Page 25 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
Results 961 to 1,000 of 2710

Thread: The Official NHL Thread

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    03-04-2024 @ 05:42 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I just about cried watching Brind'amour holding the cup.

Hedican too...he was a part of the '94 run when the Rangers took our cup and our hyperbaric chamber.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-28-2024 @ 04:08 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Yeah...I've been next to the cup a couple of times...this is the first time I've illegally touched it...lmfao...

I've gotta tell you...the Canes are gonna go through some changes...but because of the retirements...and because of the tier's for their salaries...

The Canes are going to be serious $$$$$$ below the cap....
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

When Brind'Amour grabbed that cup...and he ran up while Bettman was still yappin'...I think Bettman asked him to hang on...lmfao...

but he grabbed it...and you could hear him screaming over the crowd...

he was pumped...and he went right over...and it looked like he told the team to follow him up...and yelled over to Glen Wesley...to grab it...next...

Dave's Towing
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-11-2008 @ 02:07 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Thornton edges Jagr in NHL MVP voting

June 22, 2006

VANCOUVER, British Columbia (AP) -- Joe Thornton edged out Jaromir Jagr again.

Thornton, who beat out Jagr for the scoring title by two points, took the Hart Trophy as the NHL's MVP on Thursday with Jagr again relegated to runner-up.

"I was a big hockey fan so I would always watch these awards and Wayne (Gretzky) would always take it home and obviously Mario (Lemieux) and Mark (Messier) as well," Thornton said after accepting the award from Messier at the league's annual award ceremony. "It's just very humbling just knowing I'm going to be on the same page as these guys."

San Jose's star center already had the Art Ross Trophy tucked away as the league's top scorer, thanks to a 125-point regular season. Thornton won the MVP in a close vote of the Professional Hockey Writers' Association, finishing with 1,058 points to Jagr's 974. Calgary goalie Miikka Kiprusoff was a distant third with 561 votes.

Thornton, acquired by the Sharks from Boston in a trade on Nov. 30, led San Jose into the playoffs with 29 goals and 96 assists. He scored 20 goals and set up 72 others in 58 games with San Jose, lifting his team to the fifth seed in the Western Conference and helping linemate Jonathan Cheechoo win the Maurice "Rocket" Richard Trophy as the league's leader with 56 goals.

"I just felt real comfortable," said Thornton, who appeared to be over any hard feelings towards Boston for trading him away.

"I'm just in a new place playing the same game I always played. I wish the Bruins all the best.

Jagr, who won the Hart in 1999 with Pittsburgh, did win his third Lester B. Pearson Award as players' choice for most outstanding player.

"With this award you get voted on by the players you play against every night and I think they understand the game better than the media," Jagr said.

With 54 goals and 69 assists -- both Rangers' records -- Jagr carried New York to its first postseason appearance since 1997.

Kiprusoff won his first Vezina Trophy as top NHL goaltender, ending Martin Brodeur's run at two in a row.

Kiprusoff finished runner-up to Brodeur last year and trailed the Devils' goalie by one for the league lead in wins this season, but the Finnish goalie was at or near the top of the NHL in every other statistical category.

Kiprusoff, who skipped the award ceremony to stay in Finland, was tops in goals-against average (2.02) and shutouts (10), and third in save percentage (.923).

Kiprusoff also beat out New York Rangers goaltender Henrik Lundqvist, who was the first rookie in more than a decade to be nominated for the Vezina.

Washington Capitals left wing Alex Ovechkin beat out fellow freshmen scoring sensation Sidney Crosby of the Pittsburgh Penguin and hard-hitting Calgary Flames defenseman Dion Phaneuf for the Calder Memorial Trophy as top NHL rookie.

The 20-year-old Ovechkin led all rookies with 106 points -- many of the spectacular variety -- while becoming just the second rookie in NHL history to score 50 goals and 100 points after Teemu Selanne did it in 1992-93. He was third in the league overall in goals and points.

"The NHL is the best league in the world so to win the Calder means a lot," Ovechkin said in his thick Russian accent.

Crosby, 18, wasn't far behind with 39 goals and 102 points, becoming the youngest player to record 100 points in a season. The first overall pick in the 2005 draft, Crosby recorded 22 points in his final 10 games to finish sixth overall in league scoring.

Detroit's Nicklas Lidstrom won his fourth Norris Trophy as top defenseman ahead of Anaheim's Scott Neidermayer, who won in 2004, and Dallas' Sergei Zubov.

"It's special, but I'm not going to say any more than the other three," Lidstrom said. "After the season I had before the lockout I wanted to come back and have a strong season."

After losing out to Carolina's Peter Laviolette in the Eastern Conference final in Game 7, Buffalo Sabres' coach Lindy Ruff edged out the Hurricanes bench boss by a single vote for his first Jack Adams award as coach of the year.

"I'd trade him the point for that big silver cup he has over there," Ruff said.

Ruff led the Sabres to a 52-24-6 record and 110 points -- both franchise records -- a 25-point improvement over their performance in 2003-04.

New York Rangers coach Tom Renney finished third.

Three days after accepting the Stanley Cup from NHL commissioner Gary Bettman, Carolina captain Rod Brind'Amour accepted the Selke Trophy as the league's top defensive forward.

A first-time finalist for the award, Brind'Amour led all NHL forwards in ice time, playing 24:17 a game, and faceoffs taken (2,145), finishing third with a 59.1 win percentage. He beat out Dallas' Jere Lehtinen, a three-time winner, and Ottawa's Mike Fischer.

Detroit's Pavel Datysuk won the Lady Byng Trophy for sportsmanship, beating out San Jose's Patrick Marleau and Tampa Bay's Brad Richards after receiving just 22 penalty minutes while leading the Red Wings in scoring with a career-high 87 points.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

No way Ruff should have won that award over Laviolette...no way...

althought they should have been 1 and 2 for sure...

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-28-2024 @ 09:22 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,517 Times in 2,422 Posts

Originally posted by ALinChainz
    Washington Capitals left wing Alex Ovechkin beat out fellow freshmen scoring sensation Sidney Crosby of the Pittsburgh Penguin and hard-hitting Calgary Flames defenseman Dion Phaneuf for the Calder Memorial Trophy as top NHL rookie.

The 20-year-old Ovechkin led all rookies with 106 points -- many of the spectacular variety -- while becoming just the second rookie in NHL history to score 50 goals and 100 points after Teemu Selanne did it in 1992-93. He was third in the league overall in goals and points.

"The NHL is the best league in the world so to win the Calder means a lot," Ovechkin said in his thick Russian accent.

Crosby, 18, wasn't far behind with 39 goals and 102 points, becoming the youngest player to record 100 points in a season. The first overall pick in the 2005 draft, Crosby recorded 22 points in his final 10 games to finish sixth overall in league scoring.
    Yeah, I can't argue with the Calder voting, I don't have a problem with Ovechkin winning it....

But ask me if I'd trade Crosby for Ovechkin....

Fuck no....

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
    Yeah, I can't argue with the Calder voting, I don't have a problem with Ovechkin winning it....

But ask me if I'd trade Crosby for Ovechkin....

Fuck no....
    I agree!

Who's going to get Luongo?

Canucks want him and Keenan likes Bert, but I think he's going to LA.

Crawford suffered here from a lack of a money goalie and I bet you he had assurances from ownership that that issue would be addressed.

Plus, LA ownership wants to make a splash, with new coach and marquee goalie.

I still have my fingers crossed...

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
    No way Ruff should have won that award over Laviolette...no way...

althought they should have been 1 and 2 for sure...
    No...Ruff took a team with guys that no one predicted would come even close to what they accomplished.

Carolina was expected to contend in the East.

Pojo...there was a story written by an ESPN guy I think. Anyways it talked about how hard it was to find a Canes game in a bar in Carolina. It went on toi say that if you did find one, you probably wouldn't be safe there.

Our best sports talk radio station Team 1040, had the writer of that article on and because of that, Rutherford (Canes GM) refused an interview on that basis.

Can you fix this for the city of Vancouver? We need to know all that is hockey.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

The guy was full of shit...

I remember going to a few bars pissed off that the game was on INSTEAD of something else that's going on...

lmfao...

you know Flamma...a couple of years ago...

I coulda talked to Rutherford myself...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Carolina was picked last in Sports Illustrated...

and last or second to last in nearly ever article I ever read...

now I'm sure they were teetering with Buffalo...

but no way did ANYONE pick them to contend anywhere...

don't forget...

Recchi and Weight didn't come to the team until the deadline...

and past Brind'Amour...and maybe Staal (who certainly was no guarantee)...there was nobody on this team...

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by DavidFlamma
    I agree!

Who's going to get Luongo?

Canucks want him and Keenan likes Bert, but I think he's going to LA.

Crawford suffered here from a lack of a money goalie and I bet you he had assurances from ownership that that issue would be addressed.

Plus, LA ownership wants to make a splash, with new coach and marquee goalie.

I still have my fingers crossed...

Ask and ye shall receive !!!!!

And heeeeeeeeeeeeeere we go !!!!!

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=169536&hubname=nhl

Luongo going to Canucks for Bertuzzi
    Bertuzzi and Luongo

TSN.ca Staff

6/23/2006 10:15:12 PM

The Vancouver Canucks and Florida Panthers have completed a multi-player trade involving some big names on the eve of the NHL Draft.

The Panthers have confirmed that they acquired Todd Bertuzzi, Bryan Allen and Alexander Auld from the Canucks in exchange for Roberto Luongo and Lukas Krajicek.

Luongo is a restricted free agent, and the Panthers have been unable to work out a long-term deal. The Miami Herald reported on Tuesday that Panthers general manager Mike Keenan said that the team would explore all options when it came to Luongo.

"This is a trade that addresses a number of needs for our hockey club," Keenan said. "We’ve added an experienced and talented forward, a skilled goaltender and a strong defenceman that we expect to help our team immediately."

Bertuzzi had 25 goals and 71 points last season, following his suspension for attacking Colorado's Steve Moore near the end of the 2004 regular season.

Berfore news of the impending deal broke, Nonis made no bones about the fact that he was shopping.

"He's in the same spot as everyone else, but the media loves to focus on one player," said Nonis of Bertuzzi. "We have a group of players that as a group underachieved which means the majority of those players are available."

Bertuzzi's best season was 2002-2003, when he scored 46 goals and 51 assists.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Wow...not that's an interesting deal...

you're right...the game's afoot...

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

You have got to be fucking kidding me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fucking rights!!!!!!

Bert will do well with a change of scenery.

Fucking yeAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I'm assuming you meant to say "now that's"....

Gonna be a shitload of trades before tomorrow night's draft...

BTW, 6PM EST on OLN.....

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

You have got to be fucking kidding me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fucking rights!!!!!!

Bert will do well with a change of scenery.

Fucking yeAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

I'm here to serve bro...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Shit...going to check the rumor lines as we speak...

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

We had better sign Jovo, with Allen gone.

Auld is good, but not spectacular.

I did have a feeling from last year, but, being the Canucks, doubted those instincts

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

The Penguins' sale process is accelerating, according to two men who identify themselves as serious bidders. It's believed there are interested parties who have not been identified who want to relocate the team to various cities in Canada, Houston or Las Vegas.
    -- Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Unless the Blues are wowed by a last-minute trade proposal, general manager Larry Pleau said Thursday the club will use the No. 1 overall pick in the NHL entry draft on defenseman Erik Johnson.
    -- St. Louis Post-Dispatch

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Even though former Penguins right winger Aleksey Morozov has agreed to a three-year deal to remain in Russia, he still has the option of returning to the NHL this fall, according to his agent. Jay Grossman, who represents Morozov, confirmed yesterday that Morozov has accepted a contract that would tie him to Ak Bars Kazan in the Russian Super League but added that, contrary to reports out of Russia, he remains free to negotiate with NHL clubs.
    -- Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Roddy isn't going anywhere...

we signed our Captain to a cap friendly 5 year deal...

instead of the 5.3 he was to take next year...he took a cut to 4 mill...which he'll make the next 3 years...

and then 3 million the final 2...

Nice...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Hurricanes agree to terms with Brind'Amour on 5-year deal
    June 23, 2006
    CBS SportsLine.com wire reports

RALEIGH, N.C. -- The Carolina Hurricanes have agreed to terms with Rod Brind'Amour for a new five-year contract worth $18 million, keeping the veteran captain with the franchise he led to the Stanley Cup.

Advertisement

The new contract announced by the team Friday will pay him $4 million in each of the first three years and $3 million in each of the last two seasons. It replaces an option that the team and Brind'Amour had for next season, the final year of a six-year extension he signed in September 2001.

The team had an option to keep Brind'Amour for $5.32 million, while Brind'Amour had a player option of about $3 million. Now, the Hurricanes have locked up their do-everything leader until he is 40 years old.

"There is no substitute for having a player as dedicated and determined as Rod to lead the team," general manager and president Jim Rutherford said.

Brind'Amour, who will be 36 entering next season, finished his 17th regular season with 31 goals and 39 assists. He ranked third in the NHL in faceoff percentage (59.1 percent) and led NHL forwards with an average of more than 24 minutes of ice time per game. He tied for eighth in the league with 19 power-play goals.

He followed that by ranking second in the postseason with 12 goals, including two of the biggest in the team's history.

On the first, he scored the go-ahead, third-period goal in Game 7 of the Eastern Conference finals to help Carolina beat Buffalo. Then, with overtime looming in Game 1 of the finals against Edmonton, Brind'Amour stole a botched exchange behind the net and scored in the final minute to cap a rally from a three-goal deficit in the 5-4 victory.

On Thursday, Brind'Amour won the Frank J. Selke Trophy as the league's best defensive forward.

AP NEWS
    The Associated Press News Service

Copyright 2005-2006, The Associated Press, All Rights Reserved

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Jordan Staal, C: Brother No. 3 in hockey's new royal family, Jordan could turn out to be one of the bigger stories of the draft if the Carolina Hurricanes make a rumored move and trade up to get him. Several reports, which he has confirmed hearing, claim the Hurricanes will trade their top pick last year, defenseman Jack Johnson, to Pittsburgh for the second pick and a shot at Jordan. The Hurricanes already have 22-year-old brother Eric, who merely led the playoffs in scoring. Another brother, Marc, is expected to join the New York Rangers defense next season. The fourth brother, 15-year-old Jared, will play major junior next season. Jordan Staal is a little bigger than Eric, but probably not quite as skilled, but scouts say there are several similarities in their games.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

The interesting rumor here in Raleigh is that the Islanders are trying to get back Laviolette...

his contract is up on July 1...

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Now that the Luongo issue is resolved

Where is Chris pronger going?

Apparently some "personal issues" of a family nature surfaced during the regular season and the Oil hoped that the success of the playoffs would help alleviate them, but alas, no.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=169528&hubname=nhl

The Edmonton Oilers are in the midst of what could be a severe shakeup to their roster just days after their Game 7 Stanley Cup Final loss.

NHL sources indicate that Oilers' defenceman Chris Pronger has requested a trade from the club based on "personal, family considerations."

"I think they're more rumblings than anything," Oilers GM Kevin Lowe responded Friday evening. "I'm pretty focused on the draft right now I don't want to get too much into player personnel stuff."

When asked if Pronger had asked to be traded, Lowe responded: "He hasn't' asked me. I'll just leave it at that."

"We just got over a seven-game series in the Stanley Cup finals and there seems to be a lot of discussion about this and I'm not sure where it's coming from," added Lowe. "Let's put it this way. Why would we want to trade Chris Pronger?"

"One thing I've learned in my five or six years as a manager is that stuff tends to out of right field for whatever reasons. It can be agendas, hidden agendas, certain motivations, so nothing surprises me."

However, agent Pat Morris told TSN a trade request has now been made on behalf of his client.

In 80 games with the Oilers this season, Pronger scored 12 goals and 56 points and was a Conn Smythe Trophy candidate through Edmonton's postseason run.

Pronger finished third in postseason scoring with five goals and 16 assists in 24 games.

The St. Louis Blues traded Pronger to Edmonton last August for defencemen Eric Brewer, Doug Lynch and Jeff Woywitka. The veteran defenceman is entering the second year of a five-year contract worth $6.25 million US per year.

Pronger, 31, has played in four NHL all-star games and is a three-time Olympian. The six-foot-six native of Dryden, Ont., has 456 points including 106 goals in 802 NHL games. He won the Hart and Norris trophies in 2000, and was the first player to do so since Bobby Orr in 1972.

He was the No. 2 pick by Hartford in the 1993 NHL Draft and played two seasons with the Whalers before being dealt to the St. Louis Blues for forward Brendan Shanahan.

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I think Ward was a fine choice for Conn Smythe.

But...don't you think Pronger was more deserving? A monster throughout the playoffs and he was 3rd leading scorer. Basically did everything but play goal. Wait, he did kick a few out of the crease!

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Now that the Luongo issue is resolved

Where is Chris pronger going?

Apparently some "personal issues" of a family nature surfaced during the regular season and the Oil hoped that the success of the playoffs would help alleviate them, but alas, no.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=169528&hubname=nhl

The Edmonton Oilers are in the midst of what could be a severe shakeup to their roster just days after their Game 7 Stanley Cup Final loss.

NHL sources indicate that Oilers' defenceman Chris Pronger has requested a trade from the club based on "personal, family considerations."

"I think they're more rumblings than anything," Oilers GM Kevin Lowe responded Friday evening. "I'm pretty focused on the draft right now I don't want to get too much into player personnel stuff."

When asked if Pronger had asked to be traded, Lowe responded: "He hasn't' asked me. I'll just leave it at that."

"We just got over a seven-game series in the Stanley Cup finals and there seems to be a lot of discussion about this and I'm not sure where it's coming from," added Lowe. "Let's put it this way. Why would we want to trade Chris Pronger?"

"One thing I've learned in my five or six years as a manager is that stuff tends to out of right field for whatever reasons. It can be agendas, hidden agendas, certain motivations, so nothing surprises me."

However, agent Pat Morris told TSN a trade request has now been made on behalf of his client.

In 80 games with the Oilers this season, Pronger scored 12 goals and 56 points and was a Conn Smythe Trophy candidate through Edmonton's postseason run.

Pronger finished third in postseason scoring with five goals and 16 assists in 24 games.

The St. Louis Blues traded Pronger to Edmonton last August for defencemen Eric Brewer, Doug Lynch and Jeff Woywitka. The veteran defenceman is entering the second year of a five-year contract worth $6.25 million US per year.

Pronger, 31, has played in four NHL all-star games and is a three-time Olympian. The six-foot-six native of Dryden, Ont., has 456 points including 106 goals in 802 NHL games. He won the Hart and Norris trophies in 2000, and was the first player to do so since Bobby Orr in 1972.

He was the No. 2 pick by Hartford in the 1993 NHL Draft and played two seasons with the Whalers before being dealt to the St. Louis Blues for forward Brendan Shanahan.

A hot rumor, Pens and Oilers talking Pronger for #2 pick....

WOW..... Let's see if that one comes to fruition....

That would wipe out a bunch of the Pens' defensive liabilities....

Gonchar, Orpik, Welch, Pronger....

Hmmm, yeah, I'd take that.....

BTW, I'm reading that the "personal reasons" are that he and his old lady don't like living in Edmonton....

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Fucking Bitch.

Calgary is nicer than Edmonton.

Vancouver is nicer than both by far.

Pronger is only getting traded to an Eastern team, I can guarantee

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

No offense, but I would like to know what Pittsburgh offers that Edmonton doesn't?

More Taco Bell's?

I know that some NBA'ers didn't like the fact their kids weren't being educated in the US.

What do they want? Their kids to pledge their allegiance to the flag?

I am all about being loyal to one's country, but I always found that type of stuff a little creepy to subject our children to. Brainwashing?

I have no idea if Pronger's wife is american, but I find it hard to believe that he would ant out of a Canadian city after just signing a long-term deal. Did he cheat on his wife?

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Hold the phone...

Also hearing about the possibility of Pronger to Florida....

Keenan's got a major bug up his ass this weekend.....

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Keenan is a genius.

He got Bertuzzi and McCabe for Linden years ago

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Is Bryan Allen going to Edmonton?

Nonis won't be pleased.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

On with the draft...

Johnson goes with the first pick...

Staal with the second...

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Draft is underway....

Erik Johnson to the Blues...

Pens grab Staal..... A bit surprised, I thought they'd make a deal for a D-man...

Blackhawks take Toews (the Steelers' Loren Toews' son)...

Caps take Backstrom...

Boston takes Kessel...

A now, the rest of the draft will be a jumble....

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Forget my post...

anyways...

there still could be a deal in the air...

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Two trades so far today....

- Atlanta sent former number one overall pick Patrik Stefan and defenceman Jaroslav Modry to the Stars for Niko Kapanen and a 7th round pick.

- The Calgary Flames made a move to get more offence next season, acquiring forward Alex Tanguay from the Colorado Avalanche in exchange for defenceman Jordan Leopold, a 2006 second round pick, and a conditional second rounder in 2007 or 2008.

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Another big rumor for Pronger...

Ottawa trading Havlat, Phillips and #1 for Pronger...

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Looks like Florida was about to sign Luongo, so that his trade value would be more...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=169602&hubname=nhl

'We made great strides yesterday. I thought we were going to get something long term. I was surprised this whole deal went down.''

The Canucks acquired Luongo, 27, from the Florida Panthers Friday night in a blockbuster trade. Vancouver sent forward Todd Bertuzzi, defenceman Bryan Allen and goaltender Alex Auld to Florida in exchange for Luongo, defenceman Lukas Krajicek and a sixth-round pick.

Luongo said he had reached a tentative four-year deal with the Panthers - he wouldn't say for how much money - hinged on three conditions.

He wanted the team to make a public statement they would not trade him, Florida would hire Francois Allaire as his goaltender coach, and the Panthers would sign goaltender Jamie McLennan as his backup.

''They did not want to meet my three expectations which I thought were not that big a deal,'' he said.

Luongo has married a woman from Florida and recently purchased a new home. He said he would rather stay in Florida but is looking forward to playing in Vancouver.

''I think I'm excited because Vancouver is a great hockey city and they have a great team,'' he said. ''I'm really looking forward to the opportunity of making a run at the Stanley Cup, something I never had a chance to do in my prior seasons in Florida.''

Just Me And My Ganja....
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-09-2017 @ 06:01 PM
    Status
    Thanks

A general rundown.....

Blues take Johnson with top pick Erik Johnson

6/24/2006

(TSN.CA with CP files) - The St. Louis Blues selected American defenceman Erik Johnson with the first pick in the 2006 NHL Entry Draft on Saturday.

The 6-4, 220-pound American emerged as a force at the 2006 World Junior Championship and was the consensus pick as the top player available. He is the fifth American to go first overall.

Blues general manager Larry Pleau had been busy all week fielding calls from other clubs that wanted to trade into the top spot, but did not get the blockbuster he required to give up the first ever number one selection in franchise history.

In the end, he opted to stick with Johnson, a franchise defender. The product of the U.S. National Team Development Program has committed to play for the University of Minnesota next season, but has a good chance to make the Blues instead.

The International Scouting Service notes that Johnson's "tremendous physical skills combined with his great frame and his ability to understand the game make him the best prospect available for the 2006 NHL Entry Draft. He has excellent feet that he can use in both offensive and defensive capacities and is nearly impossible to beat in 1 on 1 situations."

"I was pretty nervous sitting there," he said of the moments leading up to the announcement of his name. "It feels great to be part of the St. Louis Blues organization.

"I feel great right now."

The Pittsburgh Penguins picked second and took centre Jordan Staal of the Peterborough Petes.

Staal is the younger brother of Carolina forward Eric Staal.

"You don't really know where you're going to end up," said Jordan Staal. "Hopefully, I can step up in the next couple years and be a big part of this organization."

Penguins GM Ray Shero said he was particularly impressed with Staal's leadership qualities.

"I want this organization to be about more than one or two or three players," said Shero. "I'm looking forward to having Jordan here and winning a Stanley Cup."

The Chicago Blackhawks took Jonathan Toews of the University of North Dakota with the third pick.

The Washington Capitals took Swedish star Nicklas Backstrom with the fourth pick. The pick was happily announced by Calder Trophy winner Alexander Ovechkin, who might end up playing on Backstrom's wing in Washington.

"I'm sure he's ready to play in the NHL," Ovechkin said.

Boston took Phil Kessel of the University of Minnesota with the fifth pick. Kessel is a game-breaking scorer with breakaway speed. He led all NCAA freshman in scoring this year.

"The wait was pretty difficult," Kessel said.

Asked about his drop in the rankings, he opted to talk about the future.

"I'm just going to go out there and play my game," said Kessel.

With the sixth pick, Columbus took Drummondville forward Derick Brassard. He is an electric offensive player who score 114 points in 58 games with the Voltiguers last season.

The Islanders had the seventh pick and selected Kyle Okposo, a power forward who tore up the USHL last season with Des Moines.

Wayne Gretzky announced the eighth overall pick for the Phoenix Coyotes. He took Everett centre Peter Mueller. He is regarded as a terrific play-maker with good size.

"He's a big boy," Coyotes coach Wayne Gretzky said of Mueller. "He's a proven leader on the team's he's played on.

"We didn't expect to see him at that pick. We're proud to have him."

The Minnesota Wild were up ninth and selected centre James Sheppard of the Cape Breton Screaming Eagles, whom ISS compared to a young Joe Thornton.

The Florida Panthers, fresh off Friday's big trade that landed Todd Bertuzzi in Miami, picked 10th. The Panthers took Czech forward Michael Frolik, a talented player coming off a disappointing season.

Jonathan Bernier Of Lewiston was the first goaltender selected. He went to the Los Angeles Kings with the 11th pick.

The Atlanta Thrashers took Barrie centre Bryan Little with the 12th selection. Little is small but skilled, the kind of player who should do well in the new NHL, but likely would not have been a first rounder three years ago.

The Toronto Maple Leafs were the first Canadian team to pick. They selected Czech forward Jiri Tlusty. He is considered a well-rounded player and was the captain of the Czech team at the World Under-18 Championship.

Next up was the host Vancouver Canucks. General Manager Dave Nonis was cheered loudly by the fans, who apparently approved of his Friday trade for goaltender Roberto Luongo.

Nonis selected Spokane winger Michael Grabner. The Austrian is considered a pure offensive player with good speed who needs to develop his defensive game.

The Tampa Bay Lightning, in need of a goaltender, drafted one from Finland. With the 15th pick, the Lightning called on Riku Hall, a big goaltender who was the top keeper at the 2005 World Under-18 Championship.

The Montreal Canadiens had the 16th pick, but traded it to the San Jose Sharks for the 20th overall pick and the 53rd pick (second round). The Sharks then picked Ty Wishart. He was the first defenceman picked since Erik Johnson went first overall.

The Kings traded forward Pavol Demitra to the Minnesota Wild for Patrick O'Sullivan and the 17th pick in the draft. The Kings picked forward Trevor Lewis, a linemate of Okposo, with the 17th selection.

Colorado took Chris Stewart with the 18th pick. He is the younger brother of Florida winger Anthony Stewart.

Former Vancouver GM Brian Burke got a nice hand from the crowd when he came to the podium to announce Anaheim's selection at number 19. Burke took defensive defenceman Mark Mitera from the University of Michigan.

That brought the Montreal Canadiens back to the podium. Montreal selected high school defenceman David Fischer of Apple Valley. He was Minnesota's Mr. Hockey in 2006 and is slated to play at the University of Minnesota next season.

At 21, the New York Rangers selected Owen Sound defenceman Bob Sanguinetti.

Bob Clarke got a laugh by announcing that he'd forgotten the Philadelphia Flyers selection at 22. He quickly recovered and called for Gatineau's Claude Giroux, a small but skilled forward.

Ovechkin was back at the podium to make Washington's second first round pick. He called the name of Russian goaltender Semen Varlamov for the 23rd overall pick.

Buffalo had the 24th pick and selected Swedish defenceman Dennis Persson.

New Jersey traded the 25th pick to St. Louis for the 30th and 77th picks. The Blues then grabbed Swedish forward Patrik Berglund.

Fresh off their trade for Alex Tanguay, the Calgary Flames took Everett goaltender Leland Irving with the 26th pick. He set Everett franchise records for wins (37), saves (1,504), games played (67) and goals-against average (1.92) in a season.

At 27, the Dallas Stars took Ryoun-Noranda defenceman Ivan Vishnevsky. He's an offensive player with great skating ability.

The Ottawa Senators got some grit with the 28th pick, taking Sudbury winger Nick Foligno. He is the son of former NHLer Mike Foligno.

Detroit traded the 29th pick and the 152nd pick to Phoenix for picks 41 and 47. Gretzky then selected American defenceman Chris Summers. He was the tenth American selected, the most ever in the first round.

The 30th and final selection of the first round went to the Devils after they traded down earlier. New Jersey selected Saginaw defenceman Matthew Corrente.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

This Pronger shit...is just getting started...

should be interesting to see where he might end up...

Thread Information