X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Romeo Delight
    ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
    I hear the trade-rumor winds are a swirlin' in Western Canada this evening with the SABRES on their extended road trip. RICK JENNERET, the SABRES combustible, legendary play-by-play man, was called by a couple of papers in VANCOUVER regarding a deal for BIRON.

But the SABRES claim the best they've been offered is only a 2nd-round pick for him. We'll see...

Biron wants to be THE MAN. He will get the chance here. Auld is good, but not yet ready for the #1.

Thing about Biron, take away his 13-game winning streak, and all you have is an average goalie.

Still, the city would welcome him with open arms.

We don't want to lose a Jovo or Bert to get Theodore/Luongo, although it could be the way to go. I like both of those players too much...
    sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Nickdfresh
      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by DavidFlamma
      Biron wants to be THE MAN. He will get the chance here. Auld is good, but not yet ready for the #1.

Thing about Biron, take away his 13-game winning streak, and all you have is an average goalie.

Still, the city would welcome him with open arms.

We don't want to lose a Jovo or Bert to get Theodore/Luongo, although it could be the way to go. I like both of those players too much...
      That's pretty true. BIRON has had a journeyman career so far. But he is for real, I've never seen him so focused as during that streak, he also was much more durable than he had been in the past. One of the biggest knocks against him was that he's too small to be a frontline, starting NHL goalie. But he's showed he can do it night in and night out. I think he'd be better off starting for someone, he gets rusty on that bench, too good to sit on it...

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
        Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
        They're not selling them with an "A" in Pittsburgh yet, I just bought one for my son at XMAS time...
        Its gonna be a collectors item very soon.

Pens are now up for sale.
        =V V=
        ole No.1 The finest
        EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
          • Dec 2003

Don't read into it....

It was very much an expected course of events...

Mario has said from day one that he would eventually sell the team...

In addition, all of these hockey "experts" who spout off about the Penguins moving need to realize that ANY group that buys the team MUST agree to go along with the gaming plan that they've already applied for, that keeps the team in the Burgh...

It all STILL boils down to getting the slots license....

Now if the Pens' group doesn't get the license, Mario just stated yesterday that it won't be he that moved the team....
          Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
            Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
            Don't read into it....

It was very much an expected course of events...

Mario has said from day one that he would eventually sell the team...

In addition, all of these hockey "experts" who spout off about the Penguins moving need to realize that ANY group that buys the team MUST agree to go along with the gaming plan that they've already applied for, that keeps the team in the Burgh...

It all STILL boils down to getting the slots license....

Now if the Pens' group doesn't get the license, Mario just stated yesterday that it won't be he that moved the team....
            If they don't get the Slots license, it doesn't look good for them.
            =V V=
            ole No.1 The finest
            EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Romeo Delight
              ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

City will give him the license.

They have too much to lose. One thing to not fund stadium, but quite another to essentially send team packing.

Mario is such a hero for staying loyal to team for this long. He has payed a huge financial price, with deferred salaries from over a decade ago, taking equity in team instead.

I hope the guy can approach break-even, considering more lucrative investments he could have been involved in
              sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                • Dec 2003

Well, not just too keep the Pens there, but their proposal is clearly the best for the city...

One BILLION dollar revitalization project in that section of the city....

Thousands of new jobs....

100% of the money for the new arena will come from the investors, absolutely no money from the city/state...
                Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                  ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

So it;s January 22 and, of course, that signifies the end of inter-conference play in the NHL?

What?

Best to fix this before next year. It sure was nice to see the mighty Nucks score six goals in 14 minutes to put away the Habs in the first period.

You would not believe the number of Hab/Maple Lafs fans in the stands when they come to town. They were pretty quiet last night.

I guess the Rangers, Philly, and other Eastern teams are running this league now. There are some great Canadian rivalries that have to wait 3 years to resume???
                  I think not.

Canucks are 9-1 against their weaker sister Eastern conference.
                  sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                    ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Ok, the officiating is really starting to piss me off.

Sure Detroit was the better team tonight against Vancouver...

But the winning goal came on a power play for the most subtle of hooks against Morrison.

Fuck! I wouldn't want to win that way...where is the glory?

Refs need to be able to have discretion. If it affects play significantly then call those borderline calls.

I know I know, they just shouldn't use their sticks. It just makes game suffer for such an anti-climactic ending
                    sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by DavidFlamma

Canucks are 9-1 against their weaker sister Eastern conference.
                      Yes, but they have a really interesting habit of shitting the bed against scrub teams like the Columbus Blue Jackets...

Championship teams DON'T!
                      Last edited by Nickdfresh; 01-27-2006, 07:39 AM.

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                        ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                        Yes, but they have a really interesting habit of shitting the bed against scrub teams like the Columbus Blue Jackets...

Championship teams DON'T!
                        You are so right...

Something is wrong with Canucks. I think we have too many people thinking about the Olympics.

Not just Canadian, but Naslund is a major part of Swedish team ans he has to decide whether he will rest so he can heal or continue playing and perhaps hurt the Canucks.

Top line is just not performing, and it's hard to say why. Bert is inconsistent and Morrison has been just average. 2nd line of Sedins and Carter has been playing more because they are scoring and this has taken time away from top unit. Maybe this is causing friction and just not the same amount of time on the ice to make an impact?

Crawford has to go, I think and we need a goalie. Maybe Toronto will trade us coaches. Also Bert for Sundin!
                        sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

All they need is Marty BIRON + Taylor PYATT for some of your size and experience, and all will be right with them.

Comment

• Matt White
                            • Jun 2004

NIce to see the Captain get an assist on the game winner last night....

Shannahan is closing in on the alltime game winning goal spot....

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                              ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Matt White
                              NIce to see the Captain get an assist on the game winner last night....

Shannahan is closing in on the alltime game winning goal spot....
                              That is an impressive stat!

He seemed genuinely surprised when an interviewer mentioned that he was 10 game winners behind Brett Hull
                              sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Matt White
                                • Jun 2004

PLaying with HULL in St .Louis made him into a goal scorer......

Comment

Working...