Thread: If Dave's radio gig is a done deal, will the format change?

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-03-2020 @ 02:47 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Question If Dave's radio gig is a done deal, will the format change?

Like alot of folks, I remember snippets of Dave just speeling about the effect of radio on ones' psyche. I mean, he held the whole fucking band hostage for the recording of Diver Down to get his point across!

He did one helluva a job on the Boston gig.....PA made it possible for alot of us to hear it. There's no doubting the stream of consciousness, shit-talkin' abilities.....goes without typing.

What I'm wondering is, will Dave take the opporotunity to bust out a few songs here and there? Like some Savoy Brown or Al Jolson in between interviewing people?

My guess is it'll be a slow burn....will Dave have cuntplete cuntrol over the format? If this is in fact a "done deal", who fucking knows?

I keep waiting for The Regular Guys to weigh in on this.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Atomic Punk of Los Santos
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    01-28-2017 @ 09:31 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by rustoffa
    Like alot of folks, I remember snippets of Dave just speeling about the effect of radio on ones' psyche. I mean, he held the whole fucking band hostage for the recording of Diver Down to get his point across!

He did one helluva a job on the Boston gig.....PA made it possible for alot of us to hear it. There's no doubting the stream of consciousness, shit-talkin' abilities.....goes without typing.

What I'm wondering is, will Dave take the opporotunity to bust out a few songs here and there? Like some Savoy Brown or Al Jolson in between interviewing people?

My guess is it'll be a slow burn....will Dave have cuntplete cuntrol over the format? If this is in fact a "done deal", who fucking knows?

I doubt that a radio "newbie" like Dave would have complete creative control over the show.

Only those with serious radio chops and a lot of time under their belt (a la Stern) can demand such control from maniacal, megalomaniac, control-freak Program Directors that overrun that fucking industry. I spent enough time in it to meet many of them...

My guess is that, if it IS a done deal, Dave will end up clashing with one of the aforementioned control freaks and the whole thing will go down in flames.

Granted, I'd like to see Dave succeed in whatever he does. But I just have a gut feeling that his personality is too strong to suffer an asshole PD who thinks he knows "what's best" for DLR.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-08-2008 @ 09:21 AM
    Status
    Thanks

I am among those who wouldn't be saddened to see this go down in flames.

However, I remember a time when the radio played a much bigger part in my life than it does these days. A time when people shared a certain "relationship" with the dj. (Sort of like online affiliations for some people these days) A familiarity where you flip the dial... you hear the voice... you feel like you are "home". You listen to the spiel... you become a part of the show.

I think it would be a mistake for Dave, or anyone else to try and fill Stern's shoes. Not a big Stern fan myself, I can't say much about his show as I never listened to it-but from what I have read, he has his own brand of entertainment... his own style, his own schtick... and it worked for him. Anyone else doing the same thing would be a cheap imitation.

That being said, Dave also has always had his own style. Dave is a "familiar" kind of guy. Dave has a lot to offer whether he is acting as a band master, a director, an author, an emt...or a DJ. Will he be given free reign to do whatever he wants? Has he ever needed permission before? Isn't that what made Vh grate to begin with?

Although I hope that he has outgrown some of his antics... one thing that will never change is that he IS Diamond Dave...and whatever role he is playing at the moment... he will continue to be Diamond Dave.

Will the format change? Undoubtedly.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-01-2014 @ 09:03 AM
    Status
    Thanks

I guess we have to wish him every success, the sisters have pissed around long enough. Cant say theres much interest for us international
    fans, its not like we will be tuning in..

I would much rather a VH reunion or DLRBand2...

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-24-2021 @ 11:35 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Re: If Dave's radio gig is a done deal, will the format change?

Originally posted by rustoffa

I love hearing Dave talk and I love the things he says. However, I hope the radio gig would only be a part time thing, because if it isn't, then it kinda kills the chances of a dream for me...and that dream is a CVH reunion.

Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-08-2008 @ 09:21 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Take heart you Roth and Roll fanatics... Dave is all about "bringing it" to whatever he does... but read his book. Dave always has a lot of irons in the fire. He doesn't know how not too.

THE SHOWSTOPPA
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:20 AM
    Status
    Thanks

I think Dave is just made for the radio DJ gig.

However, I always thought he could replace Bob Barker on the Price is Right.

Your Own Personal Satan
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    08-06-2021 @ 02:28 PM
    Status
    Thanks

It will suck

Roadie

Member No
    Last Online
    03-24-2007 @ 04:41 PM
    Status
    Thanks

This radio gig is EXACTLY what you bunch of losers deserve. I can see the new threads now.....

"Dave is fooking hilarious"

"I wish Dave were back in VH instead of this pile of...."

"Sammy Cheese could not do a radio show"

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Enjoy the rest of your hilarious "good times" on a web site talking about a has been doing what has been's do. Whatever it takes to bring in a modest pay check..........

king of cool
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    04-01-2024 @ 06:43 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by baltimoreoriole
    This radio gig is EXACTLY what you bunch of losers deserve. I can see the new threads now.....

"Dave is fooking hilarious"

"I wish Dave were back in VH instead of this pile of...."

"Sammy Cheese could not do a radio show"

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Enjoy the rest of your hilarious "good times" on a web site talking about a has been doing what has been's do. Whatever it takes to bring in a modest pay check..........

Who left the sheep pen unlocked? Shoo, bitch!!

Thread Information