X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Romeo Delight
    "A clause in the NHL’s collective bargaining agreement gives the team incentive to continually raise its prices. The CBA dictates that clubs that receive revenue sharing must keep pace with the league’s average ticket price. If the teams fall below 75 percent of the average, they “shall be required to submit to the league and Revenue Sharing Oversight Committee a forward-looking three-year business plan to establish a framework for improving its financial performance.”

"The Sabres are continuing their practice of refunding part of the season-ticket cost in the form of a rebate card that can be used in the arena or at HarborCenter. The rebate was 6.5 percent last year to offset the price increase, but it has returned to its previous level of 2.5 percent."

LOL...looks like the Sabres are masters of the subsidy/rebate program. Quite sophisticated!

Looking at this though, it looks like the ticket prices are getting up there:

http://www.rock106.ca/2013/10/17/nhl...-all-30-teams/
    NO FUCKING SHIT!! I TOLD YOU ALL THIS.

You're an idiot Romeo, go suck Zack Kassians dick and make him feel better for being a total bust!! FFS!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

The other things that list of avg ticket prices tells me is if the Leafs can be an avg price of 360 plus and rising every year at a breakneck pace despite having a horrible team, don't you think the market could stand another team? It is screaming opportunity...
      I NEVER FUCKING SAID THEY COULDN'T!!

I only said Ontario can't support the FIVE FUCKING TEAMS you think they can!!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Romeo Delight=My argument sucks! I'll change it!!!

Comment

• So this is love
          Veteran
          • Jan 2012

Originally posted by VAiN
          Why can't they just fix the team they have now? Let the rest of NA have some teams.
          Ah ha! funny the maple laffe can't be fixed..ever... from this point on ..my opinion of Shanahan is he cant turn this team around. This team is a nightmare....they have the best hockey fans ever.............Montreal fans would never accept to support a loser team since 1967.
          Now who`s that babe with the fab-u-lous shad-ow?

Comment

• Nickdfresh
            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by So this is love
            Ah ha! funny the maple laffe can't be fixed..ever... from this point on ..my opinion of Shanahan is he cant turn this team around. This team is a nightmare....they have the best hockey fans ever.............Montreal fans would never accept to support a loser team since 1967.
            The Maple Laughs can be fixed! They're not that far away. But you're right, the mindless corporate segment of their fanbase are their own worst enemy...

Comment

• Kristy
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

KERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIIISSSSST those were the most boring playoff games I've seen the NHL spew out in some time.

Chicago is a god damn joke; the Rangers can eat a dick as well.

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Nick...you have lost your mind. lol.
                sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                  ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                  I NEVER FUCKING SAID THEY COULDN'T!!

I only said Ontario can't support the FIVE FUCKING TEAMS you think they can!!
                  If California can support 3, and New York 4 teams, then Toronto and surrounding area can support at least 3 more, yes
                  sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                    ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Romeo Delight=My argument sucks! I'll change it!!!
                    Yeah, more like I am open for discussion here while you seem to really like to get belligerent, claim ultimate interwebs supremacy, and draw lines in the sand, not unlike your political "discussions". Too bad really.

I mean how much time have the two of us wasted rehashing your distinction surrounding ticket subsidy versus revenue sharing as a subsidy...a subsidy is a subsidy man...so painful. The Sabres tickets are subsidized. Just admit it...you wont though. Its the parking that is subsidized....lol And the hot dogs.
                    And the heat and electricity...but NOT the tickets.
                    Last edited by Romeo Delight; 05-18-2015, 02:43 AM.
                    sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                      ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Crosby joins exclusive Triple Gold Club

In what has already been a remarkable hockey career, Sidney Crosby became a member of the exclusive Triple Gold Club on Sunday. With Canada's win over Russia, Crosby now has a World Hockey Championship gold medal to go with his two Olympic gold medals and one Stanley Cup championship.

In what has already been a remarkable hockey career, Sidney Crosby became a member of the exclusive Triple Gold Club on Sunday.

With Canada's win over Russia, Crosby now has a World Hockey Championship gold medal to go with his two Olympic gold medals and one Stanley Cup championship.

There are 26 players and one coach to win the three greatest team awards in the sport.

The Cole Harbour, Nova Scotia native becomes the ninth Canadian in the group, joining Patrice Bergeron, Rob Blake, Scott Niedermayer, Chris Pronger, Joe Sakic, Brendan Shanahan, Eric Staal and Jonathan Toews. Canadian Mike Babcock is the lone coach on the list.

Crosby led the Pittsburgh Penguins to a Stanley Cup victory in 2009 in what would become the start of a storybook year ahead.

In February of 2010, he scored the game-winning goal to help Canada defeat the United States in the gold medal game on home soil at the Vancouver Olympics.

Four years later in Sochi, he was named captain of the Olympic team and led Canada to a successful defence of their gold medal, beating Sweden in the final.

Crosby also played in two World Junior Hockey Championships, taking home silver in 2004 and then returning to win gold in 2005.

The following year, he made his first appearance at the World Hockey Hockey Championship, leading the tournament in scoring and earning top forward honours for Canada, which finished fourth.
                      sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• TFM_Dale
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Jan 2009

Only fags debate how many teams some shitty city in Canuckia can support.

Sid the sis is still a overrated cunt.

Nick, stop cheering for those shitty buffalo teams and become a Detroit fan

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Yeah, more like I am open for discussion here while you seem to really like to get belligerent, claim ultimate interwebs supremacy, and draw lines in the sand, not unlike your political "discussions". Too bad really.

I mean how much time have the two of us wasted rehashing your distinction surrounding ticket subsidy versus revenue sharing as a subsidy...a subsidy is a subsidy man...so painful. The Sabres tickets are subsidized. Just admit it...you wont though. Its the parking that is subsidized....lol And the hot dogs.
                          And the heat and electricity...but NOT the tickets.
                          I'm open to discussion as well. But I get frustrated when people make silly arguments or completely change their argument. Dude, you're like the reverse strawman, you're simply changing your argument. Again, your point was that the Sabres have a large season ticket base because they give them away. The TEAM is subsidized through revenue sharing to an extent, but the TICKETS are not since they are going up despite the fact the Sabres are near the cap floor and are very profitable with or without revenue sharing. Does that make sense?

How the fuck would a fan notice their tickets being "subsidized" when they've increased them three times in two years?

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by TFM_Dale
                            Only fags debate how many teams some shitty city in Canuckia can support.

Sid the sis is still a overrated cunt.

Nick, stop cheering for those shitty buffalo teams and become a Detroit fan
                            We'll just take your coach...

Comment

• Von Halen
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Flamma, stop arguing with the resident retard. I think I'll change his username to NickDElvis.

He comes on here and talks about the Mets being "treated like a second run, ghetto team", then wants to know where he ever said they were mistreated. Fucking moron.

I have no idea what a "strawman" is, but I'll take it as a compliment if it is coming from NickDElvis.

By the way, the Mets play in a beautiful new stadium NickDDumbass. Both the Yankees and the Mets opened brand new stadiums in the same year. I'm surprised they bothered, since they're "treated like a second run, ghetto team".

Unlike Met's fan, you're a fair weather fan. Flamma and I have both proven that. You don't even know enough about Buffalo's teams, to slag them properly.

Now go back to the political forum, where you know even less than you know about sports.

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                                ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

I'm open to discussion as well. But I get frustrated when people make silly arguments or completely change their argument. Dude, you're like the reverse strawman, you're simply changing your argument. Again, your point was that the Sabres have a large season ticket base because they give them away. The TEAM is subsidized through revenue sharing to an extent, but the TICKETS are not since they are going up despite the fact the Sabres are near the cap floor and are very profitable with or without revenue sharing. Does that make sense?

How the fuck would a fan notice their tickets being "subsidized" when they've increased them three times in two years?
                                Sometimes you just have to say uncle...but for shits and giggles....

Nick...the sabres only raise ticket prices so they can capture the subsidy from the league...then they give it all back to the season ticket holders anyways

The subsidy is the revenue sharing. Sweet mother of god...
                                sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

Working...