Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    underrated and underbought
    Roth Army Icon
    First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

...and lovin'it !
    Groupie
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    It's a great album with all kinds of different things to enjoy at different parts of different moments. I just don't dig the art cover.

Nir - VAN - a
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by purefuckinrock!
    It's a great album with all kinds of different things to enjoy at different parts of different moments. I just don't dig the art cover.
    Yeah...it is a bland cover for a Dave album.

The artwork inside is cool though.

...and lovin'it !
    Groupie
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Yeah, you got a point.

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Big Fat Sammy
    The artwork inside is cool though.
    you can bet yo' ass

and it looks great if you mix it with the ALAE devil

Loons The Great
    I kno' the night light ain' no good life, but it's my life...

Nir - VAN - a
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    They all just dreamin'...'bout some ol' used to be.....

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
    you can bet yo' ass

and it looks great if you mix it with the ALAE devil
    I still love it

Nir - VAN - a
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I still love it
    Heard about it...haven't seen it till now.

SWEET!

Uncensored
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    YFLM Was A Milestone,How Bout That?

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Heard about it...haven't seen it till now.

SWEET!
    it is...

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by mewisemagic
    keep'em coming!

Uncensored
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    keep'em coming!
    LMAO...

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by mewisemagic
    this is a five star post anyway

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    YFLM.....Fantastic Mix from DLR........shows his diversity (JAZZ/BLUES/ROCK and spice it up DLR style as no one can). "Sunburn', "Experience".......some amazing co-writing of DLR w/Terry Kilgore.

Anyone who is a true die-hard DLR fan would be eager to get this album without needing to test drive it first, if you know what I mean. The content is pure DLR at his finest. His albums reflect his personality and once you hear them....you get it .... that simple. I suppose this is why I put DLR in such high regard......he's a genius and he doesn't put music out there for commercial impact....he puts out what he's feeling...isn't that what a true artist does anyway? He's passionate about his art, which is why he's not out there raping the public with concert tours that cost us our entire salary to hear him and his music! ROTH, ROLL & SOUL, Diamond Dave !!!
    "Meet us in the Future.....NOT the Pasture".......DLR, August '07, VH Press Conference - Tour '07-'08

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by bantonelli
    YFLM.....Fantastic Mix from DLR........shows his diversity (JAZZ/BLUES/ROCK and spice it up DLR style as no one can). "Sunburn', "Experience".......some amazing co-writing of DLR w/Terry Kilgore.

Anyone who is a true die-hard DLR fan would be eager to get this album without needing to test drive it first, if you know what I mean. The content is pure DLR at his finest. His albums reflect his personality and once you hear them....you get it .... that simple. I suppose this is why I put DLR in such high regard......he's a genius and he doesn't put music out there for commercial impact....he puts out what he's feeling...isn't that what a true artist does anyway? He's passionate about his art, which is why he's not out there raping the public with concert tours that cost us our entire salary to hear him and his music! ROTH, ROLL & SOUL, Diamond Dave !!!
    so may I be the one to give you the first big 5

LIFOYNSEAE
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by zeronumber
    Well, I'm going to have to be a huge dick on this one, because, quite frankly, I thought that albulm sucked.

Don't get me wrong, there were a couple of gems, but let's face it the classic forumla of CVH or EEAS wasn't bad, so then why try to move from it.

It wasn't garbage, It wasn't the worse record I ever heard, but frankly for the style one is usually accostom to to listen to when hearing DLR, it's just...well...too different.

I guess in a "Jazz" sence, being that different, is what makes it so great. But in a regular, casual listerner sense, there is nothing you can say that can really justify the record for being one of the better efforts by DLR. I still think DLR band should take that title.

Just my two cents anywho.
    You don't have a fucking clue!!!! You must be afraid of change, that's why you listen to Sammy Hagar regurgitate the same soppy love ballads. I've been following Sammy closely, I know what he's about, and he's shown no growth as a human being since the early 80's, and that's being nice to the guy. So Dave changed on ya and you missed the boat. I couldn't give a fuck about macho-ballso-metal. He's one guy who can say, "I don't ned no fucking guitar shredding to make me look cool." YFLM proves this, and I guess it was Dave's subtle way of weining out the fake fans, the ones who really don't believe. At least he has credibility in my eyes.
    So what you need to do is shut off your mind, in a quiet room, and surrender to his voice. You will never come back!!!

Originally posted by bantonelli

Anyone who is a true die-hard DLR fan would be eager to get this album without needing to test drive it first, if you know what I mean. The content is pure DLR at his finest. His albums reflect his personality and once you hear them....you get it .... that simple.
    OMG dude you said it best. If you understand the attitude that Van Halen had, the attitude to life that Dave has, you get it right away. You can just hear it in his voice. This guy is alive!!
    I'm very proud of what was that band and what was that show and what it did mean to people. It disgusts me that it has turned into the complete opposite. That it now represents everything that I spoke against, that we suppoesedly represented the converse of. I don't want to have to remember that the team turned into that. Makes me question what the team was while I was a member. Was it all bullshit? If nothing else, it confirms in my mind that from my standpoint - yours truly, David Lee - not a fraction. If nothing else, this kind of morbid, wounded animal anger aimed my way has caused me to look deep into that bathroom mirror and come back to you with "my shit was legit." It was for real. And perhaps the test is time. Because here I am, a decade and a half later, haven't changed much. I look a little different, but not much. My sense of humour is about the same.

Nir - VAN - a
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    And another five to the new guys!

Audio...your fav is No Big Ting ...thats a first around here, I do believe.

Nir - VAN - a
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Damn...your bands website and bio is funny! You guys wearing wigs?

I will check out the tunes later when I get on the real computer.

LIFOYNSEAE
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Damn...your bands website and bio is funny! You guys wearing wigs?

I will check out the tunes later when I get on the real computer.
    Haha man, I think you'll be utterly dissapointed. The band was for real...kinda...but it ended up being a little bit of a joke, hence the website, and yes they are wigs!!! We were heavily into the booze, and quite frankly I hated the whole Poison get up. But the people loved the shows we put on.
    Covers we did were Aint talkin' 'bout love, Ice Cream Man - VH, Poison - Alice Cooper, Walk This Way - Aerosmith, Unskinny Bop & Every Rose - Poison, Crazy Train - Ozzy.
    So there was a bit of cheese just to keep the regular fans happy, and our originals were over-the-top ultra-beginner tunes. But for me it was a blast, and I learned a hellova lot.

And what I learned at uni was...price of an education.....

Thanks dude, I hope you get some chuckles out of it.

Nir - VAN - a
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Was Uni the name of the rehab?

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    bump

Loons The Great
    This album is better than all that grunge crappola in the 90's. Grunge killed Poison, dudes. Hair metal kicks grunge's lil' whiny ass any day, man. Them grungers should have kept on cuttin' down pine trees and shit.

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Loons The Great
    This album is better than all that grunge crappola in the 90's. Grunge killed Poison, dudes. Hair metal kicks grunge's lil' whiny ass any day, man. Them grungers should have kept on cuttin' down pine trees and shit.
    that's it, that's it...I heard a RAMMS+EIN song in a club yesterday...good riff, good song but in the middle I thought WTF there should be a guitar hero with a cool solo now...grunge also killed the guitar gods...

Drop and give me ten!
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I played the crap out of that Cd in 1994 when it came out, and it's a good one. I really have no played it since like 1997, I may give it a spin here soon.
    http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/8...19yc8872wu.jpg

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5...0269il5.th.jpg

Originally posted by fuckhowardstern - dude - you sounded cool as a cucumber - totally relaxed and spoke with authority - must say I was a bit surprised but you sounded really at ease - super cool-like.

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra - nate, you are the fucking attention whore of the day and you DESERVE it

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise - BTW, bravo NATE! Soon Dave will mention the Army by himself!

Originally posted by franksters Have you heard Nate properly, We now moved up to an ''Organisation'' Awesome man!!
    Roth army....more than an army....it's a gr8 Organization!!

Originally posted by Northern Girl
    Nate, so cool. I'm listening to the Dallas feed, so it'll be coming up in a while. Can't wait!

Loons The Great
    I listened to this cd a few moons ago an' it was soundin' stellar. I hope one day soon a tune from this record will be included on a cool movie soundtrack, thereby leading to the re-discovery of this fine album...sho' 'nuff...

When You Tell The Truth
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    This album kills!!!! Great follow up to ALAE!!! Two of my Dave faves!!

LIFOYNSEAE
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    So what the hell does Dave say in that remix part of Street life, night life, yo breathin it??? Ya know, as the solo starts? And what does the rastafarian say in the intro???
    If anyone knows, please post.

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I saw the YFLM thread and thought 'audiospectrum has to have poked his nose in here', an lo and behold here you are riding to the rescue of DLR's artistic intergrity as if he he needed it, I LOVE IT !!!!!

Praps for some people the instrumentation is of great importance and THATS why some people feel YFLM lacks a little. Not saying i dont like the album, just playing the devils advocate.

LIFOYNSEAE
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by doctor roth
    I saw the YFLM thread and thought 'audiospectrum has to have poked his nose in here', an lo and behold here you are riding to the rescue of DLR's artistic intergrity as if he he needed it, I LOVE IT !!!!!

Praps for some people the instrumentation is of great importance and THATS why some people feel YFLM lacks a little. Not saying i dont like the album, just playing the devils advocate.
    haha, nose, no pun intended!! You bastard. You can push all the buttons you want but you'll never get it. Music is about soul, the whole package. If the instruments are lacking in quality then you aren't hearing it right. Your filthy little ears should transcend all instruments, including vocals, and just hear the music for what it is, and judge it as if all the notes have been splattered on a canvas. There is such a thing as being too technical, and this album when heard right, is uplifting to the point of nirvana. Oh yeah I said it!! I felt it last week at 4:00pmish. For all the rough treatment it has got from criticts as well as our own army members, it has made a SIGNIFICANT difference to my life and to the way I approach and live it, which is all that really matters. I can't do any more than that.
    Look it's not a personal attack because I know that you understand what I'm saying Doc. I just notice that people are always looking to cut it up and look at it in parts, finding the weaknesses, when really we should all be listening to the music as if all the sounds were one. Of course it takes many PARTS to make the whole, but I'm sure the intention of the band and most decent bands in this world for that fact, they all focus on the finished product and want you to hear it as one. That's why I love Van Halen so much. Only those four guys could ever be Van Halen. But that's another tangent.
    Bottom line, this album is fucking gold, anyone who is anybody just has to experience it. You may not get it at first due to your own concieved ideas in your brain, but give it a chance, and slowly you'll find yourself being pulled into the experience, slowly slowly you'll start to let go and pretty soon the music will be leading you, taking you to places you've never been.

Thread Information