Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by m4dm4x View Post
    Marshall studio 15, aka 4001
    Amen to that brotha..took me 2 years to find one..and i ain't ever selling it
    Got a Frankenstrat for sale..PM if you are interested. BUT..it's not cheap. Be warned..

Comment

The Carvin stock, is a tone-filtered noisey mess of an amp.

Vai and Zappa wouldn't use them stock! And they didn't.

Comment

my gallery of greats would include a couple solid-states, but that's another thead altogether.

My first amp: Harmony 300.. 12BH7A (awesome little output tube), 50C5 and a little 35W4 rectifier tube. Super simple, 6 inch speaker, Made in Japan in the 60s and there's tons of em around

Comment

Marshall Super Lead/Plexi. #1 in my book. There are a lot of amps I like, such as the Marshall 6100 LSM, JSX (my current amp), JCM 800 2210, etc. But the Plexi is the shit
          This space for rent.

Comment

Hard to beat a Marshall Triple Super Lead for crunch and balls.
            For pure tone, its gotta be a Fender Twin Reverb, blackface, or a Fender Super Reverb. Also dig the Vibrolux.
            EAT US AND SMILE!
            LOOK WHO'S BACK IN CIRCULATION!
            DAMAGE INC!

Comment

I have two Marshall heads, a JMP and an 800 both severely modded.

Fuck stock amps! I'll be adding two more stock Marshall heads, just running as slaves to the other two, but not for tone.

The Twin and Super are basic classics, though. They recorded probably 80 percent of American radio hits, but it was the British amps that changed the world.

My wish list currently is for a set of 4 heads from either Reeves or Fryette.

Reeves is like a modern Hiwatt, and a Fryette is the former VHT engineer Steve Fryette in Burbank who makes a mutha of a Hiwatt on steroids.. both botique, both handwired but the Fryette has a few more options like better channel switching.

If you run four heads, chaining the switching is a vital and welcome option.

Comment

Twins and Supers plus a tube screamer equals SRV sound!
                No probs with the british amps. I love the VOX AC 30, and Marshall 900, Marshall Bluesbreaker, Bad Cats, Orange, and Laney. Hiwatts are a nice amp as are the original Kustom Tuck and Roll amps. For my money, its either Fender or Marshall.
                EAT US AND SMILE!
                LOOK WHO'S BACK IN CIRCULATION!
                DAMAGE INC!

Comment

oooooo... LAY-nee..

::auggghgggg..agggghggagaagaaaggggg::

Comment

Lay.. nee..

Comment

Laney GH50L.

Shit, if it worked for Paul Gilbert...
                      Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                      It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

Originally posted by GAR View Post
                        <

Lay.. nee..
                        I hate it when people say Ozzy could never sing...Especially Dio...

That performance nor this one is are hardly examples of Ozzy's best vocals, but the vibe of each clip is pure magic...puts chills on me...

And check out the bass during the solo...

Comment

As far as amps, I really like my Fender Deluxes, which I bought three of. Two have vintage 30's in them, but they really shine through a Marshall cab with greenbacks. They actually sound like a warm Super Lead...but I don't plug straight into them...I wonder what a modded one would sound like...

But the best stock amp I ever plugged into is a Fender Super Sonic...

Comment

Nothing beats my Laney GH50L!
                            I once in a while try out other tube-heads, but no amps get even close to my Laney... It suits my style perfectly! People laugh when they see my Laney on stage- but when i crank the monster up no one laughs anymore.
                            :-)

Comment

Hiwatt DR201, the 200 watter.. it had the best, most perfect guitar string tone ever.

I was going over one at Route66 Guitars in Pasadena years and years ago, Scott and I were looking at this thing wondering "wtf is it?" because there was no badge and no panel, it was bare.

All it said on the back was a tag "Hylite electronics" but wow.. I to this day still haven't heard such a pure amp..

I would like a DR201 for its clean channel, but would add a dirty to it. Maybe they could do it at Fryette

Comment

Originally posted by Gringo View Post
                                Nothing beats my Laney GH50L!
                                I once in a while try out other tube-heads, but no amps get even close to my Laney... It suits my style perfectly! People laugh when they see my Laney on stage- but when i crank the monster up no one laughs anymore.
                                :-)
                                Laney's kick major ass,no doubt...

Gringo, how the fuck are ya?

Originally posted by GAR View Post
                                Hiwatt DR201, the 200 watter.. it had the best, most perfect guitar string tone ever.

I was going over one at Route66 Guitars in Pasadena years and years ago, Scott and I were looking at this thing wondering "wtf is it?" because there was no badge and no panel, it was bare.

All it said on the back was a tag "Hylite electronics" but wow.. I to this day still haven't heard such a pure amp..

I would like a DR201 for its clean channel, but would add a dirty to it. Maybe they could do it at Fryette
                                Who is Scott? Your John!?
                                Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X