X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

"Eat Thy Neighbor"

Firstly, is it really true that David LEE ROTH wrote lyrics and the harmonies for what became "Summer Nights" on VAN HAGAR's 5150?

Does anybody have this? Is there a bootleg version circulating?

And what about the other tracks DAVE co-wrote for what ultimately became VAN HAGAR's first in a series of declining efforts?
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Well, http://classicvanhalen.com/unreleased.shtml has some info on it, but no actual song...

Comment

• Brett
      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

The "rumor" is that "Eat Thy Neighbor" was "Summer' Nights'" music, but that's never been confirmed.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Brett
        The "rumor" is that "Eat Thy Neighbor" was "Summer' Nights'" music, but that's never been confirmed.
        Oh, that what I meant. I have to clarify here....DAVE had input into VH music, not just the lyrics; the implication is that his vocal harmonies were lifted by SAM as he replaced the lyrics to maintain some sort of continuity between CVH and VHAGAR.

Comment

• Brett
          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I've never heard that. Most I've heard is that Ed played a demo for Sam who sang right over with all the basic melodies and exact lyrics the song ended it up with right out of the box.

Those melodies don't sound very Dave to me though.

Comment

Working...