X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Romeo Delight
    ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

just saw highlights of detroit pre-season...stands were half full.

For Canuck's intra-squad game, 14,000 came!
    sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Romeo Delight
      ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Anson Carter to play with the sisters (Hanson brothers, Sedins).

Is this the breakout year for the young Swedes?

No excuses with a bruising finisher like Carter!

I'm almost pitying the rest of the league...

Reaction??!!
      sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Romeo Delight
        ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

We will need a new thread when season begins, but for the US hockey fans...The Canucks had their first pre-season game tonight and over 18,000 people showed up! Couldn't find a ticket...to a pre-season game. Crazy
        sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
          • Dec 2003

Nah, I'll just change the title....
          Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
            • Dec 2003

Three more days until the season openers....

The Pens sent Fleury down to the Baby Penguins, along with 10 others, to finalize the roster... Regardless of what the team will say, it was strictly a financial decision...

Not many other surprises though....

They play their final preseason game tonight in the Igloo against the Caps... Ovechkin put on a show Friday night, including a hat trick and 4 points, against a totally-young Pens lineup... They're using tonight's game as a dress rehearsal, pretty much fully-loading their lineup like it will be Wednesday night in New Joisey....

Here's their probable lineup...

Forwards

Ryan Malone-Mario Lemieux-Ziggy Palffy
            John LeClair-Sidney Crosby-Mark Recchi
            Matt Murley-Lasse Pirjeta-Konstantin Koltsov
            Rico Fata-Maxime Talbot-Ryan VandenBussche

Defense
            Josef Melichar-Sergei Gonchar
            Dick Tarnstrom-Ric Jackman
            Brooks Orpik-Rob Scuderi

Goaltenders

Jocelyn Thibault
            Sebastien Caron

After Wednesday, they go down to Raleigh Friday night, where my youngest son and I will be there for the Canes' home opener.... Should be a raucous crowd, including a few thousand Pens fans....

The Pens have their home opener next Saturday against the Bruins...

Game on !!!!!

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Romeo Delight
              ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

The Sedin sisters - no more!

They picked apart Edmonton last night. Sedins and anson Carter scoring at will!

If this continues Canucks will walk, that is walk to Cup.

They looked that good. A few breakdowns defensively, but it is better than anyone could have hoped for.
              sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Thorman
                Commando
                • Apr 2005

Dave, you could not have said it better..Those two looked bigger,s tronger, and so much more confident and natural around the puck...I do expect big things this year from those two.....

BAM

http://www.topthat.net/webrock/sounds/bamm.wav

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                  ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Hey Thorman, this is not a joke or anything and no hidden meaning, other than if you know what it means, I may know of you...

What is "the pauser"?

If you have no clue just say so
                  sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Thorman
                    Commando
                    • Apr 2005

Originally posted by DavidFlamma
                    Hey Thorman, this is not a joke or anything and no hidden meaning, other than if you know what it means, I may know of you...

What is "the pauser"?

If you have no clue just say so
                    As in..." The Canucks have to get Bure out of retirement if they want to win the cup. And one other thing, Mr Burke and the rest of the weenies running Orca Bay should hire me, the Pauser, to be their pro scout cause I have more knowledge of pro hockey then anyone else..."

Oh yes, is he not still banished to the penalty box?

BAM
                    http://www.topthat.net/webrock/sounds/bamm.wav

Comment

• SammySucks1984
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Feb 2005

The devils are the team to watch
                      Why do women need driver's Licenses? there aren't many roads between the bedroom and the kitchen.

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                        ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Thorman
                        As in..." The Canucks have to get Bure out of retirement if they want to win the cup. And one other thing, Mr Burke and the rest of the weenies running Orca Bay should hire me, the Pauser, to be their pro scout cause I have more knowledge of pro hockey then anyone else..."

Oh yes, is he not still banished to the penalty box?

BAM

Well, I know WHERE you are from...for a while there I thought you were the pauser (given your rep here):p
                        sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by SammySucks1984
                          The devils are the team to watch
                          Watch them get their ass whooped tomorrow night....

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                            • Dec 2003

So much for that prediction....

One down, 81 to go...

So good to watch a fast, free-flowing hockey game again....

Disappointing result, to say the least... Devils played a good game though....

Brodeur was standing on his frickin' head in the 1st period, the Pens were peppering him and he stopped every one of them...

Combine the afore-mentioned head-standing with some fortunate bounces that went the Devils' way, and you have the 5-1 final...

I felt the Pens' power play was awful sluggish, too much standing around, not enough puck movement.... Had three different 5-on-3's as well....

As for Crosby, I'm really impressed the more I see him play how great a passer he is.... No doubt, this kid will get more than his fair share of points....

Of course, everyone wanted to compare Mario's goal on his 1st shift/1st shot, and if it wasn't for a nice save from Marty on a nifty backhand, Crosby would have had one as well....

And leave it up to the idiotic Jersey fans to chant "overrated" to Crosby in the 3rd period... What a ridiculous thing to say in the kid's 1st NHL game at age 18...

I tell you what, he arguably had the best game for the Pens.... I though Palffy was tight all night and Leclair was mostly non-existent...

Oh well, I've got the Monte Carlo SS in the shop today getting a bunch of shit done for it's 30K checkup, and then it's down to Raleigh tomorrow....

I'd like to believe that you'll see a better result.....

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                              Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Despite having Crosby play with Lemieux, the Pens are still a financial mess.

But that's for another discussion.

Anyhow, great to see THE COOLEST GAME IN THE WORLD back on!
                              =V V=
                              ole No.1 The finest
                              EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                                • Dec 2003

Actually, they're not anymore Vincenzo...

They've almost sold out the season, and have paid off 100% of their debt...

I'll be up there for the holidays, can't wait until I see Leafs/Pens on Dec. 27th...

Just have to get the new arena secured now...

Comment

Working...