• Feb 2005

Another prediction...NBA will return to Vancouver within 5 years

I'm serious...
    sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Romeo Delight
      ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

I heard through a player's agent that Buffalo wont be keeping both of their goalies.

Biron was supposed to be dealt. Now what?

How can they trade him? 11 wins!!!

How is their cap, financial situation?
      sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Golden AWe
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
        The rumors are flying...

Good chance that Edzo will be canned tonight or tomorrow in P-Burgh...

His replacement you ask ?? Of course, it'll be the Baby Penguins coach, former Habs coach Michel Theirren.....
        The Pens need some new players too...they're way too soft...especially on the defensive end...Tarnstrom and Gonchar need some defensive back-up...
        Originally posted by Cato
        Golden, why are you FAT?
        Originally posted by lesfunk
        Much like yourself as the Jim Morrison of Nazi bunker flies
        http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Comment

• Romeo Delight
          ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Golden AWe
          The Pens need some new players too...they're way too soft...especially on the defensive end...Tarnstrom and Gonchar need some defensive back-up...
          Very true. It is difficult to asemble a cohesive team where people know their roles and execute only that every night.
          sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
            • Dec 2003

Well, let's just see how an in-your-face coach has them playing....

It was well-known that Penguins practices were basically known as "Club Mario", no rigid practices, no adherence to systems, etc...

Crack the whip, I say.....
            Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• ALinChainz
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jan 2004

They seemed to have some core vets that would have set the tone and example.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by DavidFlamma
                Buffalo the Cinderalla story for this year?

Can we have one of your goalies?

I bet Vancouver will pick up one of Buffalo's or Minnesota's goalies before season is done.

Watch it happen...
                There's some speculation about that actually since both BUFFALO's top goalies make starter cash (BIRON & MILLER). But I don't know, I think BUFFALO will want a big, tough defenseman in return.

But I'm pretty sure their cap number is on the low side, so they can make the call...

But, the fans were chanting "Marty" last night, and doing the wave...I dunno, a trade might be tough...They have great chemistry.
                Last edited by Nickdfresh; 12-15-2005, 10:25 PM.

Comment

• ALinChainz
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jan 2004

I don't see them moving Miller IMO.

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                    ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Canucks better than all of the East

Well, that's about it I think. Consecutive wins over Ottawa, and then NYR and now Philadelphia on the road by the mighty Vancouver squad show we are ready to take Cup.

Great thing is team has yet to really gel and top line isn't performing quite yet. And we are using our backup goalie to boot.

Now I guess we go back to playing out divisional matchups for the next twenty games (thanx alot Bettman you fag!)
                    sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                      • Dec 2003

I fucking LOVE this...

#1, he DESERVES it, I don't give a rat's ass that he's 18 years old.... He's been the best player nearly every game this year, and he's shown the most leadership, even with most of the oldtimers twice his age, which reverts to #2...

#2, this will put some serious heat into those veterans who haven't done squat this year (see: Gonchar, Recchi, LeClair, and yes, some would even say Lemieux)...

Crosby named Penguins' alternate captain

The Pittsburgh Penguins have a new alternate captain - Sidney Crosby.

New head coach Michel Therrien appointed the 18-year-old as the team's other alternate captain along with Mark Recchi on Friday.

''I really believe this is a new beginning for our team,'' Therrien said. ''He is one of our best players. I am not afraid to give him – I don't think it's pressure because, eventually, it's going to be Sidney's team. Sid has some good veterans to work with. He has Mario [Lemieux], Mark Recchi, John LeClair, Lyle Odelein. We have a core group, but I want Sid to learn from those guys. He is a young kid, but sometimes a young kid has good, new ideas.''

The Penguins' staff affixed the 'A' to the left shoulder of Crosby's jersey shortly after the announcement.

''It's great for the coach to show that I have that responsibility. I feel pretty honoured,'' Crosby said. ''I take it pretty seriously. I will try to do a good job making sure I show leadership.

''It's something that's nice to have. It's a challenge and motivates you that much more. I am more than happy to have it.''

Crosby, who has shown leadership skills all season, was recognized for them last year, too. He wore an 'A' on his Rimouski Oceanic jersey last season in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League.

''It's important to lead by your actions most of all,'' he said. ''It's good to communicate, you don't ever want to worry about that, but to be a leader on the ice and lead by your play is most important. Sometimes actions speak louder than words. I will try to do that.''

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Looks like CROSBY got dinged up in the SABRES game...

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                          • Dec 2003

Yeah, took an errant stick in the foot...

Decent game, 4-3 Sabres in OT...

Power play looked a helluva lot different, Mario in front of the net was strange... Pretty good passing though...

It's gonna take a little time, but they put forth a good effort tonight, we'll see what happens tomorrow afternoon....

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                            ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Hey Nickd!

January 19th, Sabres at Vancouver

Possible Stanley Cup matchup?

Penguins looked good, Therrien a very good coach.

No one can beat us at home...
                            sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

You know, you never know...

I'm pretty sure Buffalo wants a rematch. The CANUCKs drubbed them 5-0 at home. But, the Sab's played the previous night when VANCOUVER rested, and the SABRES had played 7 games in the previous 12 days as I recall. We'll see.

Buffalo has to get past OTTAWA though, but OTTAWA's looking more & more vulnerable as of late.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                                • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                                I fucking LOVE this...

#1, he DESERVES it, I don't give a rat's ass that he's 18 years old.... He's been the best player nearly every game this year, and he's shown the most leadership, even with most of the oldtimers twice his age, which reverts to #2...

#2, this will put some serious heat into those veterans who haven't done squat this year (see: Gonchar, Recchi, LeClair, and yes, some would even say Lemieux)...

Crosby named Penguins' alternate captain

The Pittsburgh Penguins have a new alternate captain - Sidney Crosby.
                                He's gotta a little Jordan-esque with that tongue, don'tcha think ??

Comment

Working...