Clear All

Originally posted by guwapo_rocker
    Looking forward to it.

Hey where's Buck been?
    WORK.

Comment

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
      I thought his wives did the cooking.
      I wonder if he has one wife to cook breakfast, one for lunch, dinner, midnight snack, drinks........hmmmmmm, wonder what the OTHER 7 remaining do while the others are cooking?!

Comment

Originally posted by blonddgirl777
        Hey Max (or anyonelse...),

I always marinate the salmon and chicken breasts in some vinaigrette (from the srore) but it always end-up being dry, when I BarB.Q. it...

Any tricks to make sure those meats don't dry up?
        Another key is to get your grill EXTREMELY hot before you throw on the meat. Also, how often do you flip or press down on the meats while cooking? Pressing down is a major no-no cos you squeeze all of the natural juices out. Flipping should only be done ONCE while grilling. You wanna cook both sides evenly and no more or hence, your dry salmon or chicken. Salmon tis' so easy anyway and so full of natural oils that it doesn't need to be marinaded very long. As for chicken, marinades are great and very easy. Chicken is great cos it doesn't take too long to cook on the grill plus it changes color to let you know when it's fully cooked. The key is to once again have a very hot grill and keep the lid covered while cooking. That way it will help bake the inside of the meat while you are cooking both sides evenly.
        EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

Oh my God Max! This is a great thread...

You won't believe it, but I'm probably the only southern belle who can't cook.

I have to learn!!! I am going to be feeding Marky Man.

I think he is going to be the one who ends up teaching me.

I'm an embarrassment to all the many generations of my southern cookin Mississippi Mamas.
          Baby Pana due April 28th!

I love Daddy Panamark! :0

Comment

Re: CHEF MAXIMUS' KITCHEN or THE OFFICIAL ROTHARMY COOKBOOK

Originally posted by MAX
            Hey, I'm sure we've prolly had one of these before but let's make this one a keepa. The reason that I thought of this is cos number one, I fucking love to cook. Number two, things are a bit slow in Non at the moment. Number three tis' that over the yeeyas I've both given and received so many stellar recipes from fellow posters and it's been stellar...
            I can mmake soup..

Add to Ignore list

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Raguzza.
              Nice thread, Max!
              Thank you Carmine.

Tis' funny cos my sauce is extremely similar to yours. Howeva, I fuckin' made it up so I don't have the precise amounts and ingredients down. Next time I cook a batch, I'll have to write it down. Anyway, my method of madness is very similar to yours so if anyone wants to monkey with my version, I'll post the ingredients and the way I cook it. Tis' very basic but oh so yummy.

BASIC MARINARA BOLOGNESE SAUCE ala MAXIMUS

I use:

1 lb Ground Beef

1 lb Ground Pork Sausage

1/2 lb Ground Veal

2 Green Bell Peppers (diced)

1 Large Yellow Onion (finely chopped)

Kosher Salt

Freshly Ground Black Pepper

Both the salt and pepper use according to taste and your own seasoning preferences.

1 Entire Bulb of Garlic (Finely Chopped). Screw how many cloves cos I end up using the entire thing. lol

Fresh Basil (Finely Chopped) ***

Fresh Oregano (Finely Chopped) ***

*** I take both the basil and the oregano, remove the stems and chop them in a mini cuisinart along with a drizzle of the olive oil. Saves time from chopping them individually. So, call that a bit of a "cheat sheet" if you will. lol.

1 tb Sugie

1/2 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Could be more or less, I just wing it?

Mushrooms Again, I have no idea as to how many I throw in but I do slice a shitload cos they cook down so much. Soooo, I'll guesstimate prolly about 30 fresh shrooms with the stems removed and sliced.

1 can (28 0z) can Tomato Sauce

1 - 6 oz can Hunt's Tomato Paste Basil, Garlic and Oregano

1 can (28 oz) Hunt's Hunt's Whole Tomatoes (In the summer I use fresh blanched tomatoes from my garden.

1 cup Red Wine - Merlot, Cab or whateva you have around the house.

A few dashes of Tabasco or your favorite hot sauce.

Ok, first off I take a huge skillet and heat it up to about Med/High with the olive oil. I then cook a handful of garlic and the entire onion. Then add all of the ground beef, sausage and veal and brown it. Brown it to about a "medium cos you'll simmer the meat for a cupla hours in the sauce and you don't want it cooked like a motherfucker right off the bat. Season with salt and pepper. Once that's all cooked, I drain the fat and oil and dump into a separate and big pot.

Alright, now add the tomato paste to the meat, onion and garlic. Once that's all mixed I add the tomato sauce and can whole tomatoes. Keep it on low heat cos you're going to simmer the fucker for a cupla hours.

Then just start adding all of the other stuff. Put it all in, bring it to a boil and then simmer for a cupla hours so the sauce can incorporate all of the flavors. Also, be sure to taste repeatedly while cooking so you know what to add seasoning wise i.e. salt, pepper and garlic. Also and this is always a golden rule when cooking anything, remember to go easy on the seasoning at first cos you can always add more as you go. Howeva, you cannot take shit out.

Pretty basic but is delicious. Like I've stated. I just learned how to make basic sauce many miles back and I now just have it down. Hopefully you get the jist of it? It's very easy.
              EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

LOL....

Comment

Originally posted by SweetSecrets
                  Oh my God Max! This is a great thread...
                  Thanks Mary and I truly hope that people will fully utilize this thread. I'm going to post a ton of my stuff just so I have it on hand. Also, I'd just love for people to post killer family recipes etc. Like I stated earlier, I've swapped recipes with a few people on these sites ova the yeeyas and have learned to make some great stuff.
                  EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by canadiandlrgirl
                    LOL....
                    What's so funny about my sauce? :confused:
                    EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

I Love Hair Pie.lol
                      First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

GARLIC BREAD and believe me, it tis' fucking GARLIC bread. Your breath will reek. lol.

Easy and another one I made up to go along with either my stellar sauce or your can of pasghetti-o's. lol.

1 Loaf French or Sourdough Bread sliced lengthwise

1 bulb Garlic (finely Chopped) and leave a few cloves separate cos we'll roast them on top of the bread when we bake the fucker.

Fresh Parsley (Finely Chopped)

2 cups butter (softened)

Kosher salt

Fresh Ground Pepper

Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Mozzarella, Provolone or Freshly shredded Parmesan Cheese (Optional)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F along with a cookie sheet.

Aiiight, in a bowl take your butta, dashes of salt and garlic. Mince and mash garlic to a paste with salt using rounded end of a heavy knife. Stir together the butter, oil, and garlic paste in a bowl until smooth, then stir in parsley.

Then spread it all over the bread. Add several cloves of the unchopped garlic all over the bread. Put the loaves on the heated cookie sheet and bake for approx 10 minutes. Once again, I just made this up so I'm wingin' it in type. Just keep checking until the butter is melted and the bread is golden brown on the edges.

Now for the cheese part (fully optional)

Once the bread tis' pretty much done, put whatever cheese you want on top and broil it until it melts. Now that part you'll just have to eye it for yourself and just don't burn down the house. lol.

The bread can be spread with garlic butter 8 hours ahead and chilled, wrapped in foil. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes before baking it. Anyway, when you're all done, just slice it up and serve along with whateva main dish.
                        EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

I can mmake Pop-Tarts..

FRESHLY TOAStitED
                          Add to Ignore list

Comment

Originally posted by Phil theStalker
                            I can mmake Pop-Tarts..

FRESHLY TOAStitED
                            That will work and Dump recipes are always a stellar welcome.
                            EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MAX
                              That will work and Dump recipes are always a stellar welcome.
                              Dump Recipes

dat's a goode name f4or mmy booke..

i'll begin t2omorrow..

thnxx

Add to Ignore list

Comment

Originally posted by MAX
                                What's so funny about my sauce? :confused:
                                lol...i'm sorry Max i wasn't laughing at your sauce
                                i was laughing at Bill and Nick....
                                i happen to think your sauce sounds very yummy :p
                                and by the way did i mention this is an awesome thread

Comment

Working...
                                X