Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Panamark
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

SHE'S considered a modern Greta Garbo - once known by every pop music fan in the world now famous as a recluse.

But Agnetha Faltskog, the blonde member of ABBA, stepped out of the shadows yesterday to reunite with the band for the first time in 23 years.
    Still with her trademark smile, Faltskog joined Bjorn Ulvaeus, Benny Andersson and Anni-Frid Lyngstad for the Swedish premiere of the wildly successful musical Mamma Mia.

The show featuring ABBA's music has raked in more than $1 billion.

Once married to Bjorn, Agnetha has been out of the public eye since the band split in 1982 but defends her lack of appearances because she is "easily stressed".

She recently told Swedish TV she would "rather be an original than a bad copy".

"I'm the same person I've always been - nice, normal, down-to-earth - and easily stressed," she said.

ABBA sold more than 360 million albums in eight years at the top of the charts but dismiss getting back together.

"People want to remember us as we were - youthful and energetic. Not four 60-somethings," Bjorn said.
    BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
    Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Panamark
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

Hey at least they all got together again ??

Never thought I would see that.

Hope for Halen yet ?????????
      Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Nov 2004

I used to be mad about Abba when I was a kid. In love with both Agnetha AND Frida. Their sweet voices, greatly served by that first-class pop music, would hypnotise me.
        In 1993 or 94, I decided not to attend my master's degree courses and to watch a whole-day special on MTV Europe. Clips, interviews, and concert bits were broadcasted all day long. In the evening, they showed the final concert. I spent the whole day, hypnotised again. The music you dug when you were a kid will leave deep prints...

By the way, I remember seeing an Aussie film in which you hear lots of Abba tunes, about a poor (Abba fan) girl trying hard to get hip. The title was "Muriel", if I remember well. I was very surprised to learn it was a Paul "Crocodile Dundee" Hogan film. A depressing movie, to me.

I wouldn't go and see them if they really re-united: I don't feel like ruining my nice memories. The two babes must be over 50 now...
        posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
        posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Panamark
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

Muriels Wedding !

Black Aussie Humour...
          Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Panamark
            Muriels Wedding !

Black Aussie Humour...
            Cheers!

It's funny indeed, but it's got some gloomy side that will give me the blues.
            posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
            posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Panamark
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jan 2004

Yeah the Mother was pretty depressing.
              Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

Working...