X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

knocked his ass out...

"Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
      Roth Army Caesar
      • Mar 2003

then the bat throwing...blah..blah...blah...sick of looking for pictures...
      "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Redballjets88
        Full Member Status

• Mar 2005

who wouldnt be knocked out from that man it would suck to be him
        R.I.P Van Halen 1978-1984

hopefully God will ressurect you

"i wont be messing with you in future.the fearsome redballjets88 for fear of you owning me some more" Axl S

" I liked Sammy Hagar " FORD

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

High heat from the rocket...he's lucky to be alive...

Comment

• Redballjets88
            Full Member Status

• Mar 2005

yeah he was nursed back to health by mr. slave
            R.I.P Van Halen 1978-1984

hopefully God will ressurect you

"i wont be messing with you in future.the fearsome redballjets88 for fear of you owning me some more" Axl S

" I liked Sammy Hagar " FORD

Comment

• VH LINKS SUCKS
              Foot Soldier
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
              Clemens had a falling out with the old ownership group...

for every group of "HIS SOURCES" that we can find that say no to Boston...we can find an equal amount that say yes...

The only named sources...his agent...his friends...state that Rocket wants to stay in Houston with his family...

and Clemens would never consider himself a rent a player...

why don't you think he'd goto Texas...

Awesome offense...decent starters...more than likely more than enough to carry that division...and a chance to goto the playoffs in his homestate...

He will still end up in New York when it's all said and done...

And the Pizza man's wife is HOT!

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                Roth Army Caesar
                • Mar 2003

Playboy model is she...

As Va knows though...all fags use hot playboy models as cover...

Comment

• VH LINKS SUCKS
                  Foot Soldier
                  • Jan 2004

Playboy model is she...

As Va knows though...all fags use hot playboy models as cover...

LOL...

Do you actually think Mikey would marry some chick if he played on both teams? Lol

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                    Roth Army Caesar
                    • Mar 2003

Don't they all?

Comment

• VH LINKS SUCKS
                      Foot Soldier
                      • Jan 2004

Don't they all?
                      Actually, Jim Rome was speaking directly about Piazza and his hook up with his playboy model wife and how rumours swirled about his sexuality. I remember this a while ago and he spoke about it with caution for obvious reasons and the fact remained that he was much a heterosexual kinda guy according to all the baseball sources....

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                        Roth Army Caesar
                        • Mar 2003

Rocket to Rangers?
                        People close to Clemens say he might agree to deal to Texas, though Yankees are still in mix

BY JON HEYMAN AND KEN DAVIDOFF
                        STAFF WRITERS

June 2, 2005

The Yankees could have some competition for Roger Clemens' services, after all, and this would be a battle in which George Steinbrenner lacked the home-field advantage. The seven-time Cy Young Award winner has expressed interest in joining the Texas Rangers, according to two people familiar with Clemens' thinking.

On Feb. 6, Newsday reported that Clemens, who will turn 43 Aug. 4, made a handshake agreement with Astros owner Drayton McLane upon signing a one-year, $18-million contract for 2005. McLane agreed to trade Clemens to the Yankees if the Astros fell out of the pennant race.

In an interview with ESPN last month, Clemens, who refused to commit to playing the entire 2005 season with the Astros, said he would permit a trade only to the Yankees. Since then, however, the Rangers have surged, putting together a nine-game winning streak before losing last night in Detroit. Texas' hot streak apparently has piqued Clemens' interest in the Rangers.

Although the Rangers are a rare team that has used the same five starters since Opening Day, one executive with an American League team said he had little doubt Texas would have at least "some level of interest" if Clemens becomes available.

Any trade of Clemens would likely not occur until closer to the July 31 non-waivers trading deadline. McLane proved last season, when his club pulled off a remarkable late-season run, that he is reluctant to signal to his fans he is surrendering. But McLane, with Clemens' help, could sell a trade by touting the prospects received, money saved and the possibility of Clemens' return for 2006.

Clemens owns a no-trade clause, and his $18-million contract for this season includes a $3-million kicker if he is dealt.

The righthander, 3-3 with a sterling 1.30 ERA for the last-place Astros, has privately expressed admiration for the Rangers' powerful lineup, speculating that his record would be far better with the support of Texas' offense.

Then there is the issue of proximity. The drive from Clemens' Houston-area home to the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex takes about four hours. Rangers owner Tom Hicks seems more likely than the Yankees to grant Clemens the liberal schedule he has with the Astros. He is not required to attend games he's not pitching. If Hicks agreed to that structure, Clemens could virtually commute to Arlington from Houston.

Hicks, who signed Alex Rodriguez to a 10-year, $252-million contract in December 2000, has been more financially conservative the last few years. Yet acquiring Clemens would present a short-term, if high-volume, investment that would be done by year's end. He would essentially pay for himself in increased attendance and souvenir sales, as he has with the Astros.

Trading the team's top draw (and ace) to the Yankees or neighboring Rangers would generate negative reaction from Astros fans. The more McLane got for Clemens, the easier it would be to convince fans that the deal was worthwhile.

The Rangers, by most accounts, have more to offer the Astros than the Yankees do. Although the Yankees have second baseman Robinson Cano and pitcher Chien-Ming Wang as trade chips, the Rangers boast a highly regarded minor-league crop, including pitchers John Danks, Thomas Diamond and Ricardo Rodriguez, shortstop Ian Kinsler and first baseman Adrian Gonzalez.

Yet the Yankees still have great appeal to Clemens. He greatly enjoyed his five seasons in the Bronx, so when his January 2004 "unretirement" drew the ire of many Yankees fans, Clemens felt bad. Part of him, friends contend, wants to mend that fence. Clemens enjoyed pitching for manager Joe Torre and pitching coach Mel Stottlemyre, and he even had a mostly positive relationship with Steinbrenner.

But Torre has said publicly that he wouldn't approve of Clemens' "part-time" schedule; given the Yankees' preponderance of superstars, it would be more difficult for such an arrangement to fly. Steinbrenner, not Torre, of course, would ultimately decide this issue.

Yankees people privately have expressed concerns about Boston's possible involvement but still seem fairly confident they won't lose Clemens to their archrival. There's little evidence to suggest he is as interested in returning to Boston as he is in returning to the Bronx or going to Texas.

So...we have a confirmation of the possibility...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                          Roth Army Caesar
                          • Mar 2003

I don't really think Piazza is a fag...if that's what you are asking...

Comment

• VH LINKS SUCKS
                            Foot Soldier
                            • Jan 2004

I don't really think Piazza is a fag...if that's what you are asking...
                            Neither do I.

I heard some media chick started the rumour after he turned her down.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                              Roth Army Caesar
                              • Mar 2003

It is funny that a lot of the prominant athletes that are considered possible "fags" always end up dating playboy playmates...

Comment

• VH LINKS SUCKS
                                Foot Soldier
                                • Jan 2004

It is funny that a lot of the prominant athletes that are considered possible "fags" always end up dating playboy playmates...
                                LOL...that is so true!

It only takes one media be-atch to spread a rumour and that is the beginning of an unwarranted stereotype.

Comment

Working...