X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Romeo Delight
    ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Naslund will score at least 60 goals

Marcus Naslund was in late season form last night, with two highlight reel goals.

Bert sent him in on one that is sure to be a common sight. When Bert gets in top shape (he was fighting back problems) it is going to be ridiculous.

They will score like Gretz and co. in the 80's, mark my words. Rule changes are going to work well for Canucks!!!
    sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
      • Dec 2003

You sure you guys don't want Alex Stojanov back for Naslund ??

Worst trade in Pens history...
      Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• guwapo_rocker

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
        Actually, they're not anymore Vincenzo...

They've almost sold out the season, and have paid off 100% of their debt...

I'll be up there for the holidays, can't wait until I see Leafs/Pens on Dec. 27th...

Just have to get the new arena secured now...
        Leafs vs. Pens Dec. 27th? Hmmmmmm sounds like a roadtrip.

Hey Moose....

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by guwapo_rocker
          Leafs vs. Pens Dec. 27th? Hmmmmmm sounds like a roadtrip.

Hey Moose....
          You'd better hurry if you're serious, tickets to the whole season are going fast...

You can sit pretty close to my son and I with these tickets that are available...

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
            • Dec 2003

Great game last night in Raleigh for my son and I, although the 3-2 shootout loss wasn't the result we were looking for ....

As usual, about 3,000 or so Pens fan joined the other 16,000 Canes fans for the home opener in Raleigh....

Pretty loud crowd there, always has been...

Had great lower level seats next to the Pens tunnel and made our way right next to there to get closeup views of the Pens as they came out and made their pregame skate.... Malone tossed a puck up to a Pens family with a baby girl right next to us, nice gesture....Appeared that Crosby is really trying to just blend in with the rest of the team....

The Pens spotted the Canes their first goal, with Fata deflecting the puck in the net trying to defend a breakaway...

Stillman scored on a sweet breakaway deke to Caron, didn't look good after 2 periods, 2-0 Canes...

After Malone scored midway in the 3rd period to make it 2-1, several penalties ensued, and the Pens finally tied it with just over a minute to go.... Crosby had a GREAT fake shot/pass to Ziggy for the tap in....

I can't repeat it enough fellas how great a passer and puckhandler Crosby is.... He's not really getting too many scoring opportunities from his teammates at this point though....

They made a couple of changes in the lines... The 1st line was Lemieux-Malone-Koltsov (obviously because of Koltsov's blazing speed), then made the 2nd line Recchi-Crosby-Palffy, which worked great, that line worked very well.... Looks like they temporarily (?) put LeClair on the 3rd line....

The OT was uneventful, then came the shootout.... The Pens brought out Lemieux, Ziggy, and Crosby.....

Before the shootout started, Lemieux stood at center ice by himself, trying to psyche out the rookie goalie... The crowd absolutely ROARED at him, it was really something....

Of course, Mario tried to go top-shelf glove-side, and not 5 hole like he's done a million times before, and gets stopped...

Ziggy had him beat on his backhand, but missed the goal wide....

Crosby tried to go 5-hole, but missed, and since the Canes had already scored in the shootout, the game was over....

The NHL handed out mini Stanley Cups for all NHL home openers (for those who've had theirs already, the Pens' is tonight).... I guess they're not too cheap, nice little trinket I guess....

Oh well, better luck next time.... Hopefully next time I can bring along that bastard that lives in Raleigh...

Comment

• guwapo_rocker

You'd better hurry if you're serious, tickets to the whole season are going fast...

You can sit pretty close to my son and I with these tickets that are available...

https://www.ticketmaster.com/checkou...YyK1lmgL4DO_qA
              Thanks, I'll email Moose.

Comment

• Dave's PA Rental
                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

The NHL handed out mini Stanley Cups for all NHL home openers (for those who've had theirs already, the Pens' is tonight).... I guess they're not too cheap, nice little trinket I guess....
                Yeah, and in Boston the fans pelted the ice with them after a late power play goal put the Canadiens up a goal with about a minute to go...

I was trying to watch the game tonight (Pens/Bruins) to assess Crosby, but with whistles every 15 seconds or so I couldnt take it anymore...maybe I'll try and catch the end of the 3rd right now...
                Maybe this is what a heroine addict feels like after getting a long awaited fix, shooting up in the corner of some abandoned building and just not giving a fuck about what the rest of the world thinks...TATTOO"

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                  ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Well, before season I predicted Maple lafs would go at least 0-14 for their first Saturday night games...

One down, 13 to go!!
                  sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Dave's PA Rental
                    Yeah, and in Boston the fans pelted the ice with them after a late power play goal put the Canadiens up a goal with about a minute to go...

I was trying to watch the game tonight (Pens/Bruins) to assess Crosby, but with whistles every 15 seconds or so I couldnt take it anymore...maybe I'll try and catch the end of the 3rd right now...
                    They were supposed to give them away on the way OUT, to prevent scenes like that...

As far as Crosby goes, 1st NHL goal and two more great assists.... 2 goals for #66 also, but they lose in OT 7-6....

Comment

• guwapo_rocker

Originally posted by DavidFlamma
                      Well, before season I predicted Maple lafs would go at least 0-14 for their first Saturday night games...

One down, 13 to go!!
                      Aki Berg and Wade Belak were paired on defence for the tying goal,

and then sent right back out to allow the winning goal.

WHY??!!:confused:

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                        ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by guwapo_rocker
                        Aki Berg and Wade Belak were paired on defence for the tying goal,

and then sent right back out to allow the winning goal.

WHY??!!:confused:

In this new NHL, any old school defencemen are looking foolish!

If they can't use sticks at all, how can they keep up with speedy forwards??

I am surprised so many teams stuck by their d-men in these cases
                        sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                          • Dec 2003

What I'm absolutely shocked about so far is how the D-men are petrified to check anyone near the net...

The forwards are basically skating in untouched !!!

Comment

• ALinChainz
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DavidFlamma
                            In this new NHL, any old school defencemen are looking foolish!

If they can't use sticks at all, how can they keep up with speedy forwards??

I am surprised so many teams stuck by their d-men in these cases
                            I am too.

St. Louis letting Pronger get away baffles me. I know he made a ton, but he is arguably the best defenseman in the game.

They think these rules will get more fans, I don't see it.

Comment

• ALinChainz
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jan 2004

What I'm absolutely shocked about so far is how the D-men are petrified to check anyone near the net...

The forwards are basically skating in untouched !!!
                              They really aren't finding much resistance.

The "offensive" defenseman will be huge ...

Lidstrom, Leech, guys like that ...

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                                ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

looks like things are starting to sort themselves out...

Goalies were getting nailed because d-men couldn't clear out pussy, visor-wearing euros, so league is starting to be a little more lax in applying rules closer to net.

Games are quick, and some I have watched had few whistles and non-stop play.

I still think 2-line pass is bogus. Better to reward teams with extra point for win if they score 5 goals or more. That would end trap without changing fundamental rule of game.

Interesting that rule changes came ONLY after salary cap was implemented, so that teams wouldn't have to shell out raises for higher goal totals
                                sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

Working...