This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • guwapo_rocker

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
    You guys don't know how bad I feel for you big market fans...

[[ Chuckle, chuckle.... ]]

Ouch....

Comment

• NightProwler
      Sniper
      • Jul 2004

Steve Yzerman is THE Captain!

Comment

• guwapo_rocker

Originally posted by NightProwler
        Steve Yzerman is THE Captain!
        Aki Berg is Tennille....

Comment

• NightProwler
          Sniper
          • Jul 2004

Hopefully without the modified Moe Howard hair-cut!

Comment

• Full Bug
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by guwapo_rocker

Holy fuck, what a mess!!!

Why should management care? They could put the Ice Capades on the ice with Leaf Jerseys and the ACC would still sell out....
            Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"

Comment

• guwapo_rocker

Originally posted by Full Bug
              Why should management care? They could put the Ice Capades on the ice with Leaf Jerseys and the ACC would still sell out....
              That's true.

Everything MLSE touches turns to shit as far as product goes.

Comment

• guwapo_rocker

Joseph 'intrigued' with playing in Pittsburgh

TSN.ca Staff

8/5/2005 9:59:37 AM

The Pittsburgh Penguins are expected to make a final decision on goaltender Curtis Joseph, possibly as early as Friday.

According to the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, general manager Craig Patrick and Joseph's agent, Don Meehan, spoke earlier this week about the veteran netminder.

"He's going to get back to me at the end of the week," said Meehan. "He had some other priorities, but he's indicated he is going to have an interest."

"I've indicated to Craig that I wouldn't do anything until I talked to him."

Meehan says he did not discuss what kind of role Joseph would play with the Penguins, whether it be a co-number one with Marc-Andre Fleury or as a backup. However, he says Joseph is "intrigued" by the possibility of playing in Pittsburgh.

Joseph spent the 2004 season as part of a revolving goaltending carousel in Detroit, going from starter to backup to minor leaguer in the span of about five months. After veteran Dominik Hasek was sidelined for the season with a groin injury, Joseph and Manny Legace settled into the starters role. He finished with a 16-10-3 record and a 2.39 goals against average.

Meehan says up to four other teams have indicated an interest in the 38 year old.

The Penguins are also said to be interested in netminder Sean Burke.

Link

Comment

• guwapo_rocker

Free agent Khabibulin joins Blackhawks

8/5/2005 12:29:59 PM

The most coveted goaltender in the free agent market has finally found a home, as veteran netminder Nikolai Khabibulin has signed with the Chicago Blackhawks.

It is a four-year deal worth $27 million US.

"When we began this process, we targeted Nikolai Khabibulin and Adrian Aucoin as the two main players we wanted to sign," said Blackhawks General Manager Dale Tallon.

"Not only did we accomplish our goal in signing these players, but we were also able to sign Martin LaPointe and Jaroslav Spacek. Along with Jassen Cullimore, Matthew Barnaby, and Curtis Brown whom we signed last year we feel that we have really improved our team."

Khabibulin, 32, helped lead the Tampa Bay Lightning to their first Stanley Cup title in 2004, posting five postseason shutouts and a 1.71 goals-against average.

The native of Russia posted a 28-19-7 regualr season record in 2003-2004 with three shutouts and a 2.33 goals-against average.

Since being acquired from the Phoenix Coyotes on March 5, 2001, Khabibulin has amassed a 83-74-28 record while leading the team to consecutive Southeast Division titles. He holds franchise records in wins, shutouts (14) and consecutive wins (eight).

The signing will all but likely spell the end of Jocelyn Thibault's tenure in Chicago. The veteran netminder was acquired from the Montreal Canadiens back in 1998.

Link

Comment

• guwapo_rocker

And the Toronto Maple Leafs signed........

Rodney Peuniss, Chief Towel Boy/Jock Sniffer.

Terms of the contract were not disclosed.

Comment

• Full Bug
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Jan 2004

LOL....
                      Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"

Comment

• Full Bug
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Jan 2004

Domi takes jab at media coverage

TIE DOMI'S idea of a partnership in the re-launched National Hockey League goes beyond an improved relationship between the NHL and the NHL Players' Association.

Twice during a news conference yesterday Domi, without being asked a question, scolded the Toronto media for being too hard on general manager John Ferguson this week and implored reporters to be more positive as a whole.

"In this new CBA, as a partnership, I think we need the media on our side in this market," Domi said. "We need a positive spin on this market and this team. We need your guys' help, too. The more you knock our team, the less it is helping us. I just hope whatever John does we will be behind it."

Never mind that the majority of reporters and columnists don't pack pompoms before heading off to games.

Though he agreed later each is entitled to his or her opinion, Domi abruptly cut short an interview on AM640, apparently because of a beef with Leafs Lunch co-host Bill Watters.

HELLISH WEEK

Domi, who warned against dismissing the Leafs this season even though he referred to the club as an underdog, acknowledged the past week had been hellish. It also has not been easy for Ferguson, who could not do much as conference rivals such as the Philadelphia Flyers and Boston Bruins made a number of moves to improve.

Ferguson still has some work to do before training camp opens around Sept. 12. With the signings of Domi and Jason Allison, he has approximately $7 million to $8 million US remaining to sign four players. And there are whispers now that he is willing to trade defenceman Ken Klee after deciding to not buy out Klee's $1.9-million contract.

Biding his time in an effort to pounce on big names next summer is not part of Ferguson's thinking.

"This is not solely about today and tomorrow but it is about establishing competitiveness and an ability to win over time," Ferguson said. "It pains me to say this market has not won in 37 years and counting, but we have a plan that is going to put us in place to have a club that can win now and in the future."

Comment

• Full Bug
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Full Bug

"This is not solely about today and tomorrow but it is about establishing competitiveness and an ability to win over time," Ferguson said. "It pains me to say this market has not won in 37 years and counting, but we have a plan that is going to put us in place to have a club that can win now and in the future."
                          Hell, I feel awhole lot better now, all warm and fuzzy, dont you guwapo_rocker?

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                            Roth Army Caesar
                            • Mar 2003

Re: Joseph 'intrigued' with playing in Pittsburgh

Originally posted by guwapo_rocker
                            TSN.ca Staff

8/5/2005 9:59:37 AM

The Pittsburgh Penguins are expected to make a final decision on goaltender Curtis Joseph, possibly as early as Friday.

According to the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, general manager Craig Patrick and Joseph's agent, Don Meehan, spoke earlier this week about the veteran netminder.

"He's going to get back to me at the end of the week," said Meehan. "He had some other priorities, but he's indicated he is going to have an interest."

"I've indicated to Craig that I wouldn't do anything until I talked to him."

Meehan says he did not discuss what kind of role Joseph would play with the Penguins, whether it be a co-number one with Marc-Andre Fleury or as a backup. However, he says Joseph is "intrigued" by the possibility of playing in Pittsburgh.

Joseph spent the 2004 season as part of a revolving goaltending carousel in Detroit, going from starter to backup to minor leaguer in the span of about five months. After veteran Dominik Hasek was sidelined for the season with a groin injury, Joseph and Manny Legace settled into the starters role. He finished with a 16-10-3 record and a 2.39 goals against average.

Meehan says up to four other teams have indicated an interest in the 38 year old.

The Penguins are also said to be interested in netminder Sean Burke.

Link
                            Neither one of these guys would I mind...as long as they are backups...and damn...Burke or CuJo as a fucking backup...gotta love that...
                            "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• guwapo_rocker

Warm and fuzzy....yep....

Comment

• Full Bug
                                Crazy Ass Mofo
                                • Jan 2004

Re: Re: Joseph 'intrigued' with playing in Pittsburgh

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                                Neither one of these guys would I mind...as long as they are backups...and damn...Burke or CuJo as a fucking backup...gotta love that...
                                I doubt Cujo would be happy as a backup, that wouldnt sit well with him at all.....

Comment

Working...