Ed, Al, Mike and Dave sat in a room for a while and said "Lets just see what happens, it will work. Fuck the lawyers, fuck the accountant, lets do it for the fans, and ourselves.
    Good point. What the fuck is so complicated about a 4 way 25% split anyway? That's fair enough for live performances. Sure Dave & Eddie might deserve a larger cut, but if the lawyers are the problem, then cut the goddamn pie into 4 slices and hit the road. As far as songwriting royalties go, we all know Alex and Mikey don't write shit, so there's no point in even arguing that one. Ringo doesn't get a cut of the Lennon-McCartney songbook, nor should he.

Cunning Linguist
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Terry
    Think the only thing stopping CVH from getting it together is a lack of consensus on how the profits should be split.

Makes sense in light of Ed's "the lawyer's got in the way" remarks of a few years ago.
    everybody gets equal, donate the rest to underprivileged kids....

Thread Information