Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

Yeah...but Maddox didn't deserve that shit bro...he didn't perform last year...and you can say what you want about the line..but the guy folds when the wind blows the wrong way...

WARD...well...I agree with you about the whining...but dude...he's the fucking offense right now...he does it all...and if freakin' Maddox got upped for blowing chunks...Ward deserves a look too....blame the Steelers front office if you will...but they shoulda known it was coming...

As far as Maddox...oh...I agree...but if Roethlisberger looks good...and Maddox looks like he has in the past...well...it may be sooner than you think...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
      • Dec 2003

I agree, I think they should've upped the ante to Maddox last year and not have to worry about it....

Now did he deserve it ?? Well, looking at his stats the answer right off of the bat would be hell no, but let's consider the shitty O-line.... When you've got a bad O-line, you can't run, you can't pass-block, and you get knocked on your ass, especially if you're not mobile.... I think at least part of the fault needs to go to that aspect....

But now, they've set a precedence that Ward is bitching about....

He's underpaid, sure, but I wish that people would just live up to the contract they signed in the first place.... This renegotiation shit really pisses me off....
      Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• POJO_Risin
        Roth Army Caesar
        • Mar 2003

Look...I have no problem with the philosophy of living up to your contract...but when your boss shows you that if you whine (Maddox), you get paid...well...

and I knew you'd go with the line deal Va...but I'm going to generally assume that in your heart of hearts...you know that Maddox...good line or not...will fall faster than Kordell's pants in San Francisco during big games...he...like Kordell...has a propensity to throw to double coverage...and stare down receivers...he's slow...and he gets beat up...

I liked the Steelers old policy...fuck you...you signed the deal...that's what you'll live with...

they fucked up with Maddox...

What happened with Gildon? Who did he sign with?
        "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• SRK
          Roadie
          • Jan 2004

Gildon has not signed with anyone as of yet. I think the Steelers defence will be much improved WITH Dick LeBeau running things not to mention the speed in the secondary. Maybe the LBS can chase the Q B instead of trying to cover WRS.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
            Roth Army Caesar
            • Mar 2003

Well bro...the key will be the secondary...being fast is great...but can they cover will be the test...we'll see...

I think Polamaulu will be improved...he better be anyways...and I like their picks...

I'm just sick of listening to those fucking Offensive players whining...

You know it's freakin' bad when fucking Duce Staley is the quiet one on offense...

Welcome to the club SRK...this thread usually gets pretty good play throughout the year...

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
              and I knew you'd go with the line deal Va...but I'm going to generally assume that in your heart of hearts...you know that Maddox...good line or not...will fall faster than Kordell's pants in San Francisco during big games...he...like Kordell...has a propensity to throw to double coverage...and stare down receivers...he's slow...and he gets beat up...

What happened with Gildon? Who did he sign with?
              Wrong again, you must've been drinking the Lake Erie water again....

When the line was healthy, two years ago, he took the team to the AFC Championship.....And that's with a half-assed Bettis....

As for Gildon, last I heard he was visiting the Packers....

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                Roth Army Caesar
                • Mar 2003

Yeah...he did take them to the AFC championship game...and they coulda won that game...but I still think that big hit that nearly killed him affected him...

he flinches...and has since then...

Now...he has two receivers that are both whining and bitching...and a rb that...well...is a great runner...but isn't known for his strength in the locker room...

Need I remind you that homo Kordell took Pittsburgh to 2...yes...2 AFC championship games...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                  Roth Army Caesar
                  • Mar 2003

Maddox isn't the answer bro...even for a stopgap...

I'd rather have Co....no I wouldn't...

Comment

• SRK
                    Roadie
                    • Jan 2004

Thanks ,I have been a life long Steelers fan and DLR ,classic Van Halen fan for many years so this is the forum for me. I' ll be headed to training camp again this summer. I try to make it up there at least twice a year...It should be an interesting season.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                      Roth Army Caesar
                      • Mar 2003

I see you're in Ohio...you can't be from there and a Steeler fan eh?

Have to be from PA...and transplant?

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                        Roth Army Caesar
                        • Mar 2003

Well...as you know...every season for a Steeler fan is an interesting season...we can't just be bad or good...there's always gotsta be drama...

Comment

• SRK
                          Roadie
                          • Jan 2004

I live in Ohio but its only 32 miles from Pittsburgh so its Steelers country around here I`m right on the border of three states. All the sports coverage is from Pittsburgh.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                            Roth Army Caesar
                            • Mar 2003

I grew up in Cleveland...lived in Erie and Mercer County for a good part of my life...good to have you aboard...

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by SRK
                              I live in Ohio but its only 32 miles from Pittsburgh so its Steelers country around here I`m right on the border of three states. All the sports coverage is from Pittsburgh.
                              I'm guessing around the Youngstown area, close ???

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                                • Dec 2003

Well, what else is new, Steelers open the preseason with a loss....

And to top it off, I fucked up the VCR timer... The game was tape delayed on the NFL Network at 1AM this morning....

Saw the highlights....

Duce looks like he'll be the starter, he was sharp while he was in there, although he fumbled at the DET 10 yd. line....

Bettis was, well, the Bettis of the last few years, 5 carries, 5 yards....

Big Ben came in the game at the beginning of the 2nd qtr., and I thought he looked pretty damn sharp.... 8-13, 84yds. and a TD..... Maybe wishful thinking on my part, but so far, so good....

Comment

Working...