Who's the better guitarist steve via or eddie van halen?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Matt White
    • Jun 2004

EVH

Vai is a Mongolian String Bender.

Nothing against Mongolians!

Comment

• bobgnote
      Banned
      • May 2005

Vai, huh?

Originally posted by DR CHIP
      Vai...

Ed can't even play Unchained....
      What did I tell you? You don't get to have more CVH. Not even if Jesus somehow is reborn AND turns dirt to DOUCHE.

Ed can't play! He goes around not even having 'his' major grungies together. Then, he might want to learn to play all the way, just ONE guitar, but that never worked for Ed, so here's SAMMY.

SAMMY is probably a better guitarist than Ed and Vai put together. He just never had the connection to ripoff the better riffs at Warner, UNTIL HE GOT INTO THE VH GROUP. The best unlawful but good-sounding rips from the 1970s got assigned to Van Halen, Stones, Zeppelin. Zep started duping what I know in 1971, so at least six tracks are fake in LZIV, and more, for the rest of their recording career.

No wonder when Charly Bronson wanted a soundtrack, and he signed Jimmy Page for Death Wish IV, Page did zilch and burned their budget. Page was a deadhead the whole time. Get into GIRLS!

As for SAMMY, he can play a lot of material, right through, leading the band, where Ed the faker just poops along, jerking off. Ed needs Sammy. We don't, but from neatly reading the trollers on this forum, who could tell this is a DLR site?

What part of sounding good does this guy Vai ever do? He ain't even a major Steve. How you guys get into THAT undermines CVH demand.

Get guilty and DIE. Heard of Lowell George? SS, DD, only gayer. Red-haired dreamer, huh? LUCY, I'm HOME. When the Dixie Chicks do Earl who needs an operation to be a GIRL, I like their Feat-treatment. They know the history, they play GREAT, everytime, and they don't overly respect Little Feat, Warner, or pumped-up fakes, like Ed, Slash, Vai, whoever. Banjo, fiddle, and accoustic ain't rock axe, though.
      Last edited by bobgnote; 06-08-2005, 08:19 PM.

Comment

• ransonjames
        Roth Army Recruit
        • May 2005

Re: Vai, huh?

Originally posted by bobgnote
        What did I tell you? You don't get to have more CVH. Not even if Jesus somehow is reborn AND turns dirt to DOUCHE.

Ed can't play! He goes around not even having 'his' major grungies together. Then, he might want to learn to play all the way, just ONE guitar, but that never worked for Ed, so here's SAMMY.

SAMMY is probably a better guitarist than Ed and Vai put together. He just never had the connection to ripoff the better riffs at Warner, UNTIL HE GOT INTO THE VH GROUP. The best unlawful but good-sounding rips from the 1970s got assigned to Van Halen, Stones, Zeppelin. Zep started duping what I know in 1971, so at least six tracks are fake in LZIV, and more, for the rest of their recording career.

No wonder when Charly Bronson wanted a soundtrack, and he signed Jimmy Page for Death Wish IV, Page did zilch and burned their budget. Page was a deadhead the whole time. Get into GIRLS!

As for SAMMY, he can play a lot of material, right through, leading the band, where Ed the faker just poops along, jerking off. Ed needs Sammy. We don't, but from neatly reading the trollers on this forum, who could tell this is a DLR site?

What part of sounding good does this guy Vai ever do? He ain't even a major Steve. How you guys get into THAT undermines CVH demand.

Get guilty and DIE. Heard of Lowell George? SS, DD, only gayer. Red-haired dreamer, huh? LUCY, I'm HOME. When the Dixie Chicks do Earl who needs an operation to be a GIRL, I like their Feat-treatment. They know the history, they play GREAT, everytime, and they don't overly respect Little Feat, Warner, or pumped-up fakes, like Ed, Slash, Vai, whoever. Banjo, fiddle, and accoustic ain't rock axe, though.
        don't think i understood a word of that

Comment

• Big Fat Sammy
          Veteran
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by hollywood5150
          EVH of course...............listen to the FUCKING bootlegs....the LIVE shit

steve is damn good..........but eddie fucking rules...........granted he is an idiot........an alcoholic..........an a money hungry fuckhead.....

BUT he is the best at what he does...........the proof is in the pudding..

TASTE IT!
          The proof is in the bootlegs.

Anything that Ed could do Vai could....but Ed HAD THE TONE...and USED to play very in the moment...

Comment

• Seshmeister
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Soul Reaper
            never heard of steve via.

steve vai...yes, steve via...no
            That's about the third time I've seen his name spelt like that here.

How difficult is it to spell, it's only three fucking letters for fuck sake...

Comment

• Hoongood
              Roadie
              • Jan 2004

Vai is by far the better player technically in any era. In the last 20 years, Vai has been infinitely better.

But if you consider innovation and influence on music and the way the instrument is played, Edward is the greatest of all time.

Vai plays it better, but Edward took it to a higher level.
              Yeah right she says, maybe in your dreams!

Comment

• flappo
                Banned
                • Jan 2004

satriani is a better fucking guitarist than vai , he should be , he taught him

eddie is still numero uno as he invented most of the stuff that vai just plagiarised

vai's overrated and boring , jeff beck kicks his fucking ass

Comment

• Last_Child
                  Commando
                  • Oct 2004

Eddie.
                  "With a rate of fire of over 20 rounds per second, the IMI Micro Uzi is almost as fast as Yngwie Malmsteen, and 25.4 times more musical"

Worst of all... It's true..

Comment

Working...