This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • guwapo_rocker

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
    See, here's EXACTLY what I'm talking about... It's starting already !!!!

FORSBERG TO TORONTO?

THE FAN 590: reports the Toronto Maple Leafs might pursue Peter Forsberg should he become an unrestricted free agent in August. Forsberg's agent, Don Baizley was recently seen in Toronto speaking with Leafs GM John Ferguson Jr, but he told "Leafs Lunch" that it was merely coincidental since Baizley is also the agent for Leafs prospect Alex Steen.

Spector's Note; My thanks to "QuackerJackets" and regular contributor Dave Caldwell, who also noted that since tampering rules are in effect from now until the UFA market opens on August 1 Ferguson wouldn't state any interest in Forsberg at this time.

AFTONBLADET: reports the Detroit News as claiming Colorado Avalanche forward Peter Forsberg is high on the wish list of the Toronto Maple Leafs, which would unite him with Mats Sundin, an apparent dream of many Swedish hockey fans.

Spector's Note: My thanks to Magnus Persson. The Detroit News column doesn't claim the Leafs are interested in Forsberg, but merely lists him as one of several big name players named in unsubstantiated rumours as possibly heading to Toronto. For now the Leafs still have to figure out how much cap space they can free up and which free agents they'll re-sign before they go trolling in the UFA market.
    They have to sign Aki Berg first

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
      Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

See, here's EXACTLY what I'm talking about... It's starting already !!!!

FORSBERG TO TORONTO?

THE FAN 590: reports the Toronto Maple Leafs might pursue Peter Forsberg should he become an unrestricted free agent in August. Forsberg's agent, Don Baizley was recently seen in Toronto speaking with Leafs GM John Ferguson Jr, but he told "Leafs Lunch" that it was merely coincidental since Baizley is also the agent for Leafs prospect Alex Steen.

Spector's Note; My thanks to "QuackerJackets" and regular contributor Dave Caldwell, who also noted that since tampering rules are in effect from now until the UFA market opens on August 1 Ferguson wouldn't state any interest in Forsberg at this time.

AFTONBLADET: reports the Detroit News as claiming Colorado Avalanche forward Peter Forsberg is high on the wish list of the Toronto Maple Leafs, which would unite him with Mats Sundin, an apparent dream of many Swedish hockey fans.

Spector's Note: My thanks to Magnus Persson. The Detroit News column doesn't claim the Leafs are interested in Forsberg, but merely lists him as one of several big name players named in unsubstantiated rumours as possibly heading to Toronto. For now the Leafs still have to figure out how much cap space they can free up and which free agents they'll re-sign before they go trolling in the UFA market.
      Oh gimmie a break.

The Toronto sports media will do anything to make their Leafs look interesting.

Remember when there were rumours that Gretzky would be going to Toronto before he ended up signing with the Rangers in '96? Or how about the whole Eric Lindros thing?

=V V=
      ole No.1 The finest
      EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Full Bug
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Jan 2004

Toronto is the center of the hockey universe....Deal with it....
        Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"

Comment

• Matt White
          • Jun 2004

*AHEM*

DETROIT

HOCKEY TOWN USA

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by guwapo_rocker
            They have to sign Aki Berg first
            You're gonna lose Domi to the Pens, by the way....

Looking pretty solid right now....
            Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Golden AWe
              Looks like Jagr is going to stay in the russian league...he will be the first of many to stay/change their league, in hopes of keeping the enormous incomes...
              This has been completely denied...

Although it wouldn't surprise me, knowing how wacky he thinks sometimes....

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                • Dec 2003

Here's the link for the schedule...

The official National Hockey League website including news, rosters, stats, schedules, teams, and video.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                  ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                  • Dec 2003

Poj, get the beer in the fridge....

For those who give a shit, the Pens highlights....

Oct 5 2005, Wed AWAY Devils 7:30 PM ET - (Mario's 40th birthday, Crosby's debut... What the fuck is the NHL doing sending them to Jersey ??)

Oct 7 2005, Fri AWAY Hurricanes 7:00 PM ET - (Poj, just as a friendly reminder, my brand's Bud Ice... I'll grab the tix when they go on sale)

Oct 8 2005, Sat HOME Bruins 7:30 PM ET - (Home opener)

Dec 27 2005, Tue HOME Maple Leafs 7:30 PM ET - (5th anniversary of Mario's comeback, just so happens to be home against the Leafs again)

Feb 10 2006, Fri AWAY Hurricanes 7:00 PM ET
                  Feb 11 2006, Sat AWAY Capitals 7:00 PM ET - (Possible VA doubleheader road trip)

Comment

• UGS
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Jan 2005

They probably made the schedule before the lottery, so they didn't know about Crosby going to Pit.

About the Gretzky thing, Wayne wanted to go to Toronto because that's who he cheered for as a kid. The Leaf's fans would have gone nuts, but Leaf owners didn't want to pay the hefty Gretzky price tag when they were already selling out the Gardens with the current lineup. Looks like winning the Cup was second priority. Fuck the Leafs.

. . .then again, if Gretzky REALLY wanted to play there, he'd lower his asking price. . .whatever

GO SENS!
                    Keep on Rothing in the Free World

Comment

• Matt White
                      • Jun 2004

I can't wait!!!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by UGS
                        They probably made the schedule before the lottery, so they didn't know about Crosby going to Pit.

About the Gretzky thing, Wayne wanted to go to Toronto because that's who he cheered for as a kid. The Leaf's fans would have gone nuts, but Leaf owners didn't want to pay the hefty Gretzky price tag when they were already selling out the Gardens with the current lineup. Looks like winning the Cup was second priority. Fuck the Leafs.

. . .then again, if Gretzky REALLY wanted to play there, he'd lower his asking price. . .whatever

GO SENS!
                        Buffalo drafted GRETZKY's brother...Apparently it wasn't all genetics unfortunately.

Comment

• guwapo_rocker

You're gonna lose Domi to the Pens, by the way....

Looking pretty solid right now....
                          Take him please!!!!

We'll throw in Aki, hell take Nolan too.

Comment

• Full Bug
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Jan 2004

Hell ya, I have been wanting Toronto to get rid of that tool Domi for years....Although I dont know how we will replace the 4 or 5 goals he gets a season....
                            Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"

Comment

• UGS
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Full Bug
                              Hell ya, I have been wanting Toronto to get rid of that tool Domi for years....Although I dont know how we will replace the 4 or 5 goals he gets a season....
                              He's rumored to be talking to the Penguins. It makes sense, he's good friends w/ Mario, and they need some muscle behind Crosby.
                              Keep on Rothing in the Free World

Comment

• guwapo_rocker

Originally posted by UGS
                                He's rumored to be talking to the Penguins. It makes sense, he's good friends w/ Mario, and they need some muscle behind Crosby.
                                He won't do Crosby any good sitting in the box for dumb

penalties.

Comment

Working...