X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ALinChainz
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Matt White
    THey needed some new blood....and needed to unload some Dinosaurs!!!

We'll see how their doing in Feb!!!
    The new league rules played right into what the Wings like to do, and the players they have in Zetterberg and Datsyuk.

Shanahan seems to be reborn and is off to a hot start.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
      Roth Army Caesar
      • Mar 2003

I've only seen the highlights of Crosby...but he does look like the real deal...

I don't doubt he's as good as they get...

Staal fits into this sniping 'Canes system under Leviolette's system...

I still have the Pens game on tape...haven't watched it yet though...
      "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
        I still have the Pens game on tape...haven't watched it yet though...
        Yeah, helluva game....

Obviously it was different in person, the crowd was constantly roaring after the Pens tied it up with about 10 minutes to go, through the OT, and through the shootout....
        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

2 things about Canes fans...

1. Fairweather...which is understandable...even after the cup run...we still don't have many 'HURRICANE' fans...most are transplants like me...

2. As good as they get when their team is performing. Some teams sell out...but this team sells out...and these fucking fans bring it...
          "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
            Roth Army Caesar
            • Mar 2003

I'm going to watch it tonight...and look for the 'Roth Army' sign...

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
              • Dec 2003

There weren't too many other Pens fans in my section...

There was a big Crosby section in the 2nd level....

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                Roth Army Caesar
                • Mar 2003

Yeah...but there was only one with a Roth Army sign...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                  Roth Army Caesar
                  • Mar 2003

Hurricanes...the Cardiac Kids of the NHL?

No fucking clue what this team is all about...but this team flat out burns teams in the fucking third period...

down 3-1 against my Pens last night...and I'm feeling pretty good...with the Canes playing the night before...and having to pull one out in the third period last night (five goals to win)...

bam...

They outscore the Pens 4-0 in the third...

and to boot...

outshoot the Pens 19-4...HOW THE FUCK DO YOU ONLY GET OFF FOUR FUCKING SHOTS WITH THE NEW RULES?

Carolina had 14 shots coming into the period...

Wow...the Canes are really starting to impress me...the Pens?

can wait for them to gel...as long as they keep getting points...

you have the feeling...when the Pens gel...it's going to be trouble for the rest of the league...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                    Roth Army Caesar
                    • Mar 2003

Jagr with his 11th goal...

anyone want to take a bet on when he stops caring?

I say Christmas time...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                      Roth Army Caesar
                      • Mar 2003

And Dany Heatley with 4 goals last night...to match his season total...and give him 8 for the year...

what a great pickup by Ottawa...here's a guy that was considered to be the top prospect...Atlanta's savior...3 years ago...

car wreck...kills a player...his friend...never gets it back in Atlanta...

new fresh start...and this could be one big fucking year for Ottawa...and for Heatley...

this guy fucked up...but deserved a second chance...

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                        Hurricanes...the Cardiac Kids of the NHL?

No fucking clue what this team is all about...but this team flat out burns teams in the fucking third period...

down 3-1 against my Pens last night...and I'm feeling pretty good...with the Canes playing the night before...and having to pull one out in the third period last night (five goals to win)...

bam...

They outscore the Pens 4-0 in the third...

and to boot...

outshoot the Pens 19-4...HOW THE FUCK DO YOU ONLY GET OFF FOUR FUCKING SHOTS WITH THE NEW RULES?

Carolina had 14 shots coming into the period...

Wow...the Canes are really starting to impress me...the Pens?

can wait for them to gel...as long as they keep getting points...

you have the feeling...when the Pens gel...it's going to be trouble for the rest of the league...
                        It was clear to me that the Pens played the 3rd period like they had a prevent defense on, i.e. playing not to lose, as opposed to trying to get more goals...

But give the Canes credit, they get the goals they needed to get....

But once again, an absolutely TERRIBLE call on Crosby gives them the power play they needed to get the game winning goal...

I know it sounds like sour grapes, but that's the last two losses because of bad officiating...

Overall, I'm feeling better about how the Pens are playing.... The defense has improved a helluva lot, and they're starting to click on offense...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                          Roth Army Caesar
                          • Mar 2003

I saw the call...and agree that it was a bad call...

that being said...

you've (meaning the Pens...not you...lmfao)...have to learn to live through that shit...

they didn't lose that game because of a bad call...

they lost it because of a bad game plan...

I'm always the guy looking at the situation that led to a call being a part of the outcome...

the Pens were up 2 at the end of the second...

you are playing a team that they know full well from tape and experience is going to be throwing the kitchen sink at them...

this is NOT the league to play back...

Pittsburgh has the weapons to take advantage of a team trying to force the issue...they didn't use them...

and let them get into a position to let a bad call cost them...

learning experience...

hope the coaches learn as well...

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                            • Dec 2003

They'd better be quick learners...

They've got a 5 game road trip now (Devils, Isles, Bruins, Rangers, Thrashers)...

Something tells me they'll play even better on the road....

Comment

• Dave's PA Rental
                              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

The other night im watching the Bruins-Leafs game, when right after a face-off, a Bruin and a Leaf (I dont even know anyone's names anymore) dropped the gloves and had a good old fashioned hockey fight.

I was caught by surprise because I seriously FORGOT THERE WAS FIGHTING IN HOCKEY!!!!!

I swear, I had forgotten about fighting in hockey! It was awesome!

And last night I saw my first shoot-out of the season against NJ. I hadnt seen a shoot-out since I went to an AHL game in Portland, Maine in 1984...
                              Maybe this is what a heroine addict feels like after getting a long awaited fix, shooting up in the corner of some abandoned building and just not giving a fuck about what the rest of the world thinks...TATTOO"

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                                • Dec 2003

Yeah, I saw the 1st one for the Pens in Raleigh on the 7th....

Even though the Pens lost it, it was pretty fucking exciting...

Sold out crowd on their feet, the place was rocking...

Lemieux, Palffy, and Crosby shut out by the rookie goaltender....

Comment

Working...