X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

We'll see...with Fleury...CuJo at BEST...would be a spot starter...or...a co #1 for at the most...a season...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
      • Dec 2003

Neither of them would be a backup, they're looking at starting whichever one they sign to start 50 games....

The goalie situation isn't even the one I'm still concerned about...

They need a winger that can actually put the puck in the net....

The better RW's remaining are Selanne, Palffy, and Bondra....

I wouldn't mind any of those, but I've always thought that Bondra was always one of the most underrated players in the NHL....

Prototypical sniper...

With Mario now retaining the ownership, they obviously feel they're gonna have the money.... I mean shit, they're actually talking about selling out the season....

I'll believe that when I see it, but it's obvious these guys are only signing with the team that will overpay for them....

Suck it up and spend the extra cash....
      Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• POJO_Risin
        Roth Army Caesar
        • Mar 2003

selling out the season?

you have got to be kidding me...

I just can't fathom that...

Selanne, at this stage...is overrated...

I agree with you about Bondra...but I've heard zilch about the Pens talking with any of those guys...

and the Pens won't overpay...I just don't see it...
        "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
          • Dec 2003

I know, incredible as it sounds....

But look at it from this angle...

They're selling so many season tickets now that they might have to cut them off, so that people can still buy individual game tickets when they go on sale....

So, hypothetically, let's say they get 10,000 season tickets (again, we'll see about that).... That leaves 7,000 for individual game seats....

Their schedule is HEAVILY based on Eastern coast teams, matter of fact, the farthest west they're going is frickin' St. Louis !!

So, combine all of the hoopla with a schedule loaded with hated conference rivals like the Flyers, Rangers, Devils, and the Caps, and I think that's what they're basing it on.....

But back on the RW situation, I think they have to get SOMEBODY, I still don't think they have the firepower....

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• POJO_Risin
            Roth Army Caesar
            • Mar 2003

Boy how things change...to bad they didn't do this 10-12 years ago...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
              Roth Army Caesar
              • Mar 2003

There are some Pens teams over the past 10-12 years that would have been SICK under these new rules...

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                • Dec 2003

Ask and ye shall receive !!!!!

Fuck, great signing !!!

Palffy pens with Pittsburgh

Sportsnet has learned the Pittsburgh Penguins have agreed to a three-year contract with free agent forward Zigmund Palffy.

Sportsnet.ca -- The Pittsburgh Penguins have added another star to help rebuild the franchise.

Sportsnet has learned the Penguins have agreed to a three-year, $13.5-million contract with free agent forward Zigmund Palffy.

Pittsburgh has added some serious firepower to its squad since the lockout came to an end.

They won the draft lottery -- and more importantly the rights to Sidney Crosby -- in July, and this week they have also added Palffy and all-star defenceman Sergei Gonchar to their lineup.

Former Tampa Bay bruiser Andre Roy also headed to Steeltown this week to add some protection for Mario Lemieux and Crosby.

Palffy has averaged more than a point per game throught a career that began with the New York Islanders who dealt him to Los Angeles after six seasons. The former King has recorded 318 goals and 671 points in 642 career games.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                  ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                  • Dec 2003

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                  There are some Pens teams over the past 10-12 years that would have been SICK under these new rules...
                  Hell yeah bro...

The '93 team was arguably their best one, but got beat in the playoffs...

Might have been 3 Cups in a row...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                    Roth Army Caesar
                    • Mar 2003

It's good to see them out signing players...

I'm almost interested again...not quite though...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                      It's good to see them out signing players...

I'm almost interested again...not quite though...
                      I've never been this interested in the middle of August though.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                        Roth Army Caesar
                        • Mar 2003

I've been this not interested before...maybe not quite this not interested...lmfao...

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                          • Dec 2003

The Canes get back in the game....

Sign Ray Whitney, two years, 1.5 Mil per season....

Decent signing if you ask me....

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                            Roth Army Caesar
                            • Mar 2003

The Canes have done alright this offseason...

They've essentially decided to go with the youth movement here...which is a good move for a team that's not drawing...and doesn't have a draw...

Getting rid of O'Neill was an eye-raiser...since he was extrememly popular with the locals...

The got Stillman from Tampa...a steal in Oleg Tverdosky from Russia...former All-Star on defenese......Whitney from Detroit...which I didn't know until just now...Commodore and Hutchinson on Defense...

No HUGE stars...

but solid players...each one...

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                              • Dec 2003

No doubt, good signings, not marquee per se', but solid....

Today's papers are saying that besides either Cujo or Burke, the Pens are still going to go after another center and another D-man....

This is great....

Comment

• guwapo_rocker

And the Leafs.....................

Comment

Working...