for Thread of the Year?

you're right!
    Nope..Try again

Comment

• MAX
      Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

Thanks for bumping this thread cos I'd forgotten about it.

Heck, you are useful for something at this site after all.

Hey, if any of us have time over the next cupla days, please post some of your own stellar and unique family holiday stuff.

I'll share couple right off the bat.

My grandmother always did mint peas as a side dish for Christmas dinner. Sounds weird, I know but tasted yummy. Just frozen peas steamed with butter, salt, pepper and a cupla drops of peppermint extract. Tastes yummy with the turkey and stuff.

Also, my uncle does this wicked spinoff of the regular cranberry sauce. He does it with cranberries, vodka and horseraddish. 'Tis fucking stellar and gives both the turkey and gravy an extra "kick."

What else do y'all got besides green bean casserole?
      Last edited by MAX; 12-23-2005, 05:33 AM.
      EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• blonddgirl777
        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2005

Originally posted by MAX
        ... Also, my uncle does this wicked spinoff of the regular cranberry sauce. He does it with cranberries, vodka and horseraddish. 'Tis fucking stellar and gives both the turkey and gravy an extra "kick."...
        Me, VODKA (and cranberries) fan!!!
        Will try and let you know...

Thanks!
        http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e9...oman-movie.jpg
        Originally posted by Nitro Express
        ... What erases the linger of horniness more than Al Quaida? Then blondegirl can post some new hot dudes and stir a new wave of horniness...
        Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
        [B]... Cooking, I mean Cooking, is men's field...
        http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e9...i_triangle.jpg
        Originally posted by VanHalener
        ... Fight the Good Fight and Win!...
        Originally posted by FORD
        ... And let's face it, if mothers (except Chelsea Clinton's) ruled this world, there would be no goddamned war in the first place...

Comment

• diamondsgirl
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by MAX
          Thanks for bumping this thread cos I'd forgotten about it.

Heck, you are useful for something at this site after all.

Hey, if any of us have time over the next cupla days, please post some of your own stellar and unique family holiday stuff.

I'll share couple right off the bat.

My grandmother always did mint peas as a side dish for Christmas dinner. Sounds weird, I know but tasted yummy. Just frozen peas steamed with butter, salt, pepper and a cupla drops of peppermint extract. Tastes yummy with the turkey and stuff.

Also, my uncle does this wicked spinoff of the regular cranberry sauce. He does it with cranberries, vodka and horseraddish. 'Tis fucking stellar and gives both the turkey and gravy an extra "kick."

What else do y'all got besides green bean casserole?
          I like putting all kinds of fruit in my cranberry sauce

apples, pears, BANANAS, RAISINS....lol

want some Maximus??? :p
          “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• mewisemagic
            Commando
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by diamondsgirl

Get a room

Comment

• blonddgirl777
              ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2005

Originally posted by mewisemagic
              Get a room
              ... WITH a waterbed!
              ... What erases the linger of horniness more than Al Quaida? Then blondegirl can post some new hot dudes and stir a new wave of horniness...
              ... And let's face it, if mothers (except Chelsea Clinton's) ruled this world, there would be no goddamned war in the first place...

Comment

• MAX
                Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by mewisemagic
                Get a room
                Get a clue.

You ain't scorin' ANY points with that stupid title of yours either. Sucking fatass to a self proclaimed Un-Dave fan. 'Tis pathetic and you should be ashamed even showing your alias ridden mug around heeya.

And you call yourself a Rothfan?
                EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• MAX
                  Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by diamondsgirl

*Doing my best fag or gay lisp imitation*

I love bananathhhhh coconuthhhh and grapethhhhh...

That'thhhhhh why they call me "Tarthhhan of the apethhhhhh..."

So queeya it belongs alongside some eggnog coffee circle jerk, no? lol

Yes, lots of raisins, bananas, avocados, and hard boiled eggs please.

And I'll make you a mushy and raw tomato sandwich. :p

I know you'd really WANna eat that.
                  EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• MAX
                    Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by blonddgirl777
                    Me, VODKA (and cranberries) fan!!!
                    Will try and let you know...

Thanks!
                    Wish I could tell you how to make it.

I know it's cranberries, creamed horseradish and stoli all pureed together. It has the consistancy of the creamed horseradish that 'tis traditionally served with prime rib. However, it's pink. I'll post the recipe if I can but I'm sure it's not too hard to figure out?

You prolly just mix the three ingredients together, throw 'em in a cuisinart and voila?

The same uncle of mine makes yams with bourbon that everyone gloats about. Can't say if they're any good or not cos I fuckin' hate yams and have never tried them.
                    EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• MAX
                      Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by blonddgirl777
                      ... WITH a waterbed!
                      I'd sail the high seas with Captain Diamondsgirl anyday.
                      EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• MAX
                        Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

Heeyas another while I'm up recouperrating from coughing up my lungs, medicated and cannot sleep for a minute.

My mother's side of the family has also and always served sauerkraut as a side dish on both Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Either my Mom, Aunt or late Grandmother would/does cook up sauerkraut with diced up granny smith apples in them. 'Tis a delicious side dish and served hot.

I guess the recipe isn't too weird either cos I remember talking about putting the mixture on bratwurst to BigBadBrian (a Wisconsin native) a few years ago and he told me that it's a common German recipe.
                        Last edited by MAX; 12-24-2005, 06:34 AM.
                        EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• blonddgirl777
                          ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2005

I only SPOKE about the cranberry/vodka sauce but was strongly warned NOT to add any horseradish to the cran. sauce etc...

So I thought... N'ha...
                          I'll just make a "Bay Breeze" and drink it up!

Comment

• MAX
                            Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jan 2004

*bump* errrrrrr... *burp*

There's this waaay old "market/deli" right by my crib (I've mentioned it many times before) where I sometimes stop for lunch, if I'm going home for the hour, etc. I live in an old neighborhood of SLC and this market has been there since the forties. 'Tis very "yuppie" now but the quality has always remained in tact.

'Tis a spendy place but they have the BEST products. I mean a BEYOND fresh fruit, veggie, salad "bar" and their meats, cheeses and breads are nothing but the best. An example of how stellar this market is; When you order a turkey sand, you don't get the pressed shit. It's real turkey meat and baked in house. Thick, just like after Thanksgiving. About ten bucks for most sandwiches but well worth it. Another example; They have this "Bayou Burger" which 'tis a blackened (cajun thingy that makes meat literally black) hamburger patty, tons of melted cheese, four cajun spiced, grilled shrimp with a spicy cajun mayo. The burger 'tis like twelve bucks but OMG!!!

Like I said, extremely pricey but I've never been into fast food and I'm careful about what goes into my body, so I don't mind spendin' cash for a healthy lunch on days when I don't make my own.

Anyhoo, they've started doing this cheapie "leftover lunch sandwich special" which I think 'tis totally cool and completely original. Plus, they don't waste whatever entree specials from the day prior. For instance, if they do say "Southern Fried Chicken" on Wednesday, don't sell it all, instead of throwing it away 'tis the next day's "Leftover Lunch Special." They take the fried chicken, strip both the meat and the breading off, put it on a sandwich with, mayo and coleslaw and sell it for lunch. 'Tis stellar.

Where am I going with this? Dunno? lol Anyway, yesterday I went in there to grab a bay shrimp salad (un-fucking-believable sandwich!!!) sand, pickle speeya and an apple for lunch but saw the leftover special and bought it.

It was a "Lasagna" sandwich. Fuckin' stellar!!! A heaping mound of homemade sagnee scrunched between thick sliced garlic bread, tons of melted mozzerella cheese and served hot. Isn't that cool? It was so fuckin' huge that I could only eat half of it for lunch and it was only five bucks. I also bought a cup their soup of the day (also homemade) cream of artichoke with crab. I'll post their soups some other time.

Anyway, didn't know where else to post this so I thought this thread would work?
                            EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• diamondsgirl
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by MAX
                              pickle speeya
                              ROTFLMAO
                              “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• EbDawson
                                Veteran
                                • Apr 2004

Bump.

Anyone have any rib BBQ'ing REcipes to share. I have a contest to go to in Texas, early May and I ought to have a few run-throughs before then. Me and my brother/bro.-in-law have gone the past 2 years but for the most part we only succeeded in killing a few cases of Beer. :bottle:

We've always cooked pretty good stuff IMO but the competition is real stiff, people take their BBQ real seriously over there.

Anyway any stories/tips will probably be appreciated.
                                "If anyone came here hoping to hear Sammy Hagar Van Halen, there's the fucking door, man!" Ralph Saenz, Atomic Punks

"Carpe Mammarium"

Comment

Working...