Page 62 of 68 FirstFirst ... 12484950515253545556575859606162636465666768 LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,480 of 2710

Thread: The Official NHL Thread

ROTH KILL!
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-17-2021 @ 08:52 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Von Halen View Post
    Fuck the Dead Wings!!
    Fuck off!
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:12 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,528 Times in 1,999 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BITEYOASS View Post
    Fuck off!
    No!

Bye bye Blabcock!
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:25 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,580 Times in 3,459 Posts

The Cockwatch is on!!

"It goes to 11."
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-08-2018 @ 02:53 PM
    Status
    Thanks

The friggin Blackhawks blow a 3 goal lead and got lucky enough to to win 4-3. Can't do that every game. Next game will either be 1-1 going into overtime or a blowout for either team....

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-29-2016 @ 10:26 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Take 'Em View Post
    The friggin Blackhawks blow a 3 goal lead and got lucky enough to to win 4-3. Can't do that every game. Next game will either be 1-1 going into overtime or a blowout for either team....
    I hear you. The Hawks came out flying. No way they were going to keep that pace and took the foot off the pedal. I can see this series going 7.

ROTH KILL!
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Well the IIHF world championship just started, and Team USA killed Funland 5-1 yesterday and slaughtered Norway as well.

"It goes to 11."
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomicpnk47 View Post
    I hear you. The Hawks came out flying. No way they were going to keep that pace and took the foot off the pedal. I can see this series going 7.
    At least 6, but man did they look good last night!!!

"It goes to 11."
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Fookin Blackhawks pull another one out of their hat last night in MN!!!!!!
    Crawford had a great game and hopefully another one up there to wrap things up... MN is going to throw everything they have left at them in game 4 though...

ROTH KILL!
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Well Team USA went all Rocky IV on Russia's ass on Monday! Belarus will be the next victim tomorrow.

"It goes to 11."
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

8:30 Puck Drop and I am hoping for some of this style goaltending out of the Wild!!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Sorry Canada, your last shot at getting Lord Stanley's Cup back, just got eliminated. Does it hurt worse when you think, even though we know it's not possible, you have a chance at it? Or would you rather the Canadian teams just play the regular season, and leave the real season to the real teams from America? Don't worry, we'll let you borrow Lord Stanley's Cup for a few days this summer, before it takes its rightful place back in an American city, where it belongs.

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-28-2024 @ 09:22 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,517 Times in 2,422 Posts

13. Thanked Va Beach VH Fan for this KICKASS post:

Von Halen (05-13-2015)

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    03-04-2024 @ 05:42 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Sorry Canada, your last shot at getting Lord Stanley's Cup back, just got eliminated. Does it hurt worse when you think, even though we know it's not possible, you have a chance at it? Or would you rather the Canadian teams just play the regular season, and leave the real season to the real teams from America? Don't worry, we'll let you borrow Lord Stanley's Cup for a few days this summer, before it takes its rightful place back in an American city, where it belongs.
    Idiots, the both of you!!!

LOL. Well, we all know that there should probably be at least 2 more teams in Ontario, another in Quebec.

All would be amongst the to 12 in terms of revenue in the league but of course we have to stay the path of Bettman with hockey in places where no one cares.

Still mostly Canadians on all NHL teams (about 50%) although the US is finally producing some great players.

15. Thanked Romeo Delight for this KICKASS post:

Angel (05-15-2015)

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

The penalty that led to the Rangers tying goal in the second was a joke. Girardi knew a capital was behind him and just waited to be touched. Brutal

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Romeo Delight View Post
    Idiots, the both of you!!!

LOL. Well, we all know that there should probably be at least 2 more teams in Ontario, another in Quebec.
    A team is coming to Quebec (Panthers?) but the economics don't support more Ontario teams. Both Toronto and Buffalo squashed the Hamilton expansion push but there is no way that team would have lasted had they been formed...
    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 05-14-2015 at 06:27 AM.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Hockey is the greatest sport there is, played by some of the toughest motherfuckers there is.

Those faggy ass Europeans are so in love with that foot fairy game, they have no idea what they are missing. Virtually any human being that can walk, can play soccer, and play it okay. Any person, young or old, can walk onto a soccer field and kick a soccer ball around. Not very many people can slip on a boot with a knife on the bottom of it, grab a stick, and handle the puck while skating. Hell, most couldn't even stand up on that ice.

Did you guys see the motherfucker on the Rangers standing in the bench area digging his broken teeth out of his mouth, and throwing them down? Never missed a fucking shift after taking a stick to the mouth! You got all these PUSSY athletes in all the other sports that have to sit for weeks when they stub their fucking toes, and these guys get their faces broke by sticks and pucks, and rarely miss a shift!

HOCKEY IS THE GREATEST FUCKING GAME EVER INVENTED!

19. 2 users say thank you to Von Halen for this KICKASS post:

Romeo Delight (05-14-2015),Whorehey (05-14-2015)

"It goes to 11."
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

HOCKEY IS THE GREATEST FUCKING GAME EVER INVENTED![/QUOTE]

Coolest sport on earth!! Unless you have played them game "at any level" most people will never understand the fucking skill level involved in our sport, let alone what's required in the NHL Playoffs. Go Blackhawks/Go Rangers!!!! Gimme that original 6 Final Series.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

The new bridge from Detroit to Windsor will be named the Gordie Howe International Bridge! Badfuckingass!!

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post
    A team is coming to Quebec (Panthers?) but the economics don't support more Ontario teams. Both Toronto and Buffalo squashed the Hamilton expansion push but there is no way that team would have lasted had they been formed...
    The economics don't support it? Maybe for Buffalo, but Ontario could have 5 teams and they would all be a smashing success.

The Leafs of course want to protect their monopoly, but truth be told they would benefit from an actual local rival other than Montreal. Buffalo doesn't count unfortunately.

Its absolute insanity there isn't at minimum 2 more Ontario teams

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

The economics don't support it? Maybe for Buffalo, but Ontario could have 5 teams and they would all be a smashing success.

The Leafs of course want to protect their monopoly, but truth be told they would benefit from an actual local rival other than Montreal. Buffalo doesn't count unfortunately.

Its absolute insanity there isn't at minimum 2 more Ontario teams
    Maybe in Buffalo? Oh, I hope Terry Pegula doesn't go belly up with one of the largest season ticket bases in the U.S., after two shitty and pathetic seasons no less....

When the fuck do you speak for Leafs fans? They actually are huge rivals with the Sabres when both teams don't suck. There is also a team in Ottawa they have a bit of a rivalry with, but again rivalries only matter when both teams are quality. Go back to trying to "fix" Zack Kassian by giving him interweb handjobs dude. But hey! Put 50 teams in Ontario!! The more the merrier!! It wasn't that long ago Ottawa folded, then was reborn. If you have a hard on for turning the NHL into the OHL have at! But there aren't the players or the consistent fan bases for it. If it's so "easy" my delusional friend: explain why Quebec still doesn't have a team? Or Winnipeg just got theirs back? It's easy to fantasize about plopping teams everywhere, but then there were once teams that folded in economic downturns. Not to mention the talent base for hockey is already getting diluted...

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Well, I know you are pre-programmed to lash out Nick so I am not going to take the bait.

No one in Toronto really considers the Sabres a rival although the reverse may be true. I am sure its a lovely place and all that.

I think Toronto would rank at or near the bottom in terms of my personal ranking of franchises for a variety of reasons.

Topping that list would be the arrogance and centre of universe mindset.

Trust me, they don't view Ottawa as a rival either.

Buffalo may have season ticket holders, which I am glad to see. But I wonder what the rate is? Anaheim has season ticket holders as well. When I was there about 4 years ago, the guy I bought tix from told me you buy one ticket and you get the other one for free when buying the season's package....great that they are beign subsidized...how many other teams are like that? God only knows

Hmmmm. A great model for the league. Lets just say that wouldn't be necessary in any Canadian market. The only reason Winnipeg ever left was due to ownership.

Not unlike why Seattle left the NBA...How could they ever leave? Nick, if you think areas around Toronto couldn't support two more teams you just don't understand the economics at all. Protectionism is all that is holding the status quo as it is

25. Thanked Romeo Delight for this KICKASS post:

Angel (05-18-2015)

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Nick...I talk with leafs fans every day and have done so for decades. Never once have they mentioned the Sabres

I wonder if they talk about other teams at all now that I think about it lol

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Well, I know you are pre-programmed to lash out Nick so I am not going to take the bait.
    You're doing plenty of that of your own, bud. I suspect being slapped around by Von and VH has made you a bit ticky. But you can save the silly regional shit with because I don't post that sort of stuff because it's irrelevant....

No one in Toronto really considers the Sabres a rival although the reverse may be true. I am sure its a lovely place and all that.
    Then why do so many come here to cheer their team on? Do they consider us a rival? Whats the definition? Is a team that spanks them like the Canadians be considered "rivals?"

Believe it or not, the Sabres original rival was the NY Rangers since it was sort of the "Battle of New York." But that ebbs and flows with alignments and realignments. The truth is I could hardly give a fuck as the only real rival is the one keeping my team from the playoffs. But yes, there are Toronto fans that love to rub it in and there was a segment here that hoped Toronto would have gotten Eichel/McDavid after the Sabres in order to solidify a regional rivalry...

I think Toronto would rank at or near the bottom in terms of my personal ranking of franchises for a variety of reasons.

Topping that list would be the arrogance and centre of universe mindset.
    We agree. I think Toronto fans actually deserve better. But they have to stop subsidizing it first with their massive corporate dollars...

Trust me, they don't view Ottawa as a rival either.
    You're completely out of your mind. Um dude, I used to watch Hockey Night In Canada too until the provider stopped carrying CBC...

Buffalo may have season ticket holders, which I am glad to see. But I wonder what the rate is? Anaheim has season ticket holders as well. When I was there about 4 years ago, the guy I bought tix from told me you buy one ticket and you get the other one for free when buying the season's package....great that they are beign subsidized...how many other teams are like that? God only knows

Hmmmm. A great model for the league. Lets just say that wouldn't be necessary in any Canadian market. The only reason Winnipeg ever left was due to ownership.
    The rate is a relative bargain despite healthy rate hikes the past two losing seasons, based on the fact they need to keep up prices to get revenue sharing. Subsidized? Hardly! They have a 3,000 strong waiting list and there are NO subsidies. You might not catch it, but despite being the worst team in the league the Sabres are often on NBCSN nationally televised games? Why? Because they have one of the most devoted TV market shares here for hockey, again despite having a shitty on ice product up until the wunderkind draft...

Not unlike why Seattle left the NBA...How could they ever leave? Nick, if you think areas around Toronto couldn't support two more teams you just don't understand the economics at all. Protectionism is all that is holding the status quo as it is
    Hamilton could support a team, two in Toronto is very dicey. You've heard about the Canadian dollar, right? I'd love a team in Hamilton, whether the Sabres agree or not. I suspect they would too because they get a healthy fee for being within 50 miles of their arena. Would that effect the Sabres following in Southern Ontario? Maybe, but I suspect it would be marginal as many Hamilton Tigers fans would gladly come here as the Torontonians do...
    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 05-14-2015 at 08:03 PM.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Nick...I talk with leafs fans every day and have done so for decades. Never once have they mentioned the Sabres

I wonder if they talk about other teams at all now that I think about it lol
    Exactly! But during the days of Rob Ray and Tie Domi, they most certainly DID talk about it around the beer cooler at work. When your team is a massive underachiever missing the playoffs despite decent talent, who the fuck IS your rival??..

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

You know who Buffalo's biggest rivals were last year???

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Toronto could easily support two teams. That's a big fucking city.

I wish Hamilton would have gotten a team.

Buffalo fan supports the Sabres for the same reason they support the Bills. It's Buffafuckinglo, and there's nothing else to do in that shithole!

Use my hand, I won't look
    ____Van Fuckin' Halen____
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    10-27-2020 @ 08:17 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,707 Times in 1,035 Posts

A team is coming to Quebec (Panthers?)
    Panthers aren't going anywhere.

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Nick I don't think I have the strength to retort, being so abused by Von lol

If you can say in one breath they are taking part in revenue sharing and in another saying they are not subsidized...not sure how we can have any discussion there...

Such a deficit in logic cant be argued with...you "win" skipper!!

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Toronto could easily support two teams. That's a big fucking city.

I wish Hamilton would have gotten a team.
    Toronto might be able to support two teams, but I think you'd have a Yankees vs. Mets thing where the not-Maple Leafs are always teetering and having trouble competing...

I'd love to see a team in Hamilton...

Buffalo fan supports the Sabres for the same reason they support the Bills. It's Buffafuckinglo, and there's nothing else to do in that shithole!
    No shit, Sherlock!! It's also a great excuse to drink!

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Nick I don't think I have the strength to retort, being so abused by Von lol

If you can say in one breath they are taking part in revenue sharing and in another saying they are not subsidized...not sure how we can have any discussion there...

Such a deficit in logic cant be argued with...you "win" skipper!!
    The tickets aren't subsidized, I said nothing about revenue sharing. Two very different topics, we were talking about Season Tix! My "logic deficit?" Really? Try your reading comp "deficit!"

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Toronto might be able to support two teams, but I think you'd have a Yankees vs. Mets thing where the not-Maple Leafs are always teetering and having trouble competing...
    Well fucknut, the real Leafs are "always teetering and having trouble competing"!

If both organizations were run properly, they'd both thrive.

The Mets haven't been run properly over the years, by their front office. A teams success, or lack thereof, has nothing to do with fan support, or whether a city can support two teams.

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

The tickets aren't subsidized
    That is the very definition of fuzzy math. You have come full circle...lol

Ok they receive revenue sharing and the tickets aren't subsidized. You are #1 skip!!

Hilarious.

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

The tickets aren't subsidized, I said nothing about revenue sharing. Two very different topics, we were talking about Season Tix! My "logic deficit?" Really? Try your reading comp "deficit!"
    SO your post didn't say this:

"The rate is a relative bargain despite healthy rate hikes the past two losing seasons, based on the fact they need to keep up prices to get revenue sharing. Subsidized? Hardly!"

I know the distinction you are trying to make but I am afraid by any measure the organization, including ticket prices are subsidized...if ticket revenue is the main driver of revenue and you receive revenue sharing...there is no connection according to you?

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Vegas is getting a team, and it looks as though the Coyotes will be moving from Arizona. Maybe they go to Seattle? Maybe they go to Canada? Or will they be the ones going to Vegas?

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I actually think everything stays put and they have two expansion slots in the west to even out the imbalance of teams per conference.

That way a positive spin and new money from the franchise fee. Seattle is serious and a great hockey market with support at the grassroots level and minor hockey

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

The Coyotes are pretty much a sure thing to leave Arizona. That means they will only need to add one team to keep the balance. It's just a matter of whether or not Vegas is getting an expansion team, or the Coyotes. Since the arena is well under way, I'm thinking the Coyotes are the ones going there.

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

that does make sense. Its not like they didn't try everything possible in Arizona. Rink is just too far away from everything

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Well fucknut, the real Leafs are "always teetering and having trouble competing"!

If both organizations were run properly, they'd both thrive.

The Mets haven't been run properly over the years, by their front office. A teams success, or lack thereof, has nothing to do with fan support, or whether a city can support two teams.
    Well penis puffer, why aren't the Mets "run properly?" Because they're treated like a second run, ghetto team. The Leafs surly have trouble competing but they're in no way teetering financially because of the sheep that lap them up!

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

That is the very definition of fuzzy math. You have come full circle...lol

Ok they receive revenue sharing and the tickets aren't subsidized. You are #1 skip!!

Hilarious.
    My my, filled with sophist bullshit much? The definition you laid out is bribing fans with free tickets to buy season tickets. The Sabres don't give season ticket holders 2-4-1 tickets like you think they do in Anaheim (doubtful at this point as well). Revenue sharing has nothing to do with subsidizing tickets WHEN THEY FUCKING RAISE TICKET PRICES TO ENABLE SAID REVENUE SHARING! Economics isn't your forte, stick to coddling millionaire douchebag underachieving athletes with psychobabble...

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

SO your post didn't say this:

"The rate is a relative bargain despite healthy rate hikes the past two losing seasons, based on the fact they need to keep up prices to get revenue sharing. Subsidized? Hardly!"

I know the distinction you are trying to make but I am afraid by any measure the organization, including ticket prices are subsidized...if ticket revenue is the main driver of revenue and you receive revenue sharing...there is no connection according to you?
    Read above post! How can tickets be 'subsidized' when the team is forced to raise the ticket prices? Does that make any fucking sense to you? Really?

The gist of your point is that the Sabres must give away free tickets like they do in Anaheim in order to have such a high season ticket base! Don't try to change your ignorant points with semantics about revenue sharing (which I brought up, not you BTW). Those are two very different things. I'll bet you a $10 beer at the Arena the fucking Sabres don't give away ANYTHING!! Despite Pegula's "I'll just dig some more wells if I want money" pretensions...
    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 05-15-2015 at 11:15 PM.

Thread Information