Thread: Story is begging for the army treatment....

Up yours, Will.
    Foot Soldier

Member No
    Last Online
    08-08-2006 @ 07:49 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Story is begging for the army treatment....

http://www.dnj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...507020302/1002

Bull-headed cow gets noggin stuck in tree

By ALAN YARBROUGH
    DNJ Staff Writer
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Photo courtesy of John Brunner

Lascassas veterinarian John Brunner had to use lubricant and tractor power to pull this cow's head free from a tree in nearby Milton, but not before he photographed the bizarre sight for posterity.

Imagine driving down a relaxing country road, only to see a 700-pound heifer's backside sticking out of a oak tree with its head stuck inside a narrow, hollow opening.

For Milton resident and cow owner Jerry Hughes that's exactly what his neighbor Shane Davenport saw three weeks ago while driving down Milton Road.

"When I first saw it, I caught a glimpse of it, but I didn't think much of it," Davenport said. "Then I drove back again, slowed down and, sure enough, the cow was still there. It was one of the strangest things I have ever seen."

As any good neighbor would do, he contacted Hughes and told him the cow either wanted to have its head in the tree or it was stuck. Hughes knew it was stuck and five minutes later started to try and rescue the cow with a rope.

After about an hour and a half of attempting to get the female cow to lower its head into a larger opening without success, Hughes finally called Lascassas veterinarian John Brunner.

"I was astounded, that's the reason why I grabbed the camera," said Brunner, who runs Noah's Friends Inc., a veterinary service for large and small animals.

Once Brunner made it to the site, the cow had already been in the tree for approximately two hours, but was surprisingly still calm.

"She had been there so long, I guess she had resigned herself to being there," he said.

After taking pictures of the unusual occurrence, which he only developed this week, Brunner started to earn his $80 rescue fee.

"What I did was put a tie on her, which paralyzes the cow," he said. "I was able to push her head down a little bit. They don't move a whole lot when the hitch is around them."

He used a burley-half hitch, which has one loop of rope around the neck, another loop just behind the front legs and one more loop in front of the rear legs. Moreover, mineral oil was applied to the tree and to the cow's head to lessen the tension it would feel when a tractor pulled it out.

"Even pulling with the tractor, it wasn't going to come without toggling," Brunner said.

Finally at 10:30 p.m. — after 20 minutes of pulling — the cow's three-hour ordeal was over with only a scrape on the back of its ear and no other apparent injuries.

"It's a nosey animal," said Hughes, about why the cow got stuck. "Maybe she saw a squirrel."

Even though the incident was surprising to Hughes, it wasn't the first time he has seen a cow get stuck in a tree. Around 15 years ago he rescued a cow from a forked tree. But he was able to cut down the tree to save it, an option he didn't have this time around because he didn't want to risk injury to the animal.

To make sure there won't be a repeat incident, Hughes and Brunner put logs in the hole so the cow won't have any more temptation to put its head in the tree.

"It probably won't happen again in a million years," Brunner said.

Originally published July 2, 2005
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Teenage Douchebag
    Sniper

Member No
    Last Online
    12-24-2005 @ 10:55 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I thought this post was gonna be about a necrophiliac who got his dick stuck in a corpse.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Atomic Jerk
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    09-12-2020 @ 06:51 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by The Scatologist
    I thought this post was gonna be about a necrophiliac who got his dick stuck in a corpse.
    that was last week

Thanks forthe dream.- DLR
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    08-19-2021 @ 12:39 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Re: Story is begging for the army treatment....

Originally posted by classicdude

Imagine driving down a relaxing country road, only to see a 700-pound heifer's backside sticking out of a oak tree with its head stuck inside a narrow, hollow opening.

No comment.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:16 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,504 Times in 1,615 Posts

so where's the picture?

Builder of Sites
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    02-08-2016 @ 02:28 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,705 Times in 2,513 Posts

Re: Story is begging for the army treatment....

Originally posted by classicdude

Joe Thunder would call that " A Sure Thing "

and then brag about banging it

Thread Information