Page 17 of 68 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829303167 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official NHL Thread

guwapo_rocker
    Antropov is a fucking pylon!!

Just Me And My Ganja....
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by guwapo_rocker
    QUICK!! Re-sign Aki Berg!!!!!!!
    Quick!! Kill me now!!!!!
    Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"

guwapo_rocker
    It was good to see Aubin do so well lately.

But he should have been given a shot months ago.

Typical Leafs, go with the old guy til' ya have to shoot him.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Speakin' of the Leafs, I hope Darcy F'ucker swallows his teeth in today's game, the little Rat-bitch!!

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Nickdfresh
    Speakin' of the Leafs, I hope Darcy F'ucker swallows his teeth in today's game, the little Rat-bitch!!
    Just when you think he has sunk as low as he can go he proves you wrong.

Idiot who deserves anything that happens to him.

What kind of a pussy suckers somone with his gloves on like he did to Alfredsson?

guwapo_rocker
    Originally posted by DavidFlamma

What kind of a pussy suckers somone with his gloves on like he did to Alfredsson?

A pussy like this??

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Tucker's a cunt. The Sabres' Mike Grier tattooed him with a great, hard but clean check...

So what does he do? Does he go after Grier to get revenge? Oh nooooooo!

"Me not fight Mike Grier, big bad Grier lay me out on ice, I too afrw'aid of him..."

No, he goes over and puts a knee on knee hit and knocks Jochen Hecht out for two weeks. He's a dirty little cunt, the Sabres are saying they're more worried about the Playoffs than score-settling, but we'll see...

guwapo_rocker
    Just answering the question.
    Last edited by guwapo_rocker; 04-16-2006 at 12:06 PM.

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I still say Moore was the pussy...he can't fight the smallest guy on the team and think the matter is closed.

The faggot kept running away, and Bert got pissed. Can't say I wouldn't have done the same thing. If Bert had to do it again, he would have turned him around.

We are talking about a little faggot who embarrasses himself every game

Every player in the NHL has turned their back on the Moore.

That should tell you everything you need to know.

Bert is no pussy.
    Last edited by Romeo Delight; 04-16-2006 at 12:45 PM.

Just Me And My Ganja....
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Nickdfresh
    Tucker's a cunt. The Sabres' Mike Grier tattooed him with a great, hard but clean check...

So what does he do? Does he go after Grier to get revenge? Oh nooooooo!

"Me not fight Mike Grier, big bad Grier lay me out on ice, I too afrw'aid of him..."

No, he goes over and puts a knee on knee hit and knocks Jochen Hecht out for two weeks. He's a dirty little cunt, the Sabres are saying they're more worried about the Playoffs than score-settling, but we'll see...

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Full Bug
    Since the Sabres crushed Toronto 6-0 tonight, and are on their way to the playoffs: who's crying now?

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Fuck Yeah!

Good old Canadian boy wins scoring title!!!!!

Joe Thornton and Jonathan Cheechoo clicked from the start.

Thornton, acquired by San Jose from Boston last Nov. 30, capped the best season of his NHL career by winning the league scoring title.

The six-foot-four centre from St. Thomas, Ont., piled up 125 points to become the first player in the Sharks' 15-year history to win the Art Ross Trophy.

"I know a lot about the history of hockey and, obviously, winning the Art Ross Trophy, there's a lot of big names on there," he said. "It's an honour to put my name on it.

"It's very humbling."

Thornton, 26, was at a California beach with his girlfriend when he found out via a phone call from his brother, Alan, that Jaromir Jagr of the New York Rangers hadn't been able to catch him in the points race on the schedule's closing night Tuesday.

In his eighth NHL season, the No. 1 pick in the 1997 entry draft scored 29 goals and had a league-best 96 assists in overtaking Jagr in the closing stages of the regular season. Thornton surpassed his previous career points high by 24 points.

Many of Thornton's assists came on set-ups of Cheechoo's league-best 56 goals, which earned the 25-year-old native of Moose Factory, Ont., the Maurice (Rocket) Richard Trophy. Cheechoo got 49 of his goals after Thornton was acquired, and Thornton assisted on 38 of them.

Cheechoo had five three-goal games - most since Mario Lemieux had six in 1995-96 - after Thornton arrived.

Cheechoo scored more goals than any player since Pavel Bure got 59 for Florida in 2001. Cheechoo, who is of Cree heritage, is only the second aboriginal to score more than 50 goals. Reggie Leach did it twice for Philadelphia (1976 and 1980).

Thornton and Cheechoo are the third set of teammates since the WHA-NHL merger in 1979-80 to lead the league in points and goals, respectively, in the same season.

"We've done everything together this year," said Thornton. "We've got bigger and better things to do now that we're looking forward to the Stanley Cup playoffs."

Thornton, Cheechoo and the rest of the Sharks will be in Nashville to begin the playoffs this weekend.

Wayne Gretzky (215 points) and Jari Kurri (68 goals) teamed up to top both the points and goals categories while with the Edmonton Oilers in 1985-86. It didn't happen again until 2002-03 when Colorado had Peter Forsberg (106) win the Ross for most points and Milan Hejduk (50) win the Richard for most goals.

Thornton had 33 points in 23 games with the Bruins before they traded him. He piled up 92 points in 58 games with the Sharks.

"From Day 1, I just played real well with Cheech," said Thornton. "Ever since I got here, the whole team's been playing really well.

"You try to go out and play hard every night, and good things can happen."

Jagr, 34, won the Ross five times earlier in his career. The Czech couldn't make it six when he was held to one assist in the Rangers' season finale, a 5-1 loss to Ottawa. Jagr finished with 54 goals and 69 assists for 123 points.

Five players finished with 50 or more goals, making the group the largest in 10 years to reach the magic number.

After Cheechoo and Jagr, there was rookie Alexander Ovechkin of the Washington Capitals and Atlanta's Ilya Kovalchuk, who each scored 52, and Ottawa's Dany Heatley, who got his 50th against the Rangers.

Miikka Kiprusoff of the Calgary Flames had the best goals-against average, 2.07, so he'll get the William M. Jennings Trophy at the league's annual awards banquet in June in Vancouver. The Flames allowed only 200 goals. Detroit allowed 209, and Manny Legace and Chris Osgood finished second to Kiprusoff for the Jennings.

Ottawa defenceman Wade Redden's plus-37 was the best plus-minus rating in the league, meaning he was on the ice for 37 more Senators goals than opposition goals.

Ovechkin and Sidney Crosby were two of the highest-scoring rookies in NHL history.

Ovechkin's 52 goals put him third on the all-time list for most in a season by a first-year player. Teemu Selanne scored 76 in 1992-93 for Winnipeg, and Mike Bossy got 53 in 1977-78 for the New York Islanders.

Ovechkin also had 54 assists, and the Russian finished with 106 points - third best in NHL history for a novice. Selanne amassed 132 in his big rookie year, and Peter Stastny had 109 in 1980-81 for Quebec.

Crosby, 18, from Cole Harbour, N.S., is the youngest player to earn more than 100 points. He finished with 39 goals and 63 assists for 102 points.

Dion Phaneuf of the Flames scored 20 goals, which was the most by a rookie defenceman in 17 years. The Edmonton-born blue-liner now is third on the all-time list of goals scored by rookie defencemen. Brian Leetch holds the record with 23 in 1988-89 for the New York Rangers, and Barry Beck got 22 in 1977-78 for Colorado.

Following the lockout that caused the cancellation of the 2004-2005 season, fans returned in record numbers.

A total of 20,854,169, for a per-game average of 16,955, attended the 1,230 games, the league reported. That was 2.4 per cent ahead of the 2003-04 figures (20,356,199 and 16,550) and 1.2 per cent ahead of the previous record season of 2001-02 (20,614,613 and 16,760).

In all, NHL teams played to 91.7 per cent of capacity, the league said.

The Montreal Canadiens set a single-season attendance record of 872,193. All 41 home games at the Bell Centre were 21,273 sellouts. The Canadiens eclipsed the previous mark of 861,072, or 21,002 a game, which they set in 1996-97.

The Colorado Avalanche sold out each game at 18,007-capacity Pepsi Center, extending the NHL's longest current sellout streak to 480 games including playoffs. The streak began in November 1995 during the inaugural season in Denver.

Montreal, Calgary, Colorado, Detroit, Edmonton, Los Angeles, Minnesota, the New York Rangers, Ottawa, Philadelphia, Tampa Bay, Toronto and Vancouver played to 98 per cent of capacity or better over the full season.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=163156&hubname=nhl

∞ SHEEP PEN GYPSY
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The "Cap'N' " needs another cup!!!

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Matt White
    The "Cap'N' " needs another cup!!!

That would be cool.

Gotta love Stevie Y

Just Me And My Ganja....
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by DavidFlamma
    That would be cool.

Gotta love Stevie Y
    Not if your Von Halen....
    http://diamonddavidleeroth.com/forum...t=12897&page=1

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I call Buffalo and Anaheim to win their series with a Stanley Cup winner....

Buffalo Sabres.

Yes, the cup that was ripped from them (Brett's goal) will be returned.

I hated watching the Oilers trap their way to beating the Wings, but to their credit, they played a style like they have all year...attacking in every phase of the game...even penalty kill.

Anaheim is so solid, with Neidermeyer playing so cool under pressure. They will beat the Oil.

Idle No More
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I'm going OILERS all the way...

Possibly might have tickets for our home game on Tuesday. I emailed a local radio station and offered to let them paint my boobs Oiler colours in exchange for a couple of tickets.

They read it on-air this morning, and forwarded it to their "tix" guy. Damn, it's great to be female!
    "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Give me Buffalo (sorry Poj) and Edmonton, with the Sabres taking it all...

Buffalo and Carolina are like fucking clones of each other, but I think the Sabres have a SLIGHT edge offensively because they're a little faster...

But I would not be a bit surprised to see Carolina take it, either...

Edmonton has really impressed me with their defense, and Horcoff has got to be one of the most underrated players in the league....
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    You like Buffalo because they are faster...

I like Carolina...because I think the players that aren't faster...IE Weight, Brindamor and Recchi give them something Buffalo doesn't have...

I think it comes down to goalies...and before it's over...I think Gerber will win the series for Carolina...

I like Edmonton as well...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I wouldn't root for Buffalo...even if I thought they could win...

Just Me And My Ganja....
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The Cups coming back to Canada, you heard it here first.....

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Full Bug
    The Cups coming back to Canada, you heard it here first.....
    I don't think that matters anymore.

Lots of US teams have a boatload of Canadian players, and many have more than Canadian teams.

I've stopped caring about that and just want good hockey.

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Well, it sure as fuck ain't coming back to Toronto any time soon.....

Sorry, had to throw another dig in there....

But there's definitely a chance that the Oilers can win the whole thing...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    You really have to put Edmonton up there as one of the franchises that get it...

obviously with the Gretzky years...

then the Messier title...

and they seem to be in the mix a bit here and there...

and are never far from being good...

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    i think the NHL has to tinker with the game a little more.

I always said they should make the ice a little bigger...not int'l size, but bigger.

That way, there is still hitting and less onus on the officials to make calls, and the skilled players can still prosper.

Oilers made the third period of their first game unbearable with the trap.

Need something to make the game better.

Look at an NBA game in the fourth...such potential for drama.

They need to do something to end the trap. Bigger ice answers all of the problems.

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by POJO_Risin

and are never far from being good...
    This year they were one of the least consistent teams in the West, especially down the stretch.

The only team worse than them in the West (among playoff contenders) was the Canucks.

The Oilers were horrible...couldn't win two games in a row to save their dying mothers.

Lowe was being ridiculed for getting Roloson for a first rounder as he was not adjusting well to his new team.

If the Canucks win one game down the stretch (out of 8 or so) they are in and the Oilers don't even make the playoffs.

As it turned out, Lowe was right...Roloson was just rusty, not having played much in Minny the month or more before the trade and he needed to adjust to his new defenceman, etc.

Amazing how small a line there is between total failure and success

Idle No More
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    This city is fucking rocking! Our Oilers are going all the way, baby!

Time for Lord Stanley to come back home!

WOOHOO!!!!!!

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Canes looked good...

the winner of the East will blow out Edmonton...IMO...if they make it to the finals...

both teams are much quicker than the Oilers trap...

the key will be the goalies...of course...

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Miller let in bad goals.

Good series.

I don't know. Edmonton is looking good with Pronger, Peca, Smyth.

I've never seen Pronger look so mobile and dominant.

He had a shitty season

guwapo_rocker
    They just said on the news there's a beer emergency

in Edmonton. Bahahahahaha....I love Canada!!!

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    If Miller is letting in bad goals...that's bad news for Buffalo...

guwapo_rocker
    Angel, I'll UPS ya some cases of Canadian, you sell em for

$100.00 a case and we'll split the profits.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I'm pretty sure that Carolina's gameplan....based on the 2nd half of game 1...is to throw the puck toward the net...and just see what happens...and that's what they did last night...

They had a bunch of opportunites...and took them...and their defense was decent...

I'm not thrilled with Ward...he's shown some cracks...and would prefer Gerber right now...but we'll see...

I expect nothing less than 7 games...

Idle No More
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by guwapo_rocker
    Angel, I'll UPS ya some cases of Canadian, you sell em for

$100.00 a case and we'll split the profits.
    The Whyte Ave bars had emergency shipments sent up from Calgary yesterday.

There is so much energy in this city right now, it's UNBELIEVABLE!

Watch for the SWEEP tomorrow night.

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Miller plays decent, Buffalo wins.

They will prevail in this series.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Carolina got flat out outplayed tonight...

Like I said...WARD looked shaky...

Gerber back inbetween the pipes...

which inevitably will make them a better team...

Game 4 should be interesting...

Carolina outplayed thusfar...

Idle No More
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I wonder if our fans will be able to beat their own performance during the singing of our national anthem tonight?

I have a feeling Rexall place is going to set record-breaking noise levels!!

SWEEP, SWEEP, SWEEP!

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Boy...talk about an underdog in Edmonton...

really...all four teams...even though Carolina and Buffalo are both in the top four of the East...at the beginning of the year...no doubt...both Carolina and Buffalo were at the bottom of the predictions...

guwapo_rocker
    Originally posted by Angel
    I wonder if our fans will be able to beat their own performance during the singing of our national anthem tonight?

I have a feeling Rexall place is going to set record-breaking noise levels!!

SWEEP, SWEEP, SWEEP!
    Let's hope nobody gets killed after the game......

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by POJO_Risin
    Boy...talk about an underdog in Edmonton...

really...all four teams...even though Carolina and Buffalo are both in the top four of the East...at the beginning of the year...no doubt...both Carolina and Buffalo were at the bottom of the predictions...
    I seem to recall someone mentioning the "new NHL teams", like Buffalo and Carolina....

Hmmm, who could that be....

Thread Information