Thread: Van Halen: Greensboro 7/16/82

Lou

Van Halen: Greensboro 7/16/82

http://www.sharingthegroove.org/msgb...514#post599514

This Hagar talk is making me sick, time to show some fucking Van HALEN power over at STG.

Enjoy this gang.

EVH Fanatic: I'll burn you this show free of charge and sent it with your B&P
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Lou
    I forgot, DO NOT CONVERT TO MP3!!!!!!

ian_doherty
    is that a virus?

what sort of extension is .torrent?

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:15 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,529 Times in 1,999 Posts

Originally posted by Lou
    I already converted it to MP3 long ago. Maybe you should upgrade that piece of shit Kraco stereo your Mommy gave you, so the music sounds good in any format. Come get in my car and listen to how MP3's sound on a real system.

You've got a real ear for sound Lou. Was that Dear John voicemail message you got from Sweet Irony in MP3 format? Maybe that's why you had such a hard time understanding it.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Skills That Thrill
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    11-15-2023 @ 08:25 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by Lou
    Why not?
    I am not interested in anything that is not mp3!

Lou
    Originally posted by Von Halen
    I already converted it to MP3 long ago. Maybe you should upgrade that piece of shit Kraco stereo your Mommy gave you, so the music sounds good in any format. Come get in my car and listen to how MP3's sound on a real system.

You've got a real ear for sound Lou. Was that Dear John voicemail message you got from Sweet Irony in MP3 format? Maybe that's why you had such a hard time understanding it.
    FUCK YOU, asshole. I don't know what the hell your problem is.

And for the record, mp3 has severely fucked up the VH trading pool to the point where no one can get a clean copy of a show anymore.

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    05-10-2021 @ 05:52 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Lou, give us the freedom of convert.

Lou
    No. Have you read the thread over at vhtrading.com that was posted today about this? People getting ripped off because others are sending them mp3 shit that they didn't want or knew how to check for?

This is the ONLY trading community that has no standards whatsoever, and look where it's gotten it...to the point where no one can get a fucking clean show of anything. It's just pathetic.

How do you people not care that all your shows have fucking gaps, pauses, hiccups, and junk in them? Whole fucking tracks missing even. I can't stand listening to that shit, it just totally ruins the live feel. Some of you people wouldn't last a day in the Zep community.

Mp3's SUCK. OK they just SUCK. The whole community has suffered, and Cato you should know that better than anyone.

Dammit I'm trying to give people CLEAN FUCKING COPIES of shows. WHY WHY WHY do some of you insist on ruining them!!!!

Skills That Thrill
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    I have never had a problem with hissing or gaps.
    All the live shows I have sound great.
    I am not into this to collect and trade.
    Just to listen to it..

Lou
    Yeah that's my whole point, I find it unlistenable with all the junk in between the tracks and the dull sound coming from mp3 sourcing.

Do you guys care about quality at all?

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by Lou
    Yeah that's my whole point, I find it unlistenable with all the junk in between the tracks and the dull sound coming from mp3 sourcing.

Do you guys care about quality at all?
    I agree with Sarge. The quality on most of the stuff just isn't that different.

My stereo in my car can blister your eardrums and make your fillings hurt with traditional CD's, or MP3's. Of course, I spent a small fortune so I'd have good QUALITY sound.

Maybe those ole Logitech speakers on your computer need to be replaced Lou.

Lou
    I still want to know why the hell you're obsessed with me. You have my name in your avatar...that's just fucking SICK.
    Last edited by Lou; 03-05-2004 at 01:37 AM.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Obsessed? This is what, the second response I've directed to you out of your 213 or so posts? That is an obsession? Dude, you put up this holier than thou MP3 attitude, which I totally disagree with, and I am obsessed because I respond? Get over yourself man. Enjoy the fucking music, in whatever format you can get it in. Most bootlegs don't sound like shit because they are in MP3 format, they sound like shit because they are BOOTLEGS.

And aren't you the guy that was too cheap to BUY the Diamond Dave album? If you want studio sound quality, BUY the fucking studio albums.

Lou
    Yeah and that's what this is all about, the fact that I refuse to support such a bad album, the fact that I went on your website and decided that I wasn't going to say it was good just because it was Dave. I had a feeling it wasn't going to be good and I wasn't going to throw away my money on it. If I liked what I heard I would have bought it.

Again, if you're not obsessed with me why do you feel the need to just bring up something that has absolutely NOTHING to do with my feeling on mp3's? Why does it have to be personal with you? Yeah leave my name in your avatar so you can prove what a neurotic asshole you are.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I'm an asshole, just not a neurotic one. How do you know that avatar isn't directed at Lou Reed? Or Lou Pinella? Or countless other Lou's out there? Again, get over yourself.

I have no problem with your opinion of the Diamond Dave album. No matter where you post it. I just find it ironic that someone that is so concerned with "quality" won't purchase and support a good sounding album from someone you claim to like so much.

You'd rather spend your money and energy on BOOTLEGS that never sounded studio quality from the beginning, because they are BOOTLEGS. And then you have the nerve to complain about them.

I bet you love the studio polished "live" albums some bands put out. That's what you are really looking for.

Oh, and I apologize for ribbing you about Sweet Irony. She is much to nice for me to drag her name into your negative world. I really should let that one go.

Lou
    Originally posted by Von Halen
    I'm an asshole, just not a neurotic one. How do you know that avatar isn't directed at Lou Reed? Or Lou Pinella? Or countless other Lou's out there? Again, get over yourself.
    Real funny. Yeah it's someone else. Got any more jokes?

I have no problem with your opinion of the Diamond Dave album. No matter where you post it. I just find it ironic that someone that is so concerned with "quality" won't purchase and support a good sounding album from someone you claim to like so much.

I love Van Halen with Roth. Roth solo is good but he's done next to nothing in the way of new material since DLR Band. The new album was terrible. I downloaded mp3's to preview it because I had a feeling it was gonna suck, and I was right. I will absolutely NOT buy something just because it has someone's name on it. You obviously will.

You'd rather spend your money and energy on BOOTLEGS that never sounded studio quality from the beginning, because they are BOOTLEGS. And then you have the nerve to complain about them.

I'm into bootlegs because I love the energy of the live performance. Just because most of them aren't studio quality from the beginning doesn't mean we should then screw around with them. I complain about people needlessly fucking them up with mp3 sourcing. Have you ever seen me complain about the bootleg itself? No.

I bet you love the studio polished "live" albums some bands put out. That's what you are really looking for.

No I hate those, that's why I'm interested in bootlegs, I like the raw energy.

Oh and I apologize for ribbing you about Sweet Irony. She is much to nice for me to drag her name into your negative world. I really should let that one go. [/QUOTE]

Maybe your wife would be interested to know what YOU were doing with her.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I hate to make you work so hard at being negative Lou. Have you ever thought about therapy?

You like the raw energy as long as it sounds perfect. You are a hypocrite. Most bootlegs don't sound good. It has nothing to do with them being sourced to MP3. It's because they were recorded on a device that isn't meant to put out perfect reproductions. Or can't because of the surroundings. You know, crowd noise and stuff like that. Again, they're BOOTLEGS. So, you like a bad sounding recording as long as it hasn't been sourced to MP3? Interesting. You got me there.

Do you have pictures of myself and Sweet Irony you can send my Wife's way? I don't recall ever meeting her, let alone falling in love with her. I'm not even sure I ever cyberbanged© her. Maybe I did. Let's ask her. Sweet Irony, have you ever caused me to splatter my keyboard with jizz?

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    05-10-2021 @ 05:52 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    I'm pretty sure most people here don't care if it's mp3 or not.
    they only wanna hear music easily. eh?

...actually MP3 is a sort of shit. I also dislike it.

Sweet Talkin' Ladies Man
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    08-20-2016 @ 03:01 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Re: Van Halen: Greensboro 7/16/82

Originally posted by Lou
    EVH Fanatic: I'll burn you this show free of charge and sent it with your B&P
    Thanks!!

Lou
    Originally posted by Cato

...actually MP3 is a sort of shit. I also dislike it.
    And I understand that.

BUT, they're gonna trade it too. And I know for a fact because I've talked to someone extensively over at VHtrading.com, he had so many boots that turned out to be mp3'd. Then it gets on someone's list, and you trade for it thinking it's fine, and it's not.

If there was a guarantee that whoever downloaded the mp3's wouldn't trade it, I'd be fine with that. But I know that won't happen.

Mp3's aren't "sort of" shit, they ARE shit.

Skills That Thrill
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by Cato
    Exactly!

Lou
    I'll offer it again, anyone who wants these shows can do a B&P with me. Meaning you send me however many CD's you want to burn (in this case it's 2 for this and 2 for SF), along with a postage paid self-addressed envelope and I will burn the shows for you.

A lot of you have high-speed internet. I don't know what the problem is. You leave the torrent running overnight and when you wake up in the morning it's done. Obviously a few hours' wait isn't worth it to some of you in order to get a great sounding show, you'd rather have a dull sound with spaces between tracks...whatever.

Thread Information