Thread: Was Brian Jones of The Rolling Stones murdered by Mick or Keef?

Loons The Great

Question Was Brian Jones of The Rolling Stones murdered by Mick or Keef?

I heard that Bob Dylan told Brian Jones that he had a contract out on him...wella...wella...wella...

SHEEP PEN Yahweh
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I wouldn't be surprised if it was Bill Wyman behind all this.

Sniper

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Yeah, Bill was always kind of the weird one....

ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    He was Murdered by Mr.White Horse

∞ SHEEP PEN GYPSY
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    They might as well have! HE formed the Stones, along with Charlie.
    I've even heard that BROWN SUGAR is his riff & that his DAD was PISSED at KEEF until his dying day.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    None of the above. Brian Jones actually had an epilectic seizure while swimming in his pool. After the seizure, he was unable to swim. Unfortunately nobody else was there at the time, and he drowned.

Of course he had done so much damage to his body after several years of hard drugs and alcohol abuse that he might not have lived to 30 anyway.

Mick and Keith's contribution to his death was indirect at most. Brian considered himself the "leader" of the Stones, and in the club days it was true to some extent. But once the band began relying on their own material, and the Jagger/Richards songwriting team emerged as the driving force of the band, Brian's relevance was in question, even to himself. So he buried himself in chemicals. Losing his girlfriend to Keith and then being kicked out of the Stones just weeks before his death had to be the very definition of "hitting bottom".

Bill Wyman wrote in his book "Stone Alone" that Brian actually DID get a wake up call when he was fired from the Stones, and that in his last days, he was happy, sober, and talking about new musical projects, which is why Wyman doesn't believe Brian played any intentional part in his own death.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

FROGALLIC
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Brian Jones founded the Rolling Stones. He said so at the Sullivan Show in 1965, Mick and Keith were around him, as well as Charlie and Bill: none of them had any objection to that.

Rumours about a contract have spread since July 3rd 1969, mostly concerning Brian's gardener. Nothing has ever been proved. The most plausible is Brian was just too stoned again, but it was one time too many.

Bill Wyman said Brian called him and Charlie about his projects (putting together a Creedence-like band, with... John Lennon - it might have been wishful thinking though - he even told him about rehearsals that had already started).
    Charlie and Bill were the only Stones who were at Brian's funeral.

Anyway, he had had it since 1968, as you can see in Jean-Luc Godard's "One plus one", shot during the Beggars Banquet sessions: Brian had become a wreck.
    In December, at the "Rock and roll Circus", he still could play (his slide on "No expectations"), but a few close ups on his face during "You can't always get what you want" and "Sympathy for the devil" are eloquent...

A contract out on him sounds like a contract out on a condemned man.
    posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
    posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

SHEEP PEN Yahweh
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by FORD
    None of the above. Brian Jones actually had an epilectic seizure while swimming in his pool. After the seizure, he was unable to swim. Unfortunately nobody else was there at the time, and he drowned.

Of course he had done so much damage to his body after several years of hard drugs and alcohol abuse that he might not have lived to 30 anyway.

Mick and Keith's contribution to his death was indirect at most. Brian considered himself the "leader" of the Stones, and in the club days it was true to some extent. But once the band began relying on their own material, and the Jagger/Richards songwriting team emerged as the driving force of the band, Brian's relevance was in question, even to himself. So he buried himself in chemicals. Losing his girlfriend to Keith and then being kicked out of the Stones just weeks before his death had to be the very definition of "hitting bottom".

Bill Wyman wrote in his book "Stone Alone" that Brian actually DID get a wake up call when he was fired from the Stones, and that in his last days, he was happy, sober, and talking about new musical projects, which is why Wyman doesn't believe Brian played any intentional part in his own death.
    You're wrong. It was Wyman. Why else would he be eager to cast blame on, of all things, "an epilecptic seizure"? It's not like Mr. Epilepsy can say anything in response to this vicious attack, is it?

Disgusting. I'm glad that Wyman has been exposed as the source behind the Downing Street Memos. Bastard.

(Nice riff for Jack Flash, though)

FROGALLIC
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by academic punk
    You're wrong. It was Wyman. Why else would he be eager to cast blame on, of all things, "an epilecptic seizure"? It's not like Mr. Epilepsy can say anything in response to this vicious attack, is it?

Disgusting. I'm glad that Wyman has been exposed as the source behind the Downing Street Memos. Bastard.

(Nice riff for Jack Flash, though)
    It's strange, AP. Why do you insist so much on good Bill's case?

Downtown Suzie was cool too IMO.

I saw him last year in the end of June in Paris at the Olympia with his Rhythm Kings, it was great, even if it was much of Grand Pa's swinging rock 'n' roll... Mike Sanchez and Bev Skeete on vocals, Albert Lee on guitar... Good times!

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Nah. At best, Jones may have had his head dunked underwater too long by one of his guests in a moment of tomfoolery.

Why would Mick and Keith have to bother with killing Jones? By the time he died, they had already taken everything from him. Keith stole his girl, and they had ejected him from the Stones.

Plus, Mick has always been half-a-fag anyway, and murder just doesn't sit well with his overall poofery. Keith likes to act like he's some kinda bad-ass, but he's just a longterm drunk ex-junkie. Too indulged to bother putting a hit out on someone.
    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Loons The Great
    I once read that,"Ballad of a Thin Man," was written about Dylan's concern for Brian's safety. And John Lennon mentioned Dylan's Mr. Jones in,"Yer Blues." Brian has been quoted as saying that his new band after the Stones was going to combine trad jazz, rhythm and blues, gospel, and Moroccan music.

SHEEP PEN Yahweh
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Loons The Great
    I once read that,"Ballad of a Thin Man," was written about Dylan's concern for Brian's safety. And John Lennon mentioned Dylan's Mr. Jones in,"Yer Blues." Brian has been quoted as saying that his new band after the Stones was going to combine trad jazz, rhythm and blues, gospel, and Moroccan music.

"Ballad of a Thin Man" was written about rock journalists. You can see it in the documnetary Don't Look Back, where they are all asking him these idiotic, "deep" questions, and he's laughing out the side of his mouth.

"Rollin' Stone" however, Dyaln once told an audience WAS written for Brian.

And didn't Frank Thorogood make a deathbed confession that he was the one who killed Jones?

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    supossedly neither.............according to what i have read/studied about the stones.......he OD'ed on liquor and "other" stuff and drowned in the pool................

exactly how he got in the pool is still a mystery............but Keef and Kick had/have alabis........how good were they ?? i dunno..........

rolling stones documentary i saw.........

SHEEP PEN Yahweh
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by hollywood5150

exactly how he got in the pool is still a mystery............but Keef and Kick had/have alabis........how good were they ?? i dunno..........

Their alibi was they were in the studio. And they were. They at the time were recrding a cover of Stevie Wonder's "I DOn't know Why I Love You", sporting a fucking AMAZING solo by Mick Taylor, and a great vocal by Mick.

Loons The Great

Talking

Originally posted by academic punk
    You can see it in the documnetary Don't Look Back, where they are all asking him these idiotic, "deep" questions, and he's laughing out the side of his mouth.
    I dig it when Dylan sings,"Lost Highway," in Don't Look Back.

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I heard there was some cuntsruction workers working @ his house the day they found him in the drink.....and some geetars came up missing.

Who knows?

Keef said that the only dude that ever hit him and lived to tell about it was Chuck Berry.

I personally think Sonny Barger & co. gave 'em a free pass instead of shelter.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by rustoffa
    I heard there was some cuntsruction workers working @ his house the day they found him in the drink.....and some geetars came up missing.

Who knows?

Keef said that the only dude that ever hit him and lived to tell about it was Chuck Berry.

I personally think Sonny Barger & co. gave 'em a free pass instead of shelter.
    'Keef' looked pretty pathetic at Altamont, shaking his limp wrist at the Angels in the crowd, going, "If that cat doesn't stop it, man..." Dig his guitar work, but his whole bad-ass routine always wore thin. Nowadays even more so, where he's reduced to rehashing stories about when he was fucked up on drugs, same as Tyler and Perry of Aerosmith.

Loons The Great
    Evah notice how much Brian Jones and the drummer for The Byrds look alike??

Loons The Great

Arrow

How much do y'all think Brian contributed to the Stones sound since he founded the group an' all and pushed to keep the blues sound 'round nah nah...well well well...

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Loons The Great
    How much do y'all think Brian contributed to the Stones sound since he founded the group an' all and pushed to keep the blues sound 'round nah nah...well well well...
    Before he became hopelessly wasted, he was THE most talented musician in the group. He wound up on the outs with the Glimmer Twins™....this caused him to get even more wasted.

I think the gritty nature of Beggars Banquet was the last straw.

All he could muster up for Let It Bleed was a few bongo taps.....the fat lady was singin' and cleanin' the pool @ that point.

Loons The Great
    Great post, Bozz, I remember reading that the only tune on BB he liked was Stray Cat Blues...a great cut indeed...

Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    the quiet one, Charlie watts

Thread Information