X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bob_R
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Mean Street vs. Unchained

Which of these two classics do you prefer?

I'll call it a tie!
    Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!
  • canadiandlrgirl
    Full Member Status

• May 2005

Re: Mean Street vs. Unchained

Originally posted by EVH FANATIC
    Which of these two classics do you prefer?

I'll call it a tie!
    depends on what mood i'm in

Comment

• NAHTAN

I agree it's a tie. These may be the twobest songs ever written by Van Halen. Imagine hearing either one live today, with Dave on vocals?! That would sell a few tickets...maybe with Dave taking over for Howard Stern Eddie and Al will succumb to the pressure to reunite..

Comment

• diamondsgirl
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Apr 2004

Mr. Fanatic...this is the toughest call I have had to make in one of these threads.

I love Unchained when I am running or driving. I love Mean Street when I am pissed off and I feel like hitting something. Or when I am lifting.

I call it a tie too
        “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by diamondsgirl
          Mr. Fanatic...this is the toughest call I have had to make in one of these threads.

I love Unchained when I am running or driving. I love Mean Street when I am pissed off and I feel like hitting something. Or when I am lifting.

I call it a tie too
          I'm with you but "unchained" was the first thing I ever heard from van halen and made my jaw drop...so it will be my all time favorite song for ever...
          Roth Army Icon
          First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• nosuchluck
            Sniper
            • Aug 2004

tie

probably my 2 fav VH songs...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
              Roth Army Caesar
              • Mar 2003

No tie...

Mean Street is THE best VH song...bar none...

not taking away from Unchained...which is certainly one of my favorite tunes...

but Mean Street...just outstanding...
              "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• PenguinsKID1986
                Roadie
                • Jan 2004

Thought you'd never miss me till I got a fat city address, none stop talker what a rocker blue eyed murder in a size five dress. Cool line so I got to with Unchained

Comment

• academic punk
                  Full Member Status

• Dec 2004

Two totally different vibes.

If I want to kick some motherfucker's face in, nothing in the cannon tops Mean Streets.

If I want to party and celebrate (after kicking said motherfucker's face in), nothing beats "Unchained".

It's the difference between demanding "Daaance, baby!" and offering someone "One break....Coooooooooomin' uuuup!!!!"

Comment

• Loons The Great

Mean Street

Comment

• binnie
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • May 2006

Mean Street

Out of this world....
                      The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• trueblue
                        Groupie
                        • Feb 2006

hey guys, i didn't know that " a tie" was even allowed and so graciously accepted by the rest of us on these song match-ups....i hate to let Unchained down for the second time, but lemme confess that Mean Street mirrors the side of classic Van Halen that i often love best---razor-sharp, mean, aggressive, in-your-face swagger of DLR's lyrics n delivery and Eddie's firestorm guitar heroics....So Mean Street wins by TKO in my card..what a fantastic way of kick-starting CVH's flagship record...
                        Music is like girlfriends to me; I'm constantly amazed at the choices other dudes make----DLR

Comment

Working...