• Jahuli
    Head Fluffer
    • Jul 2005

Page, Clapton or Beck

whos best:?
    Jimmy page

Eric Clapton

Jeff Beck
    a:3:{i:2279;a:5:{s:12:"polloptionid";i:2279;s:6:"nodeid";s:5:"21738";s:5:"title";s:10:"Jimmy page";s:5:"votes";i:16;s:6:"voters";a:16:{i:0;s:4:"5688";i:1;s:5:"14756";i:2;s:5:"14329";i:3;s:4:"1068";i:4;s:4:"5813";i:5;s:5:"14612";i:6;s:1:"3";i:7;s:2:"24";i:8;s:5:"12680";i:9;s:4:"8292";i:10;s:4:"2949";i:11;s:4:"2299";i:12;s:3:"938";i:13;s:5:"10995";i:14;s:5:"14914";i:15;s:5:"12968";}}i:2280;a:5:{s:12:"polloptionid";i:2280;s:6:"nodeid";s:5:"21738";s:5:"title";s:12:"Eric clapton";s:5:"votes";i:1;s:6:"voters";a:1:{i:0;s:4:"7499";}}i:2281;a:5:{s:12:"polloptionid";i:2281;s:6:"nodeid";s:5:"21738";s:5:"title";s:9:"Jeff beck";s:5:"votes";i:7;s:6:"voters";a:7:{i:0;s:2:"20";i:1;s:3:"168";i:2;s:4:"9783";i:3;s:4:"8878";i:4;s:5:"12533";i:5;s:4:"6273";i:6;s:5:"10650";}}}
    0%
    http://www.audiorevolution.com/news/...vidleeroth.gif
    "Senorita, do you need a friend? I'm in love with you
    Catch as catch, catch as catch can"

http://corroded-halo.net/mightyboosh/ep6_1.jpg
    "High crime is on in the city of lights"

Kneel before Zod Kneel before Zod Kneel before Zod Kneel before Zod Kneel before Zod Kneel before Zod Kneel before Zod Kneel before Zod Kneel before Zod Kneel before Zod
  • Jahuli
    Head Fluffer
    • Jul 2005

Page Rules!!!!!!!!!
    http://www.audiorevolution.com/news/...vidleeroth.gif
    "Senorita, do you need a friend? I'm in love with you
    Catch as catch, catch as catch can"

http://corroded-halo.net/mightyboosh/ep6_1.jpg
    "High crime is on in the city of lights"

Kneel before Zod Kneel before Zod Kneel before Zod Kneel before Zod Kneel before Zod Kneel before Zod Kneel before Zod Kneel before Zod Kneel before Zod Kneel before Zod

Comment

• Matt White
      • Jun 2004

PAGE: BEST COMPOSER

BECK: BEST ALL AROUND GENIUS

CLAPTON: BEST SUIT

Comment

• hollywood5150
        Head Fluffer
        • Sep 2004

PAGE

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Jan 2004

Clapton best suit ?

LoL !

speech Eric, speech.......

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Jan 2004

Beck all the way.

Comment

• thome
              ROTH ARMY ELITE
              • Mar 2005

On any given day?
              Life time--- Clapton in my op.

Comment

• Last_Child
                Commando
                • Oct 2004

Jeff Beck fer Christ sake!
                "With a rate of fire of over 20 rounds per second, the IMI Micro Uzi is almost as fast as Yngwie Malmsteen, and 25.4 times more musical"

Worst of all... It's true..

Comment

• guitarboy5150
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Dec 2004

the only time ive seen beck play was in a music video with SRV and he was quite good...but not the best so i wouldnt have an opinion about him

i think tho that page is the best songwriter out of the three and clapton is BY FAR the best player out of all the three

Comment

• CVH Rulz
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Jun 2005

Who's to say who's the best.

You can only say who's your favorite.

PAGE!

Comment

• Roy Munson
                      Veteran
                      • Feb 2004

Jimmy any fucking day!!!
                      Originally posted by ELVIS
                      I guess you're right...

Comment

• Terry
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

Page, in terms of composition....least back when he was in Led Zep.

Beck, in terms of overall technique.

Clapton.........nope. Nothing there for me. Never was. Just 'cuz EVH says he loved Clapton doesn't mean anything to me. Some of the stuff he did with Cream live back in the day was decent, but NONE of it was anything that would make me say 'Clapton is God' (methinks EC spray-painted that himself)
                        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Sibly
                          Roth Army Recruit
                          • Jun 2005

I like Page's total body of work best of the group, and voted so.

Jeff Beck is the best pure player of the group, hands down. If you don't know him, go pick up the CD Guitar Shop, and go in either direction from there.

Clapton has failed to impress me since the Layla record (a must have, btw). Especially live. Very sterile and cold. I like feeling, thus my slant towards Page.
                          MP3 files suck. Lossless baby, lossless! Because no one likes to lose.

Comment

• BrownSound1
                            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                            • Mar 2003

Well Eric and Jimmy say Jeff is the best of three. My favorite is Page.

I like things about each one of those guys. Like Clapton or not, he did give us the rock staple of a Les Paul into a Marshall, and his early playing was pretty smoking.

Beck has the best dexterity of the group, and can play some whacked out shit, but he seems to lack the focus of Page or Clapton. Beck probably cares more about his cars than his guitars.

Jimmy is hands down the best songwriter and riff writer of the three. Jimmy is one of those players that has times when he is "on" and "off." Catch him when he's on, and very few guitarists can compete with him in terms of sheer power, catch him when he's off and it might be close to a train wreck.

Bottom line....I can't imagine what rock guitar might be like if it had not been for the Big Three. It is hard not to marvel at the contributions each made to the art of rock guitar. These guys charted new ground and techniques, and that is just something that doesn't happen every day. My hat off to 'em.

Comment

• Matt White
                              • Jun 2004

JIMMY PAGE is like WAGNER with a Les Paul & Marshall stack.

Comment

Working...