Who's your favorite character from the Marvel comics?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Golden AWe
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

Who's your favorite character from the Marvel comics?

This is not the easiest one.

I used to buy a lot of comics when I was a kid...still read them sometimes, but the new magazines are not up to the level they were during the 70's and the 80's...

I guess my favorite Marvel magazine changed from time to time. A big part of why they were so good was the soap opera side of the comics, the heroes were often misunderstood and had tragic destinies with their parents, friends and lovers...especially the mutants, X-men, and Hulk.

It's hard to say who's my one and only favorite character of all time, but his vulnerability and sharp tongue of Spiderman made him so a very big candidate. I did enjoy the movie as well.

I also think Spiderman managed to keep it's high quality for the longest period of time.

X-Men, especially Cyclops and Wolverine were amazing. I think the Dark Phoenix-saga, when their loved and powerful member Phoenix went evil, was simply marvellous.

Daredevil - especially when Frank Miller was the main artist, was awesome - very different from the usual superhero comics.

Hulk - I guess he was the most misunderstood of them all and I can't blame them - however, it was grate to see him throwing tanks from time to time.

Fantastic Four - they definetely had one of the coolest villains ever, Dr. Doom! The Thing..."It's globberin' time!" or something...

The Avengers - they had some grate members like Vision, The Beast etc...I haven't read that many of their adventures though.

The super-villains are a big group too. Magneto, The Green Goblin, Elektra...the list is long.

However, my number one favorite had two incarnations. First one in the b/w comics, I guess it already started in the 60's...and the second one in the beginning of the 90's...THE GHOST RIDER.

They also managed to gather the two GR stories pretty well together...the old Blaze joining the new Ghost Rider...and the sorrow of the comics, this was all about losing the loved ones and evil...excellent. I only followed the new comic for 40 numbers or so, so I'm not sure what happened eventually, but I did find him the coolest Marvel hero of all time...

What are your opinions?
    Do you still read Marvel comics?
    a:10:{i:2021;a:5:{s:12:"polloptionid";i:2021;s:6:"nodeid";s:5:"19872";s:5:"title";s:10:"Spider-Man";s:5:"votes";i:16;s:6:"voters";a:16:{i:0;s:4:"3170";i:1;s:4:"9648";i:2;s:5:"12051";i:3;s:5:"10120";i:4;s:4:"4089";i:5;s:4:"2949";i:6;s:4:"6645";i:7;s:5:"11649";i:8;s:4:"5803";i:9;s:4:"9504";i:10;s:4:"4371";i:11;s:4:"4914";i:12;s:2:"11";i:13;s:4:"1309";i:14;s:4:"8719";i:15;s:2:"58";}}i:2022;a:5:{s:12:"polloptionid";i:2022;s:6:"nodeid";s:5:"19872";s:5:"title";s:8:"The Hulk";s:5:"votes";i:1;s:6:"voters";a:1:{i:0;s:3:"271";}}i:2023;a:5:{s:12:"polloptionid";i:2023;s:6:"nodeid";s:5:"19872";s:5:"title";s:31:"Someone from the Fantastic Four";s:5:"votes";i:1;s:6:"voters";a:1:{i:0;s:5:"12533";}}i:2024;a:5:{s:12:"polloptionid";i:2024;s:6:"nodeid";s:5:"19872";s:5:"title";s:22:"Someone from the X-Men";s:5:"votes";i:3;s:6:"voters";a:3:{i:0;s:4:"2655";i:1;s:4:"7499";i:2;s:3:"180";}}i:2025;a:5:{s:12:"polloptionid";i:2025;s:6:"nodeid";s:5:"19872";s:5:"title";s:25:"Someone from The Avengers";s:5:"votes";i:0;s:6:"voters";a:0:{}}i:2026;a:5:{s:12:"polloptionid";i:2026;s:6:"nodeid";s:5:"19872";s:5:"title";s:11:"Ghost Rider";s:5:"votes";i:2;s:6:"voters";a:2:{i:0;s:3:"663";i:1;s:5:"20613";}}i:2027;a:5:{s:12:"polloptionid";i:2027;s:6:"nodeid";s:5:"19872";s:5:"title";s:9:"Daredevil";s:5:"votes";i:1;s:6:"voters";a:1:{i:0;s:4:"1694";}}i:2028;a:5:{s:12:"polloptionid";i:2028;s:6:"nodeid";s:5:"19872";s:5:"title";s:29:"A certain super-villain, who?";s:5:"votes";i:2;s:6:"voters";a:2:{i:0;s:5:"10650";i:1;s:4:"6761";}}i:2029;a:5:{s:12:"polloptionid";i:2029;s:6:"nodeid";s:5:"19872";s:5:"title";s:18:"Someone else, who?";s:5:"votes";i:5;s:6:"voters";a:5:{i:0;s:2:"42";i:1;s:4:"5688";i:2;s:4:"9783";i:3;s:3:"178";i:4;s:4:"9362";}}i:2030;a:5:{s:12:"polloptionid";i:2030;s:6:"nodeid";s:5:"19872";s:5:"title";s:44:"Fuck Marvel, I'm into DC Comics all the way!";s:5:"votes";i:4;s:6:"voters";a:4:{i:0;s:3:"938";i:1;s:4:"5226";i:2;s:2:"41";i:3;s:5:"13755";}}}
    0%
    Originally posted by Cato
    Golden, why are you FAT?
    Originally posted by lesfunk
    Much like yourself as the Jim Morrison of Nazi bunker flies
    http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg
  • Redballjets88
    Full Member Status

• Mar 2005

the thing is awesome
    R.I.P Van Halen 1978-1984

hopefully God will ressurect you

"i wont be messing with you in future.the fearsome redballjets88 for fear of you owning me some more" Axl S

" I liked Sammy Hagar " FORD

Comment

• Warham
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Mar 2004

I still buy a few a month: Young Avengers, New Avengers, and Hawkman and Legion of Superheroes (the latter two DC books). That's the most titles per month I think I've ever read.

Young Avengers is a pretty good read right now.

My favorite character of all-time is Spider-man. Loved the 60's stories that Lee wrote. Great stuff.

Comment

• DlocRoth
        ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

I'm a Wolverine man myself.

Cant say enough about the Adamantium.

DLoc Jr. lives and dies for Spider-man and The Hulk tho.

Oh the bitter arguments that ensue at the Loc residence are fierce and rage on continually.

He's 5.
        Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

Comment

• Redballjets88
          Full Member Status

• Mar 2005

thing vs hulk fight of the century....they have fought 4 times b4 series tied 2-2

"i wont be messing with you in future.the fearsome redballjets88 for fear of you owning me some more" Axl S

Comment

• Golden AWe
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

Oh and I didn't mention the Punisher, who was quite a interesting character, but the stories were not that well written and got pretty repetitive...
            Golden, why are you FAT?

Comment

• Redballjets88
              Full Member Status

• Mar 2005

i'm surised the averngers dont have a movie they were like the marvel nucleus

Comment

• DlocRoth
                ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

Where's Electra? LOL
                Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

Comment

• Redballjets88
                  Full Member Status

• Mar 2005

dead bc she sucks

Comment

• DlocRoth
                    ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Redballjets88
                    dead bc she sucks
                    ...Bennifer's dick.

Comment

• Mezro
                      Full Member Status

• May 2004

Spider-Man (the Ben Reilly costume and black/white ones are my favorite)

Moon Knight (back when Bill Sienkiewicz was doing the pencils)

The Ultimates (best Marvel team book going)

Punisher (Garth Ennis and Steve Dillon run)

Mezro...have a soft spot for Jack of Hearts and Dr.Strange too...don't know why...
                      Got me a date with a shaved Asian. I know, I know; I think it's fucked!

Comment

• DlocRoth
                        ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

I always liked Gambit, too.

Comment

• Redballjets88
                          Full Member Status

• Mar 2005

gambit was like the weakest x-man but he did bang the hott chick

Comment

• Golden AWe
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jan 2004

Also, if you were a pre-teenager/teenager reading those comics...you had to fall in love with someone like Phoenix or Mary Jane.

Fook, I actually saw a very good-looking redhead girl on the bar terrace on tuesday...she looked just like Kirsten Dunst-Mary Jane!

Talk about fetishes...I wonder if she'd let me wear the Spiderman dress...
                            Golden, why are you FAT?

Comment

• Redballjets88
                              Full Member Status

• Mar 2005

i think kirsten dunst is a dog

Comment

Working...