X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

Chris Pronger out for the season and playoffs with severe post-concussion.....

I suppose he'll be called soft, too....
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Von Halen
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Chris Pronger is as old as the hills, and has been in many wars. Comparing him to Crosby is insane. Crosby has grown complacent already. He has enough dough, that he doesn't have to play anymore. I think he has lost his passion for the game. I hope I am wrong, because the NHL needs him. But I think he has. Guys used to play through just about anything. Not anymore. They shouldn't have to pay the motherfuckers if they don't play. I bet Crosby's post concussion syndrome wouldn't be so bad then. I mean, come on. The fucker has been out nearly a YEAR with this shit. He needs to man up, or quit the game. I'm sure his husband (Mario) will give him some sort of job in the Penguins organization.

Comment

• Romeo Delight
        ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Crosby plays the game 10 times more physical than Gretz or Mario.

You can say anything you want about about Crosby, but his toughness is beyond reproach.
        sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Von Halen
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by Romeo Delight
          Crosby plays the game 10 times more physical than Gretz or Mario.
          Did anybody say he doesn't?

You can say anything you want about about Crosby, but his toughness is beyond reproach.
          Like I said in my previous post, I simply wonder if he hasn't lost his passion for the game. You should know as well as anyone, Crosby has been playing the game a LONG time. He has plenty of money, and can probably get a job with the Penguins if he must have something to do. My youngest has been on the ice since he was 2, and has been playing on teams since he was 4. I don't know how old Crosby is, but I am sure he started at a very young age too. That amount of time in any "career" is a long time. I predict he will retire before the end of this season.

Comment

• Romeo Delight
            ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Hey Matt!!! Quite the tilt between the Nucks and Wings last night. The better team won of course.

Lots of aftermath from this one. The Edler goal was ruled today that it shouldn't have counted...but then shoudn't have been a penalty on the Wing for bringing Edler down? A strange play to be sure. The Wings can't say they were dealt an unfair hand as they had 4 or 5 power plays to Vancouver's zero.

Kronwall leaving his feat on the Kesler hit is bush...not to mention turning his back to make the hit!!??? What exactly is that? If you are going to make a hit, make it . Don't turn your back as you launch yourself in mid-air. Probably not suspendable but should have been a penalty. League rules say any hit where you leave your feet is a penalty. Not sure how that was missed.

Kesler sticking his leg out on the next shift should have also been a penalty. Then again, if Kronwall fights Kesler , that probably doesn't happen. Kronwall should have fought.

Luongo was a stud in the third as the Wings pushed hard for a tie.

Look at the Youtube and the Detroit commentators..."The head wasn't the initial point of contact" I guess so. But still, I am not sure this is the type of stuff we want in the league.

Kesler admits he needs to keep his head up on this play which is a refreshing take...Kesler just wanted to fight him afterwards and was not happy he refused. I am sure there will be retribution in the next couple of games. Can't wait.

Last edited by Romeo Delight; 12-22-2011, 06:07 PM.
            sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Romeo Delight
              ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Here's a clean Kronwall hit:

sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                • Dec 2003

I don't know if the NHL owes Kronwall money or anything, but that guy has ZERO career fights and has NEVER been suspended....

Shocking for someone who makes his living on borderline, many of them quite dirty, hits.....

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                  ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Yeah, you have to fight. Even Lapierre...a hated pest of sorts on the Nucks, drops the gloves and takes care of himself quite well.

If I were the Wings I wouldn't be too happy with Kronwall, hitting one of the Canucks best checkers (and scorers)... Kesler can lay out a hit pretty well. Who do you think he will target? Probably one of the Wing's skilled players.

If he had fought it would all be over.
                  sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                    ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

I still say that hit is a reckless play...one that the NHL should suspend if they are at all serious about head-shots.

Please explain how Kronwall can tell what he is doing by hitting someone, jumping and with his back to the player (because he doesn't want to risk getting hurt himself).

It was fortunate Kesler doesn't have a concussion, but all hits to the head like this one, should likely be a minor. Leaving your feet in this manner is also a charging minor.

If Kronwall lowers the shoulder and hits Kesler in the shoulder...great hit. This is just weak
                    sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                      ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Never want to see this, but I wonder if this happens to a cleaner player? The removal of the instigator rule would take care of this type of stuff from happening IMO. Kronwall would be taken to task his very next shift after he lays out one of his hits. He would fight or be forced to turtle and suffer the shame of being a complete pussy. I don't think he gets challenged for clean hits.

sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Von Halen
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Kronwall, like most of the Wings, is a bitch. He wouldn't drop the gloves for anything. Him and Holmostrom fucking run around shooting off their mouths all the time, but never ever drop the gloves.

Comment

• VAiN
                          Use my hand, I won't look
                          ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

So yeah, pens, red wings, blah blah blah... How shocked will you all be when the Panthers make the playoffs and possibly bump one your perennial contenders? Discuss...
                          Originally posted by wiseguy
                          That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                            ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

I like the Panthers. It would be great for the league if Florida can be a regular playoff team.
                            sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                              ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Hey VA...kind of disappointed in the Pens fans reaction to Jagr.

He really did work hard in Pittsburgh. So he went to someone willing to pay him more than a pittance...and he gets booed for that?

C'mon
                              sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                                • Dec 2003

Hey VA...kind of disappointed in the Pens fans reaction to Jagr.

He really did work hard in Pittsburgh. So he went to someone willing to pay him more than a pittance...and he gets booed for that?

C'mon
                                I was there...

I would say that the main reason is that he said over and over that he would come back and finish his career for Mario.... But not only did he not come back, but to sign for the Flyers was the kicker....

Comment

Working...