Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Howard Dean's Raised Voice Raising Cash?

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Howard Dean's Raised Voice Isn't Raising Cash

Washington Outlook
    Edited by Lee Walczak

Howard Dean's Raised Voice Isn't Raising Cash

One hundred days into his tenure as the high-energy, higher-decibel chairman of the Democratic Party, Howard Dean is in trouble with party moneybags. The former Vermont governor seems to be doing a better job flaying the Republicans than bridging the cash chasm between the parties. Given Dean's 2004 run as a populist crusader, moderates were never wild about his takeover of the Democratic National Committee. So some big donors are sitting on their wallets.

Dean wowed the faithful in '04 with his Web-based fund-raising magic. But major business donors still count, and in his new role as party honcho, the feisty doctor seems to be struggling to connect. After achieving money parity with the GOP in 2004, Democrats have fallen far behind. According to the Federal Election Commission, the DNC raised $14.1 million in the first quarter of 2005, vs. the Republican National Committee's $32.3 million. Dean drew about 20,000 new donors, while his rivals picked up 68,200. The bottom line: Republicans have $26.2 million in the bank vs. $7.2 million for the Dems.

Why the yawning gap? For starters, Dean is not a natural fit for the "stroke and joke" style that traditional party chiefs use to extract cash from well-heeled contributors. "It appears that the chairman has come to the conclusion that he doesn't need major donors," sniffs one fat cat. "He hasn't made any effort to reach out."

Personality factors aside, Dean's business-bashing '04 campaign makes him a hard sell in corporate circles. "There's a wait-and-see attitude from business and major contributors," says Nathan Landow, a Maryland developer and big-time donor. "This guy has some work to do to get the comfort level up." William W. Batoff, a Philadelphia real estate developer and longtime Democratic fund-raiser who backed President Bush in 2000 and 2004, is less diplomatic. "Howard Dean is the wrong person to be chair," says Batoff, who claims he will help fund the Dems' congressional efforts but will boycott the national committee while Dean reigns.

"Kind of a Dustpan"
    Recent evidence of big-donor discomfort: A DNC event scheduled for May 25 at Manhattan's cavernous Jacob K. Javits Convention Center was scaled back to a smaller venue at the Essex House hotel. Bridget Siegel, the DNC's New York finance chair, says the event was moved because the new room "just worked better."

According to his defenders, Dean is doing just fine in the money wars. Internet and direct-mail appeals have started pulling in $1 million a week, says party spokeswoman Karen Finney, and the chairman "is pleased overall with [the pace of] fund-raising." Former DNC Chair Steve Grossman, a close ally, says Dean "is becoming more comfortable with [asking for money] by the day." Dean may yet find ways to build bridges to reluctant donors, but few think he'll ever be another Terry McAuliffe, the human money machine whom he replaced. "McAuliffe was like a vacuum cleaner," says Rutgers University political scientist Ross K. Baker. "Dean is kind of a dustpan."

He may be no McAuliffe, but Dean defenders note that his predecessor's golden cash register was accompanied by stinging setbacks at the polls. The new boss represents the grassroots' desire to take the fight to the Republicans. That he's doing. Still, unless Dean narrows the huge cash disparity, he may not be able to build the political dynamo he promised.

By Eamon Javers and Richard S. Dunham

http://www.businessweek.com/magazine...6057_mz013.htm

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    BusinessWeek, Fox News made baseless claim that Dean is poor fund-raiser

BusinessWeek reporters Eamon Javers and Richard Dunham baselessly asserted in a June 6 article that Democratic National Committee (DNC) chairman Howard Dean is not an effective fund-raiser, a claim that Fox News hosts Brit Hume and John Gibson echoed. But in making this claim, Javers and Dunham simply compared DNC fund-raising with money raised this year by the Republican National Committee (RNC), rather than comparing fund-raising by the Dean-led DNC this year with that of the DNC in 2003, the most recent election off-year.

Javers and Dunham began their analysis noting that "[a]fter achieving money parity with the GOP in 2004, Democrats have fallen far behind." But this creates a flawed standard to evaluate Dean's success, as 2004 was the first time in history that Democrats had achieved such a feat. Noting that the DNC raised $14.1 million in the first quarter of 2005 compared to $32.3 million by the RNC, they concluded that "Dean may yet find ways to build bridges to reluctant donors, but few think he'll ever be another [preceding DNC chair] Terry McAuliffe, the human money machine whom he replaced."

But a comparison of Dean's first three months as chairman shows that he has actually out-raised his predecessor during the same period in 2003. Dean raised $14.8 million between February and April (the latest data available), versus $8.5 million during that period in 2003, the previous non-election year. Additionally, the DNC has raised more in comparison to the RNC over the past three months than it did during 2003. The RNC raised $32.4 million between February and April, about 2.2 times the rate of the Democrats. Over the same period in 2003 the RNC raised $25.7 million, more than three times the rate of the DNC. Media Matters is citing statistics from February through April, rather than the first-quarter statistics that BusinessWeek used, because Dean did not assume leadership of the DNC until February 12.

Javers and Dunham also noted the "bottom line" that Republicans had $26.2 million in the bank vs. $7.2 million for the Democrats at the end of the first quarter this year, failing to note that this is nearly double the $3.9 million the DNC had on hand at the end of the first quarter in 2003.

The BusinessWeek article was cited by host Brit Hume in the "Political Grapevine" segment of the June 2 edition of Fox News' Special Report with Brit Hume and by host John Gibson on Fox News' The Big Story with John Gibson as part of a June 2 interview with Democratic strategist Mary Anne Marsh and Republican strategist Brad Blakeman.

— J.W.

Posted to the web on Friday June 3, 2005 at 7:06 PM EST

Copyright © 2004-2005 Media Matters for America. All rights reserved.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Sui Generis
    Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Howard Dean is a loose cannon and seems to feel that he can say what he wishes and there are no consequences.

I loved it when he doomed himself with that ridicuous rant during the election. He could never be president. He may be the spokesman, but he needs a muzzle.

LT

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by LadyTudor2711
    Howard Dean is a loose cannon and seems to feel that he can say what he wishes and there are no consequences.

I loved it when he doomed himself with that ridicuous rant during the election. He could never be president. He may be the spokesman, but he needs a muzzle.

LT
    Why does he need a muzzle?

As a lifelong Democrat, I'm sick of pussies like Dukakis and Kerry and McAulliffe who think appeasing these neocon fascists will get them votes.

I'm even sicker of sellouts like Biden, Richardson, Hillary and the rest of the DLC who openly endorse corporatism and the PNAC global war agenda.

Howard Dean tells it like it is. He won't pretend that "Bush is a good man who wants the best for this country" - because he ISN'T.

Did Bush or Cheney ever work in their lives? NO

Is the Republican agenda centered around rich white people who claim to be "Christians"? Undeniably YES.

What has Dean said that was not accurate?

These people tore up Jimmy Carter because he couldn't clean up Nixon's mess in 4 years. Then they harassed Bill Clinton over a BLOW JOB.

Clearly, THEY do not play nice. Why the Hell should we? Fact is that there is a criminal regime destroying everything that liberals AND genuine conservatives value about this country, and if we don't speakup about it, and do something about it, there will soon be no country to save, because the damage will be irreversible.

Yes Howard Dean speaks for me, and he speaks for what WAS good about America. And hopefully will be again.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    So you believe blacks work in hotels too?

Dean knows what he's talking about when it comes to minorities.

Vermont is #50 I believe in the number of blacks per square mile of any state in the Union.

Got it bad...
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    FORD apparantly isn't sick of losing elections and is looking for more reasons to believe the fringe left is the center of America and can win elections by pandering strictly to them.
    Meet us in the future, not the pasture

Proud Ford Owner
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by FORD Yes Howard Dean speaks for me, and he speaks for what WAS good about America. And hopefully will be again.

He speaks for you? You're lock step with the minority issues, the confederate flag issues, the homosexual issues, and the fact that he a dangerous loudmouth in desperate need of medications?

Don't know how to break it to you....Dean IS a PUSSY!

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Ok, so now those who stand up to their enemies are "pussies" and those who appease fascists are to be admired?

Which bizzaro world are you from?

Stallion
    Originally posted by FORD
    Ok, so now those who stand up to their enemies are "pussies" and those who appease fascists are to be admired?

Which bizzaro world are you from?

So....you're sick of appeasers and pussies like Dukakis and Kerry, so your answer is a loose lipped freak show that will turn off the swing voters?

HUH?

Look...if you want your party in power again someday Ford, someone in your party is going to have to win back the Reagan Dems....I dont think Dean will get the job done running down christians. All he's doing is pissing off the center and appealing to the far left wing.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    It's a simple as this, Gelding...

If the so called "10% in the middle" doesn't have the mental capacity to know the difference between how well this country was doing in the 1990's and how poorly we are doing now, and how a regime of lying treasonous criminals are to blame for that, then why should we waste time on them?

I would rather win back the 50% who don't vote at all anymore, because they believe NEITHER party represents the people. And while that is certainly true of the Republicans, it has also sadly been the case with the corporatist/neocon sympathy wing, led by the DLC which has hijacked the Democratic party.

Howard Dean is doing just fine on fundraising. In fact the numbers this week should be even better What he is NOT doing is whoring himself to the corporations to get that money, but taking his case to the PEOPLE.

Isn't that the way it should be done?

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    This is starting to turn into the fucking HOWARD DEAN forum...

And it's sort of gay I might add. I think FIVE FUCKING DEAN THREADS ON THE FRONT PAGE IS ENOUGH!

Builder of Sites
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by diamondD
    FORD apparantly isn't sick of losing elections and is looking for more reasons to believe the fringe left is the center of America and can win elections by pandering strictly to them.
    In English next time, please

Your spelling and sentence "construction" has placed you somewhere near the middle of "mildly retarded"

Gold Star for you !!!

Welcome to the Republican Party. Grab a crayon, you have work to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by cadaverdog View Post
    I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Builder of Sites
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Nickdfresh

And it's sort of gay I might add. I think FIVE FUCKING DEAN THREADS ON THE FRONT PAGE IS ENOUGH!
    Welcome to FORD country, Nicky

I do admire his passion though.

We progressives could use more of it.

Frontline Voice of Reason
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

No, I think not. Not as long as Howie keeps shooting his mouth off. FORD sure as hell doesn't put a limit on the Bush threads now does he?

Quit your whinin'. That's all you Libs ever do. Don't you ever get out of bed in the morning and see something positive about the world? Let me guess...not since November of 2000, huh?
    “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Never stopped you guys from posting ten or more threads on George Bush at one time.

Got it bad...
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by LoungeMachine
    In English next time, please

Your spelling and sentence "construction" has placed you somewhere near the middle of "mildly retarded"

Gold Star for you !!!

Welcome to the Republican Party. Grab a crayon, you have work to do.
    I'm an independent. When you grow up and get out of grade school, maybe your reading comprehension will be improved.

Do you ever stop being a whiny bitch with nothing to say but insults?

Go running back to following Jesterstar around and telling everyone 100s of times how HE doesn't have a life.
    Last edited by diamondD; 06-10-2005 at 07:32 AM.

Stallion
    Originally posted by FORD
    It's a simple as this, Gelding...

If the so called "10% in the middle" doesn't have the mental capacity to know the difference between how well this country was doing in the 1990's and how poorly we are doing now, and how a regime of lying treasonous criminals are to blame for that, then why should we waste time on them?

I would rather win back the 50% who don't vote at all anymore, because they believe NEITHER party represents the people. And while that is certainly true of the Republicans, it has also sadly been the case with the corporatist/neocon sympathy wing, led by the DLC which has hijacked the Democratic party.

Howard Dean is doing just fine on fundraising. In fact the numbers this week should be even better What he is NOT doing is whoring himself to the corporations to get that money, but taking his case to the PEOPLE.

Isn't that the way it should be done?
    I think it would be safe to say that a large number of those who didn’t vote in the last election are Christian. It would also be safe to say that they wouldn’t like to have their faith be made a mockery of by Howie Dean.
    And it’s not just religious issues, its racial issues and number of other stupid things the guy has said. Dean cannot control himself.

Again, all he's doing is getting the far left in a lather, and pissing everyone else off.

I’m not complaining you understand. I hope Howie continues the path he’s on…..

Builder of Sites
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I'm an independent. When you grow up and get out of grade school, maybe your reading comprehension will be improved.

Try spell check and puncuation first.

Don't fear them.

And you're about as "independent" as Sean Hannity

Grade school? How will I ever recover from that one?

Builder of Sites
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

By the way, fuckstump....

it's spelled Caucasian

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by BigBadBrian
    No, I think not. Not as long as Howie keeps shooting his mouth off. FORD sure as hell doesn't put a limit on the Bush threads now does he?

Quit your whinin'. That's all you Libs ever do. Don't you ever get out of bed in the morning and see something positive about the world? Let me guess...not since November of 2000, huh?
    DEAN 'shooting his mouth off' is a non-issue that's invented by your little clearing house right-wing sites you guys must love to visit. You only post them here because you love to piss off, or show-up FORD, that's not what this forum is about. I thought it was about discussion. I know it used to be. And BigBLUNDER, you're the king of whining...If you're not crying and starting threads about FORD's alleged biases (after you bait him like a little school girl trying to get her teacher in trouble), you're tearing up over "blatant personal attacks" laid on you by LOUNGE or moi.

Originally posted by Warham
    Never stopped you guys from posting ten or more threads on George Bush at one time.
    Those were issue related, DEAN has nothing to do with the shitty economy, the war gone sour, and the continual erosion of our civil liberties. Anyways, BUSH is the CEO of the country, DEAN is just the chair of the opposition. His comments really mean nothing, but he must be doing something right if he's getting this much attention from you guys.

Builder of Sites
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    DEAN 'shooting his mouth off' is a non-issue that's invented by your little clearing house right-wing sites you guys must love to visit. You only post them here because you love to piss off, or show-up FORD, that's not what this forum is about. I thought it was about discussion. I know it used to be. And BigBLUNDER, you're the king of whining...If you're not crying and starting threads about FORD's alleged biases (after you bait him like a little school girl trying to get her teacher in trouble), you're tearing up over "blatant personal attacks" laid on you by LOUNGE or moi.

Nicely put, Nick.

"Blatant personal attacks"? That would be hysterical coming from Brie, considering his penchant for personal attacks himself

FORD is a lightning rod in here, and I think it's great. Imagine the Neo-Con spamfest this place would become if Brie were allowed to Mod.

Builder of Sites
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

DEAN has nothing to do with the shitty economy, the war gone sour, and the continual erosion of our civil liberties. Anyways, BUSH is the CEO of the country, DEAN is just the chair of the opposition. His comments really mean nothing, but he must be doing something right if he's getting this much attention from you guys.

It's a nice diversion from the REALITY that this administration has managed to clusterfuck EVERYTHING they put their greedy little hands on.

We had the WORLD behind us after 9/11.

There IS NO "homeland security"

There IS NO "war on terror"

There IS NO "act" that signifies "patriotism"

There ARE however, fake journalists, planted stories, and trampling of civil rights.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Those were issue related, DEAN has nothing to do with the shitty economy, the war gone sour, and the continual erosion of our civil liberties. Anyways, BUSH is the CEO of the country, DEAN is just the chair of the opposition. His comments really mean nothing, but he must be doing something right if he's getting this much attention from you guys. [/B]
    The economy isn't shitty. Alan Greenspan said it was doing pretty well...or is he a BCE operative?

The fact is, Dean is getting attention from liberals like Nanci Pelosi, Joe Biden and John Edwards. We are just here to pass the info on and comment on it.

You guys like to make fun of Bush's ineloquent speech. Well, we can make fun of Howie's inane comments about 'white Christians'.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    It's a nice diversion from the REALITY that this administration has managed to clusterfuck EVERYTHING they put their greedy little hands on.

We had the WORLD behind us after 9/11.

There IS NO "homeland security"

There IS NO "war on terror"

There IS NO "act" that signifies "patriotism"

There ARE however, fake journalists, planted stories, and trampling of civil rights.
    Fake journalists? Dan Rather comes to mind.

Builder of Sites
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Fake journalists? Dan Rather comes to mind.
    Really?

Any Others "come to mind" ???????

Armstrong Williams or Jimmy/Jeff Guckert/Gannon

you're unbelievable

Let me guess.....you're an "independent" too

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The economy isn't shitty. Alan Greenspan said it was doing pretty well...or is he a BCE operative?

The fact is, Dean is getting attention from liberals like Nanci Pelosi, Joe Biden and John Edwards. We are just here to pass the info on and comment on it.

You guys like to make fun of Bush's ineloquent speech. Well, we can make fun of Howie's inane comments about 'white Christians'.
    Please don't refer to Joe Biden or Nancy Pelosi as "liberals" again, as they are neo-conservative fascists. And Edwards is a right leaning moderate even on his best days.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Nancy Pelosi is 100% grade A liberal.

Running with myself
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Nancy Pelosi is 100% grade A liberal.
    And I lead the church choir every Sunday.
    Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Quote Originally Posted by Sockfucker View Post
    I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Lucifer was probably a really good singer at one time.

Got it bad...
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Try spell check and puncuation first.

Don't fear them.

And you're about as "independent" as Sean Hannity

Grade school? How will I ever recover from that one?

I have voted for Republicans and Democrats in the same election many times. Just because the Democrats have become overrun with liberal whiny bitches doesn't mean I can't see their point of view on some things.

All you got to complain about is some grammar and punctuation errors? Your life must really suck to let it get you so worked up about it.

Got it bad...
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Those were issue related, DEAN has nothing to do with the shitty economy, the war gone sour, and the continual erosion of our civil liberties. Anyways, BUSH is the CEO of the country, DEAN is just the chair of the opposition. His comments really mean nothing, but he must be doing something right if he's getting this much attention from you guys.

Non issue? He's the lightning rod of the DNC and he's all over the news with these comments. (Not just FOX before you even start) FORD posts Dean threads himself to promote him, so saying BBB shouldn't be posting them either is kinda hypocritical.

If FORD wants to promote Dean as much as he does, Dean's mistakes can't be dismissed as irrelevant. He's pissing some Democrats off as well, which can't be good for the party as a whole. Moving to the hard left is going to be a huge disaster for the Democrats. All he's doing is setting up Hillary to come in and "save the party".

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Let's just sweep Dean's comments under the rug, shall we?

He's not important...I mean, he's just the DNC Chair, a meaningless position, right?

Got it bad...
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Of course, threads about a girl in Austrailia going to jail for pot in Indonesia are completely relevant to American politics.

Professional Smartass
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Let's just sweep Dean's comments under the rug, shall we?

He's not important...I mean, he's just the DNC Chair, a meaningless position, right?
    Historically it's been pretty meaningless. I mean, to this day I have no idea what former DNC chair Terry McAuliffe looks like, let alone his background.

Dean is taking this to a whole new level. Some like it, but most do not.
    ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
    Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Non issue? He's the lightning rod of the DNC and he's all over the news with these comments. (Not just FOX before you even start) FORD posts Dean threads himself to promote him, so saying BBB shouldn't be posting them either is kinda hypocritical.
    Okay, "non issue" was a poor choice of words on my part. I heard it on NPR as a matter of fact and will provide the link when it comes up.

But I NEVER SAID BBB shouldn't post them, just that we don't need a fucking new thread on every different take (BIDEON, EDWARDS...) on what is essentially the same story. Put them all in the same thread and sticky it, I don't care. I never meant the story isn't there, just that we don't need a different thread for every article on it which is meant solely to piss off FORD and to hence expose his "Liberal bias" when he closes them.

If FORD wants to promote Dean as much as he does, Dean's mistakes can't be dismissed as irrelevant. He's pissing some Democrats off as well, which can't be good for the party as a whole. Moving to the hard left is going to be a huge disaster for the Democrats. All he's doing is setting up Hillary to come in and "save the party".
    As I already stated, I have no problem with DEAN's mistakes being posted, just a new thread a day on what is essentially ONE ongoing story!

And actually, the DEMOCRATS are now universally rallying around him just because of all of this excitment over his comments and of some prominent DEM. leaders reactions to his statements

BTW, as an "Independent," shouldn't you be attacking Karl ROVE as well? Oh no, we would never criticize a Republocan't.
    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 06-10-2005 at 06:56 PM.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Karl Rove doesn't make idiotic statements out in public. Big difference.

And I thought you were a Republocan't, Nick? Let's just be up front and honest, and say you are a liberal. Speaking of which, why is it so hard for liberals to admit they are liberals? I remember John Kerry having a hard time admitting that last year. There must be some public perception about liberals...
    Last edited by Warham; 06-10-2005 at 06:57 PM.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Of course, threads about a girl in Austrailia going to jail for pot in Indonesia are completely relevant to American politics.
    One fucking thread compared to five on the same topic? Some of us lack your narcissistic, inward world view...

BTW, we have many AUSTRALIANS that are regular contributors to this board and this forum. I would pity the day it only becomes solely about BBB's partisan ramblings...

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Karl Rove doesn't make idiotic statements out in public. Big difference.

And I thought you were a Republocan't, Nick? Let's just be up front and honest, and say you are a liberal. Speaking of which, why is it so hard for liberals to admit they are liberals? I remember John Kerry having a hard time admitting that last year. There must be some public perception about liberals...
    No, he just uses little front hate groups to defame his opponents:

From: http://www.boston.com/news/politics/...mear_campaign/

It didn't take much research to turn up a seemingly innocuous fact about the McCains: John and his wife, Cindy, have an adopted daughter named Bridget. Cindy found Bridget at Mother Theresa's orphanage in Bangladesh, brought her to the United States for medical treatment, and the family ultimately adopted her. Bridget has dark skin.

Anonymous opponents used "push polling" to suggest that McCain's Bangladeshi born daughter was his own, illegitimate black child. In push polling, a voter gets a call, ostensibly from a polling company, asking which candidate the voter supports. In this case, if the "pollster" determined that the person was a McCain supporter, he made statements designed to create doubt about the senator.

Thus, the "pollsters" asked McCain supporters if they would be more or less likely to vote for McCain if they knew he had fathered an illegitimate child who was black. In the conservative, race-conscious South, that's not a minor charge. We had no idea who made the phone calls, who paid for them, or how many calls were made. Effective and anonymous: the perfect smear campaign.

Builder of Sites
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

All you got to complain about is some grammar and punctuation errors? Your life must really suck to let it get you so worked up about it.

Who's worked up?

Not me.

I just take those things into consideration when someone tries to tell me what's right or wrong.

I give you very little credit.

At least Warham and Brie are intelligent. You're just a fucking dolt.

Professional Smartass
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I give you very little credit.

At least Warham and Brie are intelligent. You're just a fucking dolt.

I've met diamondD before and he's far from a dolt...

He's on the wrong side of the fence politically but he's a cool dude. I heard he got a 1200 on his SAT's too. But I heard a rumor that he hired a little Japanese boy to take the test for him, so take it with a grain of salt.

Thread Information