First off,a big shout out to DR CHIP for hooking up the free tickets...you are the man!

DHL showed up around noon with my 3 tickets and by 2:00 I was out the door, making the 265 mile trip to Valdosta, GA. Now, since it was just me, I'm thinking I can sell the remaining two tickets and make out okay. When I got to the park, a better idea hit me. I should go find two of the hottest chicks I can find and give them the tickets. Trust me, at this place, it was slim pickings, but I did alright for myself and found two college girls who are huge Dave fans and drove two hours to see the show.

Right before the show I got to meet Ray Luzier briefly, I recognized him right away and we introduced ourselves. Finally, Dave took the stage. He came out there like a fire breathing dragon, simply on fire. It's hard to find words to describe the instant energy that just erupted at the place. The crowd was on their feet and Dave was grinning ear to ear. He was just having so much fun, it was infectious. The whole band just seemed tight, they had charsima, everyone was just grooving. I think Ray and Dave just feed off each other, they both were just loving it.

This was a family venue, for real..no booze, no weed, so Dave apparently had some rules to follow, but they pretty much went out the window. This older brunette in the front row was doing something to get Dave's attention and he breaks out with "knock that off, you slut...you're most important discovery in brunettes since Snow White...is it too early for a booty call?" Right before Just A Gigolo, this dude ran up and got Dave to sign a CD cover. Dave was real cool about it and signed it, then brought it back to the drum riser and sat on it, giving it the stamp of approval. Then, this older, not so attractive lady brings some shit for him to sign. He's making her feel nice, telling her she should write her number on there as well and she's a delicious little slut and all that. Then, her daughter runs up to the stage and easily the most tasteless moment of the evening happened (and in the deep south, that's saying something.) He says to this girl "Usually I wait until after the encore for the booty call, but I just might have to make an exception for you, sweetheart." This girl was 15, maybe...tops. It was fucking hilarious and the mom whisks the daughter away, instantly. Shortly after that, two old ladies got so offended, they upped and left.

You already know the lineup, the setlist...no disappointments at all. Once again, Dave brought the party with him and carried the rock god torch as the last remaining king of rock n' roll. I had a blast, danced the night away with some hotties...easily the best time anyone in this part of the country has had since....New Year's Eve!

Rock on and thanks again to DR CHIP for the tickets!