X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Romeo Delight
    I don't buy it. Dude has been targeted with some pretty cheap shots.

In that Washington game...he gets two shots to the head on the same play...ends up being a huge reason why they beat the Caps, and again a huge contributor in beating the Sens.

All the rest is just people begin jealous. I honestly can;t see any reason to discuss it, it is so ridiculous.

Dude does nothing but man up and win playoff series after playoff series

Yeah, I get that Crosby is a superstar and a very effective player, but to say it's all "jealousy" for not liking him would kind of fail to account for the the other talented NHL stars that don't seem to get the hate. He brings it on himself with his on-ice histrionics FFS...

Comment

• Von Halen
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
      A former Sabre that played with the Red Wings, can't remember which one because this was from a 1990's Sabres' broadcast, but he said when Yzerman was in the early years of his career and in a playoff run with the Wings in the 80's against Edmonton, he was getting fucking crushed nightly. Finally, his "wingman" and all around psychotic mob-like "enforcer" Bob Probert skated over to Gretzky and told him something to the effect of "tell your guys they better lay off Yzerman, or I'm coming for you!."

Gretzky's eyes got wide as "silver dollars" and he skated right over to his bench, and the ice suddenly opened for Yzerman the rest of the series....
      Probert and Kocur were bad motherfuckers!

If only Crosby had a McSorley to protect him!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Well, it's Crosby and Malkin against one of the best top-four defence corp in the NHL...

Comment

• Von Halen
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Gotta beat the Pens and the refs. What a fucking joke.

Comment

• Romeo Delight
            ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

I don't agree with the one offside call/challenge on Subban's disallowed goal. But, technically it was offside.

I would rather have 50-50 ish calls go the way of the way it was called on the ice.

The NHL puts the refs in that spot though...it was the right call, but in my NHL it is counted.

There needs to be a higher penalty for challenges lost...like a 2 min minor.
            sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Romeo Delight
              ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

The Pens are such a snipe-show. Not sure Nashville has a chance.

Rinne is going to have to be all-world to even have a chance. Not sure how any goalie can stop shots like Malkin's last night.

It's over.
              sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Von Halen
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

I agree. It is over. Rinne will have to play much better than he has the last two games, and even then it is tough to stop them with all their puck movement. Just amazing. They'll cycle the puck backwards, and then bam! Insane.

I was hoping Subban was going to destroy that ugly Herman Munster looking Malkin last night!

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                  ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

I hope Nashville wins the next game. Great fans there.

Rinne needs to get back to basics...cut down angles on shots by being aggressive.

Nashville is taking too many cheap shots...be more disciplined..
                  sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Von Halen
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

I hope Nashville wins the next 4!

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                      ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

So I watched game 5 yesterday...

Crosby played the best game anyone has played thus far in this year's playoffs.

So clutch in a crucial game.
                      sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

This is what I hate about Crosby, he rubs his gloves for a long time in Subban's face in a Stanley Cup final but would NEVER do that in a regular season or even playoff game. He's a tough guy now that no one can touch him, but Subban would rip his fucking head off in a non finals game!

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                          ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                          This is what I hate about Crosby, he rubs his gloves for a long time in Subban's face in a Stanley Cup final but would NEVER do that in a regular season or even playoff game. He's a tough guy now that no one can touch him, but Subban would rip his fucking head off in a non finals game!
                          Really? You cant't be touched in a Finals? C'mon, you are better than this.

So petty.
                          sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Von Halen
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

The Official NHL Thread

Well, the refs stole another game for the Pens. The NHL wonders why their ratings are practically zero. What a fucking joke. The ref that blew that whistle on that goal they stole away from Nashville, should never ref a hockey game again, at any level.

Hopefully that locker room hat comes with a big asterisk embroidered on it.

Comment

• twonabomber
                              formerly F A T
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Turned on the local NBC to catch the news and the first thing I heard was "ref you suck!"
                              Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
                                Well, the refs stole another game for the Pens. The NHL wonders why their ratings are practically zero. What a fucking joke. The ref that blew that whistle on that goal they stole away from Nashville, should never ref a hockey game again, at any level.

Hopefully that locker room hat comes with a big asterisk embroidered on it.
                                Von and I agree on so much here LOL. But seriously, the ref is a total fucking jerkoff . It's hard to see the puck with your head up your asshole...

Comment

Working...