Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fourthcoming

Complete and utter depression has fully set in. The better team won......thanks Rangers for a good season.....Let's go Kings.

Comment

• atomicpnk47
      Head Fluffer
      • Feb 2007

Tough loss. NY pretty much dominated most of the game but give the Devils credit they did what they had to do.....However - GO KINGS!!!

Comment

• Green Manalishi
        Head Fluffer
        • Jul 2010

Kings vs. Devils . Sounds kinda Biblical doesn't it ? It's gonna be a good one .
        Congrats to both teams for just making it to the Cup . That's half the battle .
        May the best team actually win .

Comment

• fourthcoming

I hate to say it, but I think the Devils are winning the cup.

Comment

• Von Halen
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

The final battle for Lord Stanley's Cup begins tonight!

Should be a great series. I hope the layoff hasn't dampened the Kings momentum.

All the fair weather hockey fans in Detroit are bitching about a 6 and 8 seed playing in the Finals. Well, maybe their Dead Wings shouldn't have bitched up! Besides, both of these teams knocked off top teams. They deserve to be there.

Comment

• fourthcoming

They both definitely deserve to be there. Both teams played great hockey towards the end of the season and it carried over into the playoffs. I can't stand the Devils....especially after they beat my Rangers and I hope I'm wrong but I can't see them losing. Not that I don't think the Kings are solid, but both teams play different styles of hockey and I think the Devils style will win out.

Comment

• Von Halen
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

If the Kings keep up their ability to score like they have been in these playoffs, they will beat the Devils.

Comment

• fourthcoming

I hope your right dude.....I do not want to see the Devils win the cup......but Western conference hockey is alot different from steady forechecking, eastern conference hockey....we will see.

Comment

• So this is love
                    Veteran
                    • Jan 2012

its time for this Stanley Cup final to start enough talking...the longer the wait the longer it favors the Devils.....I pick the Kings to win but I have been wrong before
                    Now who`s that babe with the fab-u-lous shad-ow?

Comment

• VH Drummer
                      Roadie
                      • May 2009

Well...this sucks, but it frees up some more money for them to spend.

After 20 seasons with the Red Wings, defenseman Nicklas Lidstrom has decided to retire.

He will make the announcement at 11 a.m. Thursday at Joe Louis Arena, a source has confirmed to the Free Press.

Lidstrom, 42, has been with the Wings since the 1991-92 season. He has won four Stanley Cups in Detroit and seven Norris trophies recognizing his stature as one of the best defensemen in hockey history. He was named the Conn Smythe Trophy winner in the 2002 playoffs and in 2008, he became the first European born-and-trainer player to captain a team to the NHL title.

Attempts to reach Lidstrom were unsuccessful. Reached following general manager meetings in New York, Ken Holland said "Nick has earned the right to announce what his decision is himself. From my end, I'm staying quiet."

Lidstrom has been the team's captain since 2006. Henrik Zetterberg is expected to be his successor.
                      2012: 2/10 The Darkness, 2/20 Van Halen, 3/3 The Black Keys

Comment

• Von Halen
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by VH Drummer
                        Well...this sucks, but it frees up some more money for them to spend.

After 20 seasons with the Red Wings, defenseman Nicklas Lidstrom has decided to retire.

He will make the announcement at 11 a.m. Thursday at Joe Louis Arena, a source has confirmed to the Free Press.

Lidstrom, 42, has been with the Wings since the 1991-92 season. He has won four Stanley Cups in Detroit and seven Norris trophies recognizing his stature as one of the best defensemen in hockey history. He was named the Conn Smythe Trophy winner in the 2002 playoffs and in 2008, he became the first European born-and-trainer player to captain a team to the NHL title.

Attempts to reach Lidstrom were unsuccessful. Reached following general manager meetings in New York, Ken Holland said "Nick has earned the right to announce what his decision is himself. From my end, I'm staying quiet."

Lidstrom has been the team's captain since 2006. Henrik Zetterberg is expected to be his successor.
                        Maybe now they can get a real defenseman. One that isn't a pussy.

But that shot from the point is not going to be replaced. I will give him that. I talked to an ex NHL goalie one time, and he said Lidstrom had the hardest shot he has ever faced. Said he couldn't even explain it, it was just nasty hard.

Comment

• Von Halen
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Good game last night. 9-0 on the road in these Playoffs. Wow. The Kings are on a mission.

Comment

• fourthcoming

Definitely a good game last night.....I am not a Kings fan.....but I'm definitely rooting for them to win this thing.

Comment

• atomicpnk47
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Von Halen
                              Maybe now they can get a real defenseman. One that isn't a pussy.

But that shot from the point is not going to be replaced. I will give him that. I talked to an ex NHL goalie one time, and he said Lidstrom had the hardest shot he has ever faced. Said he couldn't even explain it, it was just nasty hard.
                              Say hello to Shea Weber...

Comment

• VAN HLN CA
                                Foot Soldier
                                • Apr 2005

k o p i t a r

Comment

Working...