Commando
    Groupie

Member No
    Last Online
    06-20-2013 @ 03:13 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Valdosta Show Review

First off,a big shout out to DR CHIP for hooking up the free tickets...you are the man!

DHL showed up around noon with my 3 tickets and by 2:00 I was out the door, making the 265 mile trip to Valdosta, GA. Now, since it was just me, I'm thinking I can sell the remaining two tickets and make out okay. When I got to the park, a better idea hit me. I should go find two of the hottest chicks I can find and give them the tickets. Trust me, at this place, it was slim pickings, but I did alright for myself and found two college girls who are huge Dave fans and drove two hours to see the show.

Right before the show I got to meet Ray Luzier briefly, I recognized him right away and we introduced ourselves. Finally, Dave took the stage. He came out there like a fire breathing dragon, simply on fire. It's hard to find words to describe the instant energy that just erupted at the place. The crowd was on their feet and Dave was grinning ear to ear. He was just having so much fun, it was infectious. The whole band just seemed tight, they had charsima, everyone was just grooving. I think Ray and Dave just feed off each other, they both were just loving it.

This was a family venue, for real..no booze, no weed, so Dave apparently had some rules to follow, but they pretty much went out the window. This older brunette in the front row was doing something to get Dave's attention and he breaks out with "knock that off, you slut...you're most important discovery in brunettes since Snow White...is it too early for a booty call?" Right before Just A Gigolo, this dude ran up and got Dave to sign a CD cover. Dave was real cool about it and signed it, then brought it back to the drum riser and sat on it, giving it the stamp of approval. Then, this older, not so attractive lady brings some shit for him to sign. He's making her feel nice, telling her she should write her number on there as well and she's a delicious little slut and all that. Then, her daughter runs up to the stage and easily the most tasteless moment of the evening happened (and in the deep south, that's saying something.) He says to this girl "Usually I wait until after the encore for the booty call, but I just might have to make an exception for you, sweetheart." This girl was 15, maybe...tops. It was fucking hilarious and the mom whisks the daughter away, instantly. Shortly after that, two old ladies got so offended, they upped and left.

You already know the lineup, the setlist...no disappointments at all. Once again, Dave brought the party with him and carried the rock god torch as the last remaining king of rock n' roll. I had a blast, danced the night away with some hotties...easily the best time anyone in this part of the country has had since....New Year's Eve!

Rock on and thanks again to DR CHIP for the tickets!
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Commando
    Groupie

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Ice Cream Man

Thanks forthe dream.- DLR
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    08-19-2021 @ 12:39 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Thanks for the review...glad you had a great time!
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Thanks forthe dream.- DLR
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    08-19-2021 @ 12:39 AM
    Status
    Thanks

nice pic

Commando
    Groupie

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

After the show

Foot Soldier

Member No
    Last Online
    03-29-2013 @ 12:19 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Puts a big smile on Doc's face....

Roth Convert. Sam WHO?
    Full On Cocktard

Member No
    Last Online
    05-24-2006 @ 08:57 PM
    Status
    Thanks

DUDE! When we rushed the stage...I think it was you that was standin right next to me! NICE! Roth Army In The House!

me....

Commando
    Groupie

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Yeah, that was tight when everyone rushed the stage, you know Dave and the band was just loving that shit.

The king of Nothing
    Roth Army Recruit
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-10-2005 @ 05:59 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Hey man i sitting right behind the chicks in the pic. I was the one with the stones shirt. DLR is awesome live. Best concert i have ever been to!!

Roth Army Recruit
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-19-2020 @ 12:03 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Man sat right beside yall. I was the tall guy in the summertimes here t-shirt. Wish I'd have spoken. I kinda felt out of place went by myself, and sat between yall and that family on the other side. Anyway great show you were definatley with the 2 hottest girls there. That no alcohal thing threw me I wasn't expecting that. I downed a few in the car before the show, but was wanting another one.

Dumpwaffen SS
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-25-2024 @ 06:36 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Re: Valdosta Show Review

Originally posted by rochesterdr
    This older brunette in the front row was doing something to get Dave's attention and he breaks out with "knock that off, you slut...you're most important discovery in brunettes since Snow White...is it too early for a booty call?" Right before Just A Gigolo, this dude ran up and got Dave to sign a CD cover. Dave was real cool about it and signed it, then brought it back to the drum riser and sat on it, giving it the stamp of approval. Then, this older, not so attractive lady brings some shit for him to sign. He's making her feel nice, telling her she should write her number on there as well and she's a delicious little slut and all that. Then, her daughter runs up to the stage and easily the most tasteless moment of the evening happened (and in the deep south, that's saying something.) He says to this girl "Usually I wait until after the encore for the booty call, but I just might have to make an exception for you, sweetheart." This girl was 15, maybe...tops. It was fucking hilarious and the mom whisks the daughter away, instantly. Shortly after that, two old ladies got so offended, they upped and left.
    Hahhahaah...grate story...cheers!

Dumpwaffen SS
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by rochesterdr
    After the show
    can i have her number?

Roth Army Recruit
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-14-2008 @ 11:40 PM
    Status
    Thanks

HEY everyone!
    I was the girl up front that seemed to start the whole stage rush! I had on an 'old school' iron on of Dave on a white shirt.
    Me and my 2 buddies travelled from atlanta for the show, and loved every minute of it. We had 11th row tickets, but there were alot of empty seats, so we moved up to about the 4th row before the show began. When Dave came out, he looked SO great, best he's looked in years. Brown, short hair that looked very healthy, I almost thought he had a facelift he looked so good, but I don't think he did, I think his hair made a huge difference and he was just so fuckin HAPPY!!
    SO,,,,,,during the first song, the first row was half empty, so I grabbed my 2 buddies and we ran up there, and stayed in first row the whole concert, it was AWESOME! Dave gave alot more eye contact than he usually does, and he smiled and pointed at us alot, it was great!
    My friend David had on his "It Aint VH without David Lee Roth" and Dave was loving it!
    I haven't had that much fun at a show in a long time. He was just "ON" the whole time, looked great, smiled, the band AS USUAL was flawless.
    Towards the end, I had an urge and ran up to the stage and reached my hand up to Dave because he was so close to the edge of the stage, and IMMEDIATELY after that is when the stage got rushed by everyone, and you could tell Dave fed off of that energy.
    Do NOT miss this show if he is coming in driving distance of you!!!!

Roth Army Recruit
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-14-2008 @ 11:40 PM
    Status
    Thanks

OH, and the young girl that tried to get something signed with her mom up front,,,,,,,,what he said to her was "if you want that signed, you'll have to sleep with me first",,,,,,,and the FUNNIEST thing about it all was that the girl's shirt said "ABSTINENCE" on the back (Not sure what was on the front),,,,,now THATS funny!!

Dumpwaffen SS
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by IceCreamGal
    HEY everyone!
    I was the girl up front that seemed to start the whole stage rush! I had on an 'old school' iron on of Dave on a white shirt.
    Me and my 2 buddies travelled from atlanta for the show, and loved every minute of it. We had 11th row tickets, but there were alot of empty seats, so we moved up to about the 4th row before the show began. When Dave came out, he looked SO great, best he's looked in years. Brown, short hair that looked very healthy, I almost thought he had a facelift he looked so good, but I don't think he did, I think his hair made a huge difference and he was just so fuckin HAPPY!!
    SO,,,,,,during the first song, the first row was half empty, so I grabbed my 2 buddies and we ran up there, and stayed in first row the whole concert, it was AWESOME! Dave gave alot more eye contact than he usually does, and he smiled and pointed at us alot, it was great!
    My friend David had on his "It Aint VH without David Lee Roth" and Dave was loving it!
    I haven't had that much fun at a show in a long time. He was just "ON" the whole time, looked great, smiled, the band AS USUAL was flawless.
    Towards the end, I had an urge and ran up to the stage and reached my hand up to Dave because he was so close to the edge of the stage, and IMMEDIATELY after that is when the stage got rushed by everyone, and you could tell Dave fed off of that energy.
    Do NOT miss this show if he is coming in driving distance of you!!!!
    ahahaha...thanks for sharing!

sooo...can I have your number?

Hooter Patrol Leader
    Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-23-2006 @ 04:17 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Large crowd or not, Dave knows how to make the best of things and turn a potential bomb of an event into "THE BOMB" of an event...LOL

Anytime he's in my vicinity, I'M THERE!

Commando
    Groupie

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by IceCreamGal
    OH, and the young girl that tried to get something signed with her mom up front,,,,,,,,what he said to her was "if you want that signed, you'll have to sleep with me first",,,,,,,and the FUNNIEST thing about it all was that the girl's shirt said "ABSTINENCE" on the back (Not sure what was on the front),,,,,now THATS funny!!

That shit was so funny...I think I remember you...you're the brunette with tattoos on her ankles, right? I asked you and your entourage where the stage was when I got there and you told me to turn left at the Dippn' Dots.

I never even saw that girl's shirt, but that makes what he said even more perfect. Mom got her away from Dave real quick.

Full On Cocktard

Member No
    Last Online
    06-20-2007 @ 09:18 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by steveonet

Uncle Festor rocking out to DLR

Drop and give me ten!
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-16-2023 @ 03:37 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Nice!

Thread Information