Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fucking figures...I move away from the city and AlMo re-ups with the fucking Devils....gonna have to buy Center Ice Now.

Comment

• Question for the Canucks...

How is that NHL Network ??

That's part of the OLN/Comcast deal, they're adding it to the US Cable Networks....

Center Ice is a must for me AlMo...

Most of the Pens games are on FSN Pittsburgh, but because in my area the "local" team is the Caps for hockey, those are the only ones that aren't blacked out....
      Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
        Question for the Canucks...

How is that NHL Network ??

That's part of the OLN/Comcast deal, they're adding it to the US Cable Networks....

Center Ice is a must for me AlMo...

Most of the Pens games are on FSN Pittsburgh, but because in my area the "local" team is the Caps for hockey, those are the only ones that aren't blacked out....
        "NHL Network" ???? what do you mean???

I thought ESPN did a good job.

Locally, the Canucks have a small number of games otherwise unavailable for pay-per-view.

We don't mind supporting the Canucks in this way - it is an excuse to have friends over for beers and share in the cost.

Other than that we have excellent local coverage of most games.

This year, even the CBC won't be able to ignore the Canucks.

Usually, every second Saturday night game is a Leaf's game. The country will not accept the status quo this year as the Leafs will suck balls.
        sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Originally posted by Full Bug
          I'm gonna laugh when even though the Pens have added so much they still wont make the playoffs..... [/B]
          Ummm... what planet are you from? Won't even make the play-offs? That's just absurd!
          Yo Yo Yo

Comment

• Originally posted by DavidFlamma
            "NHL Network" ???? what do you mean???

I thought ESPN did a good job.

Locally, the Canucks have a small number of games otherwise unavailable for pay-per-view.

We don't mind supporting the Canucks in this way - it is an excuse to have friends over for beers and share in the cost.

Other than that we have excellent local coverage of most games.

This year, even the CBC won't be able to ignore the Canucks.

Usually, every second Saturday night game is a Leaf's game. The country will not accept the status quo this year as the Leafs will suck balls.

I didn't mean "canucks" as in Vancouver Canucks, I meant it as a nickname for Canadians....

I was referring to THIS NHL Network..

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
              I didn't mean "canucks" as in Vancouver Canucks, I meant it as a nickname for Canadians....

I was referring to THIS NHL Network..

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl_network/
              I know what you meant

We honestly don't care either way. We would be happy if there was more interest in US, but we have such great coverage of hockey that it doesn't affect us.

The local sports talk radio stations have talked hockey throughout the strike - so you can imagine what it will be like once the season begins and Calgary, Edmonton, and Vancouver dominate.
              sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• January 10th, I'll take the Leafs for $20.00 Flamma.

Comment

• Originally posted by aesop
                  Ummm... what planet are you from? Won't even make the play-offs? That's just absurd!
                  Ummm, I was kidding...
                  Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"

Comment

• Originally posted by guwapo_rocker
                    January 10th, I'll take the Leafs for $20.00 Flamma.
                    Sounds good!!

If I win, I'll give my winnings to Roth Army!!
                    sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• "Loser" donates to Army, Guwapo??
                      sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

"Loser" donates to Army, Guwapo??
                        Deal

Comment

• Free Agent Selanne returns to Ducks

The Mighty Ducks of Anaheim announced today that the National Hockey League (NHL) club has signed free agent right wing Teemu Selanne to a one-year contract. Per club policy, no financial terms of the deal were disclosed.

"We expect Teemu Selanne to be an impact player for us, both on the ice and in the community," said Executive Vice President/General Manager Brian Burke. "His skating and goal-scoring ability should fit nicely with our new style of play."

Selanne, 35, has appeared in 394 games with the Mighty Ducks during his career, scoring 482 points. He ranks among Anaheim's all-time leaders in several categories, including goals (second), points (second) and assists (third).

Since entering the league in 1992-93, Selanne ranks second in the NHL in goals with 452 (Jaromir Jagr, 478) and fourth in points with 951. The 6-0, 204-pound winger led the Ducks in goals in three of his four full seasons with the club and has averaged 37 goals per year over his 12 NHL seasons.

In addition to his nine All-Star Games, Selanne won the 1999 Maurice "Rocket" Richard Trophy, given to the league's top goal scorer as well as the 1993 Calder Memorial Trophy, given to the league's top rookie. He has twice been named a First-Team NHL All-Star (1993, 1997), twice named a Second-Team All-Star (1998, 1999) and was chosen to be a member of the NHL's 1993 All-Rookie Team.

In 2003-2004, Selanne appeared in 78 games with Colorado, earning 16-16=32 points with 32 penalty minutes and a +2 rating. He added 0-3=3 points in 10 playoff games with the club following the regular season.

Selanne was traded from Anaheim to San Jose for Jeff Friesen, Steve Shields and future considerations on March 5, 2001. He was originally acquired by Anaheim from Winnipeg with Marc Chouinard and a fourth round draft pick in 1996 in exchange for Chad Kilger, Oleg Tverdovsky & and a third round pick in the 1996 draft on February 7, 1996.

A native of Helsinki, Finland, Selanne was drafted by Winnipeg in the first round (10th overall) of the 1988 NHL Entry Draft.

Link

Comment

• Wow, now this is what I call a major trade...

Senators sign and trade Hossa for Heatley

TSN.ca Staff with CP files

8/23/2005 7:26:45 PM

The Ottawa Senators and Atlanta Thrashers pulled off a blockbuster swap on Tuesday, as the Senators acquired sniper Dany Heatley in exchange for forward Marian Hossa and defenceman Greg de Vries.

Heatley, a restricted free agent, has also agreed to a three-year, $13.5 million US deal with Ottawa.

"We had approached the Thrashers a couple of weeks ago requesting a change of environment," agent Stacey McAlpine told The Canadian Press. "It was an extremely difficult decision, but we all worked together to try and get things resolved and it looks like we were able to do that."

The move gives Heatley a fresh start, away from Atlanta where he was involved in a high-speed car crash in the fall of 2003 that resulted in the death of friend and teammate Dan Snyder and left Heatley with multiple injuries.

''Over the course of time, we experienced some unfortunate incidents and encountered some challenging issues,'' McAlpine said. ''I think it was a combination of several things that slowly, over time, led us to the decision that it might be in everybody's best interests to work together to try to find a new opportunity, a new home, a new place to play.''

''Certainly, some of those issues were more important than others,'' he said. "Ultimately, this decision for us wasn't so much of a business decision. It was more of a life decision.''

For the Senators, they get some relief from Hossa's freshly minted big-ticket salary while acquiring a big name in exchange.

The deal comes hours after the Senators avoided salary arbitration with Hossa by signing the star forward to an $18-million US, three-year deal.

A source said Hossa will earn $5 million this season, $6 million in 2006-07 and $7 million the following season. Heatley will receive $3.5-million, $4.5-million and $5.5-million over the next three seasons and will be an unrestricted free agent when the deal expires.

"It creates a very good opportunity for us to try to hold this club together. That's been our objective right from Day 1 . . . because we feel that we're a contender again this year," said Senators GM John Muckler.

"We had to do it also because of the talent level of the player that we received. . . . He makes our team younger, he makes our team bigger. He's six foot three, 215 pounds, he's got a great upside. I think he'll be a delight to watch and I think the people in Ottawa are going to enjoy him."

Ottawa already had a payroll of some $31 million for this season, meaning a big Hossa settlement would push them near the $39-million salary cap. Most teams are also trying to leave a gap under the cap, so they have some room in case of injuries.

Hossa, 26, led the Senators with 36 goals and 46 assists in 2003-04, the last season before the lockout. He has scored 20 goals or more the last four NHL seasons, collecting 188 goals and 202 assists in 467 career games, all with Ottawa.

Heatley, 24, has 80 goals and 101 assists in 190 NHL regular-season games although injuries from the car crash limited him to 13 goals and 12 assists in 31 games in 2003-04.

He was injured again while playing in Switzerland during the lockout when a puck struck him in the face, breaking the orbital bone.

The second overall pick in the 2000 draft, he was the league's top rookie in 2001-02. His best season was 2002-03, when he had 41 goals and 48 assists. But his career was derailed in September 2003.

The MVP of the 2004 IIHF men's world hockey championship, Heatley was driving his Ferrari convertible on a curved road in a residential area when it ran into a brick pillar and iron fence. Snyder, a passenger, died after several days in a coma.

In February, Heatley was sentenced to three years of probation and ordered to give 150 speeches about the dangers of speeding after pleading guilty in the death of Snyder in a plea bargain.

Muckler is optimistic that Heatley will regain his form. "I have no doubts in my mind that he's going to get back to where he was before. It's going to be a great challenge for him to come to Ottawa and show that he can play at the elite level that he once did."

Comment

I know what you meant

We honestly don't care either way. We would be happy if there was more interest in US, but we have such great coverage of hockey that it doesn't affect us.

The local sports talk radio stations have talked hockey throughout the strike - so you can imagine what it will be like once the season begins and Calgary, Edmonton, and Vancouver dominate.
                              Some of us in the STATES get that coverage on HOCKEY NIGHT IN CANADA!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                                Some of us in the STATES get that coverage on HOCKEY NIGHT IN CANADA!
                                What's great (grate?) in Canada is that each team has it's local, regional coverage (Much like the Rangers have).

Each of those is better than the US national NHL coverage (except for Toronto)

For future reference, assume that when I refer to Canada or Canadian hockey, always exclude Toronto

Thx :p
                                sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

Working...
                                X