• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BUMP

Anything to put that fucking pic down.
    EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• Sorry... just trying to get rid of the big ugly thread...

There you go!
      http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e9...oman-movie.jpg
      Originally posted by Nitro Express
      ... What erases the linger of horniness more than Al Quaida? Then blondegirl can post some new hot dudes and stir a new wave of horniness...
      Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
      [B]... Cooking, I mean Cooking, is men's field...
      http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e9...i_triangle.jpg
      Originally posted by VanHalener
      ... Fight the Good Fight and Win!...
      Originally posted by FORD
      ... And let's face it, if mothers (except Chelsea Clinton's) ruled this world, there would be no goddamned war in the first place...

Comment

• Max asked me for my New England Clam Chowda recipe, so I figured I'd post it here in case anyone else might like it.

3 cups water
        1 cup white wine
        8 pounds of clams
        1/4 pound sliced bacon
        3 medium onions, chopped
        2 pounds of potatoes (or about 3-4 medium sized), peeled and diced
        2 cups of heavy cream
        thyme
        bayleaf
        parsley

In a large pot, bring water and wine to a simmer. Add the clams, cover, and cook until the clams have opened (10-15 min) Remove the clams from the pot, remove the clams from the shells and set aside. Strain the liquid and set aside.

In the large pot, cook the bacon until crispy, remove bacon from pot, cut into peices, and set aside. Add the chopped onion to the bacon fat over low heat, and cook the onions until they are soft. (appx. 15-20 min). Pour in the clam cooking liquid, add the potatoes, thyme, bayleaf and parsley, and simmer gently until the potatoes are cooked (appx. 20 min.)

Add the clams, bacon and cream to the soup. Simmer for at least 5 min. Longer is OK. Season with ground pepper before serving.
        “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• Originally posted by diamondsgirl
          Max asked me for my New England Clam Chowda recipe, so I figured I'd post it here in case anyone else might like it.
          Thanks DG.
          EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by blonddgirl777
            Hey Max (or anyonelse...),

I always marinate the salmon and chicken breasts in some vinaigrette (from the srore) but it always end-up being dry, when I BarB.Q. it...

Any tricks to make sure those meats don't dry up?
            Whenever I grill fish (and its almost always salmon) I never put it directly on the grill. Wrap it in aluminum foil. Use vegetable spray or Pam on the foil first. If you have a top rack, put it on that one. Fish is tough to marinate. If you do it too long, the marinade can actually cook the fish, which is probably why it's drying out.
            When the shit hits the fan, close your mouth and duck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Antman
              Whenever I grill fish (and its almost always salmon) I never put it directly on the grill. Wrap it in aluminum foil. Use vegetable spray or Pam on the foil first. If you have a top rack, put it on that one. Fish is tough to marinate. If you do it too long, the marinade can actually cook the fish, which is probably why it's drying out.
              Thanks!
              Will try...
              http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e9...oman-movie.jpg
              Originally posted by Nitro Express
              ... What erases the linger of horniness more than Al Quaida? Then blondegirl can post some new hot dudes and stir a new wave of horniness...
              Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
              [B]... Cooking, I mean Cooking, is men's field...
              http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e9...i_triangle.jpg
              Originally posted by VanHalener
              ... Fight the Good Fight and Win!...
              Originally posted by FORD
              ... And let's face it, if mothers (except Chelsea Clinton's) ruled this world, there would be no goddamned war in the first place...

Comment

• heres a couple down home recipes

Spaghetti Casserole
                3 t. shortening, 8oz. vermicelli spaghetti, 1 lb. ground beef, 1 1/2 tsp. garlic salt, 2 small onions chopped, 1 green pepper chopped, 4 stalks celery, thinly sliced, 1 large can of mushrooms, 1 can whole kernel corn, 2 tsp. salt, 1/2 tsp. pepper, 2 tsp. chili powder, 1 qt. tomatoes, 3/4 cup of water, 1 (16-oz.) pkg. mozzarella cheese(save til last)

melt shortening in a large skillet. brown spaghetti and ground beef. drain. add remaining ingredients and simmer for 25 minutes. add cheese and let melt.

DEER JERKY
                4 pounds deer meat sliced thin, mix 3/4 cup soy sauce, 3/4 cup worcestershire sauce, 2 tsp. onion powder, 2 tsp. garlic powder, 2 tsp. season salt, 3 tsp. liquid smoke, 1 tsp. black pepper
                optional:
                1 to 2 tsp. ground red pepper, 1 tsp, red pepper flakes, a dash of franks red hot sauce

freeze meat until firm enough to slice thin. place in a large mixing bowl with lid. mix ingredients and pour the marinade over meat and set in refrigerator for at least 12 hours. place marinated meat in single layers in dehydrator 4 to 6 hours or until dry. store tightly in sealed ziploc bags.

what the hell, I'll even add a desert!

MOUNTAIN DEW CAKE
                1 box orange cake mix, 1 (3-oz.) box instant coconut pie filling, 1 cup of oil, 4 eggs, 1 (12 oz.) mountain dew
                TOPPING: 1 large can crushed pineapple, 1 1/2 cups of sugar, 1/2 cup of butter, 1 (3 oz.) can coconut, 3 tsp. self rising flour

cake: mix all together in a large bowl. beat at medium speed for 2 minutes. pour cake mixture into 9 x 13-inch greased pan. bake at 350 for 25 to 30 minutes. cool.
                topping: mix sugar, pineapple, butter and flour together and bring to a boil. add coconut and stir. cool 15 to 20 minutes before putting topping on cake.
                enjoy!!
                WIGGER STOMPER

Comment

• Originally posted by diamondsgirl
                  Max asked me for my New England Clam Chowda recipe, so I figured I'd post it here in case anyone else might like it.

3 cups water
                  1 cup white wine
                  8 pounds of clams
                  1/4 pound sliced bacon
                  3 medium onions, chopped
                  2 pounds of potatoes (or about 3-4 medium sized), peeled and diced
                  2 cups of heavy cream
                  thyme
                  bayleaf
                  parsley

In a large pot, bring water and wine to a simmer. Add the clams, cover, and cook until the clams have opened (10-15 min) Remove the clams from the pot, remove the clams from the shells and set aside. Strain the liquid and set aside.

In the large pot, cook the bacon until crispy, remove bacon from pot, cut into peices, and set aside. Add the chopped onion to the bacon fat over low heat, and cook the onions until they are soft. (appx. 15-20 min). Pour in the clam cooking liquid, add the potatoes, thyme, bayleaf and parsley, and simmer gently until the potatoes are cooked (appx. 20 min.)

Add the clams, bacon and cream to the soup. Simmer for at least 5 min. Longer is OK. Season with ground pepper before serving.
                  I have to try that!

This has been my clam chowder recipe:

And this is one of my favorite places to go in the whole wide world:

(Located in ESSEX, MA)
                  Last edited by Nickdfresh; 08-30-2005, 02:16 AM.

Comment

• Here's one that I made last Sunday that was nothing short of awesome!

Mexican Lasagna

1 1/2 pounds ground beef
                    1 large onion -- chopped
                    1 can refried beans
                    16 lasagna noodles -- cooked and drained
                    2 teaspoons oregano
                    1 teaspoon ground cumin
                    3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
                    2 1/2 cups salsa
                    1 cup Monterey jack cheese -- shredded
                    1 cup cheddar cheese -- shredded

2 cups sour cream
                    3/4 cup sliced green onions
                    1 small can black olives -- sliced

Brown ground beef and drain well. Add onion and continue to cook until
                    onion is translucent. Remove from heat. Stir in beans, oregano, cumin and
                    garlic powder. Place 4 noodles in the bottom of a 13x9x2 inch baking pan
                    coated with non stick spray or lightly greased. Spread 1/3 meat mixture
                    over noodles, top with 1/3 cup Monterey Jack cheese and 1/3 cup cheddar
                    cheese. Continue layering. Cover pan with foil and bake at 350 degrees for
                    1 hour. Remove from oven and top with sour cream, sliced green onions,
                    sliced black olives and Monterey Jack cheese. Return to oven without
                    covering for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

NOTES : For the topping; combine sour cream, onions and olives together
                    then top lasagna.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                      I have to try that!

This has been my clam chowder recipe:

And this is one of my favorite places to go in the whole wide world:

(Located in ESSEX, MA)
                      Ive never been to Woodmans but they ARE well known for their clambakes and their chowda.
                      “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• This recipe, and many more can be found at www.recipesource.com There haven't been many recipes from this site that I tried that turned out bad, and I've tried quite a few!

Comment

• Originally posted by Little Texan
                          Here's one that I made last Sunday that was nothing short of awesome!

Mexican Lasagna

1 1/2 pounds ground beef
                          1 large onion -- chopped
                          1 can refried beans
                          16 lasagna noodles -- cooked and drained
                          2 teaspoons oregano
                          1 teaspoon ground cumin
                          3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
                          2 1/2 cups salsa
                          1 cup cheddar cheese -- shredded

2 cups sour cream
                          3/4 cup sliced green onions
                          1 small can black olives -- sliced

Brown ground beef and drain well. Add onion and continue to cook until
                          onion is translucent. Remove from heat. Stir in beans, oregano, cumin and
                          garlic powder. Place 4 noodles in the bottom of a 13x9x2 inch baking pan
                          coated with non stick spray or lightly greased. Spread 1/3 meat mixture
                          over noodles, top with 1/3 cup Monterey Jack cheese and 1/3 cup cheddar
                          cheese. Continue layering. Cover pan with foil and bake at 350 degrees for
                          1 hour. Remove from oven and top with sour cream, sliced green onions,
                          sliced black olives and Monterey Jack cheese. Return to oven without
                          covering for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

NOTES : For the topping; combine sour cream, onions and olives together
                          then top lasagna.
                          sounds real good...I've been havin' a hankerin' for some Mexican lately

Comment

• Another great recipe...

Greek Spaghetti

1 Garlic clove, minced
                            2 tb Olive oil
                            2 cn (14 1/2-ounce) diced
                            -tomatoes with basil,
                            -garlic, and oregano
                            1/2 c Sliced green onions
                            1/4 c Chopped fresh parsley
                            3 tb Lemon juice
                            7 oz Thin spaghetti, cooked
                            1 c Crumbled feta cheese
                            1 cn (4-ounce) sliced ripe olives
                            -(optional)
                            Garnishes: lemon slices,
                            -green onions, fresh parsley
                            -sprigs

Saute garlic in hot oil in a large nonstick skillet until tender. Add
                            tomatoes and next 3 ingredients; saute 2 minutes or until thoroughly
                            heated. Toss together tomato mixture, pasta, cheese, and, if desired,
                            olives. Serve immediately. Garnish, if desired.

Easy, and delicious!

Comment

• I propose stickying this thread.

Comment

• This one came out of an old church cookbook.

Spinach Enchilada Casserole

2 lb ground chuck
                                1 large onion, chopped
                                1 pkg frozen spinach
                                1 (1 lb) can tomatoes
                                1 can mushroom soup
                                1 (8 oz) carton sour cream (or 8 oz cottage cheese, blended)
                                1/4 c milk
                                3 garlic cloves, minced
                                16 fresh or frozen tortillas
                                1/4 c melted butter
                                2 (4 oz) cans chopped green chilies
                                1/2 lb Longhorn cheese, grated

Brown meat and drain. Stir in onions, tomatoes, spinach (cooked and drained). Combine soup, sour cream, milk, garlic, chilies and mix well. Dip 8 tortillas in melted butter and arrange on bottom and sides of large casserole. Spoon half above ingredients on tortillas and add a layer of cheese. Arrange the other 8 tortillas, dipped in butter, and put remaining ingredients on top. Add remainder of cheese. Bake 35 minutes in 325 degree oven. Serves 12. Freezes well.

Phew! Typed that word for word out of the book for you folks. A couple of notes...it doesn't indicate what type of tortillas to use, but I assumed they meant corn tortillas, so I used them and it turned out great. Also, it doesn't say this, but you might want to salt and pepper the ground meat while you're cooking it, as well. Not too much, but enough to spice the meat a little.

Comment

Working...
                                X