6. Columbus
    5. Montreal
    4. Minnesota
    3. Carolina
    2. Anaheim
    1. Penguins

Comment

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
      All I know is the Penguins have no chance of winning the lottery, just not in the cards....
      WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!

I LOVE IT WHEN I'M WRONG !!!!!!

Penguins win lottery for top NHL draft pick
      New York, NY (Sports Network) - The Sidney Crosby sweepstakes were held Friday, and the Pittsburgh Penguins won the right to select the phenom at next Saturday's NHL Entry Draft in Ottawa.

The Penguins were one of four teams with better odds in the slightly weighted draft drawing that gave all 30 teams a chance at securing the first- overall pick. The Blue Jackets, Rangers and Sabres were the other teams with the odds in their favor.

Crosby is the most anticipated NHL draft prospect in several years. A star center for the Rimouski Oceanic of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League, Crosby tallied 120 goals and 183 assists in his last two years of junior hockey. This past season for the Oceanic he netted 66 goals and 102 assists in just 62 games.

Crosby has already cashed in on his fame before being selected by an NHL club. In March he inked a multi-year, multi-million dollar endorsement deal with Reebok.

The Mighty Ducks of Anaheim will select second with Carolina, Minnesota, Montreal, Columbus, Chicago, Atlanta, Ottawa and Vancouver rounding out the top 10.

The Los Angeles Kings own the 11th pick with San Jose, Buffalo, Washington and the New York Islanders completing the top 15. The New York Rangers have the 16th pick followed by Phoenix, Nashville, Detroit and Philadelphia.

Toronto has the 21st pick followed by Boston, New Jersey and St. Louis.

Edmonton will pick 25th followed by Calgary, Colorado, Dallas, Florida. The defending Stanley Cup champion Tampa Bay Lightning will be last.
      Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

Lucky bastards....Yet the Pens will still find a way to suck....
        Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"

Comment

Minnesota got 4th pick, that's cool...

Comment

Minnesota has a team? I thought the North Stars folded years ago....
            Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"

Comment

Originally posted by Full Bug
              Minnesota has a team? I thought the North Stars folded years ago....
              Is Ceasar Maneago still the goalie?

Comment

Originally posted by guwapo_rocker
                Is Ceasar Maneago still the goalie?
                Yes. And JP Parise still plays wing.
                Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

Originally posted by Full Bug
                  Lucky bastards....Yet the Pens will still find a way to suck....
                  I doubt they'll "suck", that's just jealous humor Bugger...

I mean let's be realistic, they're not printing Stanley Cup final tickets just yet...

But the Pens were smart the last two years before the lockout, they purposely got rid of the big contracts so they would be in a position to sign bigger names and lower prices when the new CBA came...

So guys like Kovalev and Lang may very well be coming back to the 'Burgh, but this time at a much lower prices...

Also, look for Zhamnov and Niedermayer to be signed as well...

In addition, don't forget that there is tentative new ownership, and that equals new money to sign new players...

But that 1st line of Lemieux, Crosby, and Recchi doesn't sound too bad, does it ???

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

I'm still absolutely fucking shocked, I can't believe they were lucky enough to win the lottery...

I've been watching the Pittsburgh shows tonight, as well as the websites, and the town is buzzing...

I almost didn't get to see the drawing...

I listened to picks 30-20 in the car on XM Radio...

Ran inside, and right then a storm was coming over the house, and my fookin' satellite lost the signal for a few minutes...

Came back on, they were down to the final 10...

So I'm thinking now, "well, it'll be a good player, but no way we get #1"...

Top 5...

Top 2...

HOLY SHIT !!!!

Gotta see what the new schedules look like now for some road trips !!!!

Comment

hey VA...congrats on the top pick! Im shocked! Thank god this kid isnt going to be playing for the Mighty Ducks out west...
                      Maybe this is what a heroine addict feels like after getting a long awaited fix, shooting up in the corner of some abandoned building and just not giving a fuck about what the rest of the world thinks...TATTOO"

Comment

Yeah, but then you listen to selfish Canadians like Bob McKenzie, who said something along the lines of "if Crosby goes to a big market team like the Rangers or the Leafs it'll be great for the NHL, but if a small market team (mentions the Penguins and other teams) get him "somehow, it will be bad for hockey"

I've always loved the Canadians passion for hockey, but sometimes they think the hockey world revolves around them...

If that was the case, there'd be more than 6 Canadian teams in the NHL....

Comment

Bob McKenzie is kind of an idiot anyway, there are many others whose views I would be more interested in hearing on this subject....

Comment

I hear ya Bug, that comment really irritated me....

I'm still in shock....

Just thinking about the ramifications....

And don't forget Malkin from last year !!!!

The NHL signed a deal with the IHF yesterday, which should facilitate getting Malkin signed and over to the 'Burgh from Russia....

Wow, Lemieux, Crosby, and Malkin as your 1st 3 lines at center...

I'll take that...

Comment

I edited the thread title, hope you don't mind Guwapo....

And the Flyers have made the first move....

Wow, this transitional period is REALLY gonna be interesting....

Flyers buy out LeClair and Amonte

Associated Press

7/23/2005 11:40:32 AM

PHILADELPHIA (AP) - The Philadelphia Flyers are buying out the contracts of forwards John LeClair and Tony Amonte.

The buyouts will be announced at a news conference scheduled for Saturday morning, team spokesman Zach Hill said.

The 36-year-old LeClair spent 10 years with the Flyers, and was a member of the famed "Legion of Doom'' line with Eric Lindros and Mikael Renberg in the mid-1990s. He tallied 382 goals and 379 assists overall in the regular season in his career with the Flyers and the Montreal Canadiens; he had 42 goals and 47 assists in the playoffs.

LeClair, who entered the lockout due $9 million US this season, was to make $6.84 million after the leaguewide 24 per cent pay cut.

Amonte, who started the lockout at about $5.61 million, was due $4.26 million. In 14 seasons with New York, Chicago, Phoenix and Philadelphia, Amonte tallied 392 goals and 436 assists in the regular season; he had 20 goals and 31 assists in 86 playoff games.

The buyouts will give the Flyers room to make qualifying offers to restricted free agents and begin negotiations with unsigned rookies.

Comment

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                                WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!

I LOVE IT WHEN I'M WRONG !!!!!!

Penguins win lottery for top NHL draft pick
                                New York, NY (Sports Network) - The Sidney Crosby sweepstakes were held Friday, and the Pittsburgh Penguins won the right to select the phenom at next Saturday's NHL Entry Draft in Ottawa.

The Penguins were one of four teams with better odds in the slightly weighted draft drawing that gave all 30 teams a chance at securing the first- overall pick. The Blue Jackets, Rangers and Sabres were the other teams with the odds in their favor.

Crosby is the most anticipated NHL draft prospect in several years. A star center for the Rimouski Oceanic of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League, Crosby tallied 120 goals and 183 assists in his last two years of junior hockey. This past season for the Oceanic he netted 66 goals and 102 assists in just 62 games.

Crosby has already cashed in on his fame before being selected by an NHL club. In March he inked a multi-year, multi-million dollar endorsement deal with Reebok.

The Mighty Ducks of Anaheim will select second with Carolina, Minnesota, Montreal, Columbus, Chicago, Atlanta, Ottawa and Vancouver rounding out the top 10.

The Los Angeles Kings own the 11th pick with San Jose, Buffalo, Washington and the New York Islanders completing the top 15. The New York Rangers have the 16th pick followed by Phoenix, Nashville, Detroit and Philadelphia.

Toronto has the 21st pick followed by Boston, New Jersey and St. Louis.

Edmonton will pick 25th followed by Calgary, Colorado, Dallas, Florida. The defending Stanley Cup champion Tampa Bay Lightning will be last.
                                penguins rock!
                                " There is only one Van Hagar-Sammy,Eddie,Alex and Mike"-Brett Norton

Comment

Working...
                                X