X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
    Nasty. The way that blood was coming out it looked like his jugular got cut. Did the guy live? That's a lot of blood loss.
    Yes. If you scroll up, you'll see the story. A former Vietnam Vet and Army medic stopped the bleeding and saved him, he was only seconds away from death. He asked the ambulance crew if they thought he could come back for the third period...

P.S.: I didn't know this, but he's now the Assistant Coach of the Calgary Flames. This story is here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clint_Malarchuk#Injury
    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 03-24-2013, 04:26 PM.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
      • Dec 2003

Penguins grab Brenden Morrow....

Let the trade winds begin.....
      Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by fourthcoming
        Great pick up for Pittsburgh......fuckin' penguins. Rangers still suck in case anyone wanted to know.
        Yeah, we know....

12 in a row for the Pens, last 7 without Malkin and last 5 without Letang...

Shero's not done yet either, he'll get another physical D-man and a bottom 6 forward as well....

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
          • Dec 2003

Fuckin' Shero just did it again....

Got Douglas Murray from the Sharks....

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
            • Dec 2003

Dude.....you suck.....
            LMFAO, and he's STILL not done....

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
              • Dec 2003

Another spirited, goal-less performance by the Rangers last night....and now Jerome Iginla is headed to Pitt? wtf??? Iginla and crosby played well together in the Olympics.
              Yeah, but at least at first, they're not going to break up that 1st line, they're playing out of their fucking minds....

If it were me, I'd put Iginla on the 2nd line with Malkin and Neal, and slide Morrow to the 3rd line with Sutter and Cooke....

And, oh yeah, that's 14 in a row....

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                And, oh yeah, that's 14 in a row....
                I really like the Iginla trade (and the Morrow one as well). You never like to give up a first rounder but they are very close to another Cup.

But, VA, c'mon you aren't really putting much stock in winning streaks this year are you?

I mean the Canucks have won six in a row with half of their top six forwards out all year, but that is because they are playing in their conference and playing the also-rans twice as much and not playing the top teams in the other conference. Same with the Pens.

I mean in what other world are the Montreal Canadiens looking like world beaters this year (if you look at the standings).
                sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                  ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                  • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Romeo Delight
                  But, VA, c'mon you aren't really putting much stock in winning streaks this year are you?
                  Oh hell no...

The Pens are the 1st team in NHL history to have 3 straight seasons with winning streaks over 10 games, and look what it got them in the last two years?

Nada....

Sure looks like this year is different, especially defensively.... And if the defense is better, that protects the goalie better...

And if the defense and goalie are decent, watch the fuck out.....

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                    • Dec 2003

Fuckin Penguins......
                    And that's the best part.... Fans of teams that hated the Pens before REALLY hate them now....

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                      • Dec 2003

My Penguin hatred can be traced back to Graves being thrown out of the playoffs for slashing Mario in 91-92 I believe....and the subsequent 55 ft Ron Francis slap shot that beat Richter. I do respect what they have done this year....especially the last few weeks....how could I not....
                      You mean the two-handed tomahawk chop that broke Lemieux' wrist?

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                        • Dec 2003

I couldn't resist either.....

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                          ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                          Oh hell no...

The Pens are the 1st team in NHL history to have 3 straight seasons with winning streaks over 10 games, and look what it got them in the last two years?

Nada....

Sure looks like this year is different, especially defensively.... And if the defense is better, that protects the goalie better...

And if the defense and goalie are decent, watch the fuck out.....
                          I still worry about your goaltending. But if you are scoring 5 or six goals a game it won't matter...that is until you meet the Western Conference opponent.

It's like there are two seperate leagues in terms of style of play.

Right now the Eastern Conference is far more entertaining.
                          sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                            • Dec 2003

sometimes all it takes is a hot goalie.....your goalie or the other teams goalie......
                            Like last year.... Kings #8 seed then went nuts....

I agree, though, it still starts with Fleury....

But I will say that the defense in front of him is much, much better this year....

And they just got Doug Murray, who can't skate a lick but hits like a fucking Mack Truck.....

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                              • Dec 2003

Iginla is in the lineup this afternoon vs. Islanders....

Kunitz/Crosby/Dupuis
                              Iginla/Malkin/Neal
                              Morrow/Sutter/Cooke
                              Adams/Vitale/Kennedy

Yeah, that'll work....

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Sabres just sent D Jordan Leopold to the Blues for a 2nd and 5th (or a conditional 4th). Nice to unload him, but rather see Pominville, Miller, or Vanek gone. I like those guys, but no point keeping them around for another playoffs where they're only playing on the fairways.

Looks like the Sabres are going to be BIG sellers after all...

Comment

Working...