Page 34 of 68 FirstFirst ... 2021222324252627282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,360 of 2710

Thread: The Official NHL Thread

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-28-2024 @ 09:22 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,517 Times in 2,422 Posts

Chris Pronger out for the season and playoffs with severe post-concussion.....

I suppose he'll be called soft, too....
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:22 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,508 Times in 1,989 Posts

Chris Pronger is as old as the hills, and has been in many wars. Comparing him to Crosby is insane. Crosby has grown complacent already. He has enough dough, that he doesn't have to play anymore. I think he has lost his passion for the game. I hope I am wrong, because the NHL needs him. But I think he has. Guys used to play through just about anything. Not anymore. They shouldn't have to pay the motherfuckers if they don't play. I bet Crosby's post concussion syndrome wouldn't be so bad then. I mean, come on. The fucker has been out nearly a YEAR with this shit. He needs to man up, or quit the game. I'm sure his husband (Mario) will give him some sort of job in the Penguins organization.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    03-04-2024 @ 05:42 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Crosby plays the game 10 times more physical than Gretz or Mario.

You can say anything you want about about Crosby, but his toughness is beyond reproach.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Romeo Delight View Post
    Crosby plays the game 10 times more physical than Gretz or Mario.
    Did anybody say he doesn't?

You can say anything you want about about Crosby, but his toughness is beyond reproach.
    Like I said in my previous post, I simply wonder if he hasn't lost his passion for the game. You should know as well as anyone, Crosby has been playing the game a LONG time. He has plenty of money, and can probably get a job with the Penguins if he must have something to do. My youngest has been on the ice since he was 2, and has been playing on teams since he was 4. I don't know how old Crosby is, but I am sure he started at a very young age too. That amount of time in any "career" is a long time. I predict he will retire before the end of this season.

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Hey Matt!!! Quite the tilt between the Nucks and Wings last night. The better team won of course.

Lots of aftermath from this one. The Edler goal was ruled today that it shouldn't have counted...but then shoudn't have been a penalty on the Wing for bringing Edler down? A strange play to be sure. The Wings can't say they were dealt an unfair hand as they had 4 or 5 power plays to Vancouver's zero.

Kronwall leaving his feat on the Kesler hit is bush...not to mention turning his back to make the hit!!??? What exactly is that? If you are going to make a hit, make it . Don't turn your back as you launch yourself in mid-air. Probably not suspendable but should have been a penalty. League rules say any hit where you leave your feet is a penalty. Not sure how that was missed.

Kesler sticking his leg out on the next shift should have also been a penalty. Then again, if Kronwall fights Kesler , that probably doesn't happen. Kronwall should have fought.

Luongo was a stud in the third as the Wings pushed hard for a tie.

Look at the Youtube and the Detroit commentators..."The head wasn't the initial point of contact" I guess so. But still, I am not sure this is the type of stuff we want in the league.

Kesler admits he needs to keep his head up on this play which is a refreshing take...Kesler just wanted to fight him afterwards and was not happy he refused. I am sure there will be retribution in the next couple of games. Can't wait.

Last edited by Romeo Delight; 12-22-2011 at 05:07 PM.

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Here's a clean Kronwall hit:

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I don't know if the NHL owes Kronwall money or anything, but that guy has ZERO career fights and has NEVER been suspended....

Shocking for someone who makes his living on borderline, many of them quite dirty, hits.....

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Yeah, you have to fight. Even Lapierre...a hated pest of sorts on the Nucks, drops the gloves and takes care of himself quite well.

If I were the Wings I wouldn't be too happy with Kronwall, hitting one of the Canucks best checkers (and scorers)... Kesler can lay out a hit pretty well. Who do you think he will target? Probably one of the Wing's skilled players.

If he had fought it would all be over.

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I still say that hit is a reckless play...one that the NHL should suspend if they are at all serious about head-shots.

Please explain how Kronwall can tell what he is doing by hitting someone, jumping and with his back to the player (because he doesn't want to risk getting hurt himself).

It was fortunate Kesler doesn't have a concussion, but all hits to the head like this one, should likely be a minor. Leaving your feet in this manner is also a charging minor.

If Kronwall lowers the shoulder and hits Kesler in the shoulder...great hit. This is just weak

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Never want to see this, but I wonder if this happens to a cleaner player? The removal of the instigator rule would take care of this type of stuff from happening IMO. Kronwall would be taken to task his very next shift after he lays out one of his hits. He would fight or be forced to turtle and suffer the shame of being a complete pussy. I don't think he gets challenged for clean hits.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Kronwall, like most of the Wings, is a bitch. He wouldn't drop the gloves for anything. Him and Holmostrom fucking run around shooting off their mouths all the time, but never ever drop the gloves.

Use my hand, I won't look
    ____Van Fuckin' Halen____
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    10-27-2020 @ 08:17 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,707 Times in 1,035 Posts

So yeah, pens, red wings, blah blah blah... How shocked will you all be when the Panthers make the playoffs and possibly bump one your perennial contenders? Discuss...

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I like the Panthers. It would be great for the league if Florida can be a regular playoff team.

14. Thanked Romeo Delight for this KICKASS post:

VAiN (01-05-2012)

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Hey VA...kind of disappointed in the Pens fans reaction to Jagr.

He really did work hard in Pittsburgh. So he went to someone willing to pay him more than a pittance...and he gets booed for that?

C'mon

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Hey VA...kind of disappointed in the Pens fans reaction to Jagr.

He really did work hard in Pittsburgh. So he went to someone willing to pay him more than a pittance...and he gets booed for that?

C'mon
    I was there...

I would say that the main reason is that he said over and over that he would come back and finish his career for Mario.... But not only did he not come back, but to sign for the Flyers was the kicker....

Stay Frosty!
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-29-2016 @ 09:21 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Va Beach VH Fan View Post
    I was there...

I would say that the main reason is that he said over and over that he would come back and finish his career for Mario.... But not only did he not come back, but to sign for the Flyers was the kicker....
    There ya go - joining a hated rival will always be cause for contempt.

Just ask Red Sox fans how they felt watching Wade Boggs and Roger Clemens wear Yankee pinstripes.

Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    07-04-2017 @ 04:04 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Lots of speculation on twitter that Crosby is done for the season

Stay Frosty!
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pennypacker View Post
    Lots of speculation on twitter that Crosby is done for the season
    Frankly, I think he's done for good - he's officially entered Marc Savard territory.

Sadly, the NHL will continue to permanently lose skilled talent until they wake up and completely ban head shots.
    The NHL has had plenty of opportunities to turn it around, and they've dropped the ball every time.

Heck, the hit that Chara dished out on Max Paciorrety last season didn't even draw a penalty; let alone a suspension.

Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

The Ducks GM said today that the only untouchables on his team are Selanne and Koivu. Does this mean he would listen on Getzlaf, Ryan, and former Hart winner Perry? Might be a fire sale in Anaheim.

Stay Frosty!
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

The Ducks GM said today that the only untouchables on his team are Selanne and Koivu. Does this mean he would listen on Getzlaf, Ryan, and former Hart winner Perry? Might be a fire sale in Anaheim.
    Naming the two oldest players on your roster as "untouchable" is a piss-poor strategy for a team that's looking to rebuild.

If anything, those should be the first players he trades in order to shave payroll and stockpile some draft picks...

No wonder that organization is a complete mess.

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Interesting... Florida wouldn't mind a solid #2 center and/or a sniper come deadline time...

Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VAiN View Post
    Interesting... Florida wouldn't mind a solid #2 center and/or a sniper come deadline time...
    The Panthers are having a surprising season. Even after their big free agent haul many were still expecting a 10th place finish. Who knew most of these signings would have such an impact early on, especially that bum (and former Leaf) Versteeg. If the Panthers have control of that 3rd spot in the East, would that be enough to sway a player like Getzlaf or Ryan? And who do you give up? Stephen Weiss has been tossed around in trade talks for years, and maybe a younger player like Mike Santorelli or powerplay threat Jason Garrison. Should be interesting to see who goes where, and I wouldnt mind my Leafs picking up Hiller/Ryan in a package deal.

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Yesterday's Bruins Canucks game was easily the game of the year. Finally the refs called some of he cheap nonsense the Bruins are known for.

Everyone loves good hitting and fights. But these Bruins are giving two-handers and shots to the face AFTER the whistle, which is bush. I don't know how many two-handers to the back of the Sedins legs we need to see. Remember, these are the leading scorers in the entire NHL...can't believ the league lets it happen.

Apparently, Marchand's clip on Salo is being looked at for a suspension. Marchand was hit by Salo about 20 seconds earlier...he was about to be hit cleanly again and decided to drop to his knees to take out teh Canuck player's legs. He is likely out a few weeks with a shoulder injury.

Bruins are a cheap team that can play tough between the whistles if they wanted to. Nice result yesterday.

Here is a link to see the most complete highlights:

<object width="640" height="383" id="embed" classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000"><param name="movie" value="http://nhl.cdn.neulion.net/u/videocenter/embed.swf" /><param name="quality" value="high" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="flashVars" value="catid=805&id=147914&server=http://video.canucks.nhl.com/videocenter/&pageurl=http://video.canucks.nhl.com/videocenter/&nlwa=http://app2.neulion.com/videocenter/nhl/" /><embed name="embed" pluginspage="http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer" src="http://nhl.cdn.neulion.net/u/videocenter/embed.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="383" quality="high" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" flashVars="catid=805&id=147914&server=http://video.canucks.nhl.com/videocenter/&pageurl=http://video.canucks.nhl.com/videocenter/&nlwa=http://app2.neulion.com/videocenter/nhl/"></embed></object>

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Marshand's cowardly hit...he was kicked out of the game and Nucks got a 5 minute power play and scored twice.

Thomas butt-ended a Canuck lying prone on the ice. Bunch of punks these Bruins.

ROTH KILL!
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-17-2021 @ 08:52 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Oh shit, looks like the Red Wings are playing the Blackhawks next Saturday on NBC! Which is a plus, seeing that I don't have cable or satellite.

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Marchand suspended 5 games = 150k

Well, despite the ridiculously partisan Boston media defending and even rejoicing in Salo's concussion from the Marchand cowardly hit, Shanny delivers a scathing review of the incident and calls out Marchand, which is exactly as it should be. Julien is looking the fool today as well after his defence of the hit...calling it a defensive play. Yeah, right

Marchand is heading towards a 10 game suspension for the next incident. Here is a complete account by Shanny:

<object width="640" height="383" id="embed" classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000"><param name="movie" value="http://nhl.cdn.neulion.net/u/videocenter/embed.swf" /><param name="quality" value="high" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="flashVars" value="catid=60&id=148388&server=http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/&pageurl=http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/&nlwa=http://app2.neulion.com/videocenter/nhl/" /><embed name="embed" pluginspage="http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer" src="http://nhl.cdn.neulion.net/u/videocenter/embed.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="383" quality="high" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" flashVars="catid=60&id=148388&server=http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/&pageurl=http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/&nlwa=http://app2.neulion.com/videocenter/nhl/"></embed></object>

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...d=60&id=148388
    Last edited by Romeo Delight; 01-09-2012 at 06:59 PM.

Full On Cocktard
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-14-2013 @ 06:58 PM
    Status
    Thanks

have to wonder how much longer columbus will last ? bring back the oakland seals !!!!

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

It appears that the Boston GM has gone blind...or perhaps the fact that one of their player's Dad being in the league office makes them think they can get away with anything.

Calling out Shanny as not knowing the rules (Marchand) and calling into question this ruling with such aplomb is unbelievable, given the explicit evidence before them.

I don't know how many of you know the history of the NHL and the old boy's network that ran it, but basically there are some incredible stories that you wouldn't believe involving Ziegler, etc.

I am starting to wonder if only now, with an actual person with hockey knowledge and no ties to this network, are we seeing rulings with any sense attached to them.

Both the Boston GM and Marchand should be fined and suspended for their comments

∞ SHEEP PEN GYPSY
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-25-2024 @ 06:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,031 Times in 685 Posts

Still think the Canucks ae a bunch of sissies ......but that was a dirty hit

So glad Shanny got that job....a stand-up guy his entire career that wasn't afraid to play physical & CLEAN.....

its one thing to send an opponent Ass-over-tea-kettle with an open ice hip check.....

THAT was a pussy move....DROP that BULLSHIT instigator rule and let the players DEAL with these cheapshot artist...RED WINGS included

Bob Probert would have beaten a guy retarded for a cheap shot like that...the NHL needs a bench clearing brawl the next time something like this happens

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

The Panthers are having a surprising season. Even after their big free agent haul many were still expecting a 10th place finish. Who knew most of these signings would have such an impact early on, especially that bum (and former Leaf) Versteeg. If the Panthers have control of that 3rd spot in the East, would that be enough to sway a player like Getzlaf or Ryan? And who do you give up? Stephen Weiss has been tossed around in trade talks for years, and maybe a younger player like Mike Santorelli or powerplay threat Jason Garrison. Should be interesting to see who goes where, and I wouldnt mind my Leafs picking up Hiller/Ryan in a package deal.
    Count me as one of the most surprised people... I love it, it's like 1996 all over again. Versteeg is anything but a bum, he's been fan-fucking-tastic down here! Guess he just needed to be in the right space.. I love him, and hope we re-sign him to at least a 3-year deal.

I feel like Weiss will retire a Panther.. he's been here for so long and seems to get better every year.. Santorelli is definitely the odd-man out, I can see him being packaged with a defenceman not named Garrison or Campbell. The Panthers will most likely be buyers come deadline time.. I've pretty uch loved every Tallon move so far!

32. Thanked VAiN for this KICKASS post:

Pennypacker (01-19-2012)

ROTH KILL!
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

ROTH KILL!
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

You know what, forget watching NBC online. They interrupt the middle of play with COMMERCIALS!!!

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-01-2016 @ 03:22 AM
    Status
    Thanks

This may not be the correct forum, but if any Red Wings/Yzerman fans have an interest in a size 52 on ice CCM jersey w/fight strap - I have 1 from way back I would get rid of for $55 shipped
    (some minor discoloration in a couple of spots,but no tears or rips)

Quote Originally Posted by BITEYOASS View Post

Just Me And My Ganja....
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-09-2017 @ 06:01 PM
    Status
    Thanks

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Nice! That's good comedy right there..

Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

That Taylor Hall incident was fuckin' nasty!

Oh, and FU Full Bug, Leafs won tonight!

Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

word from Boston is that the Bruins owner is beyond upset with Tim Thomas and his selfish act.

This is the last year of his "no movement" clause. He is as good as done.

Teamates calling him a bleeping bleeping.....wow...that's bad.

Such a shame to see the Bruins fall apart like this

ROTH KILL!
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

word from Boston is that the Bruins owner is beyond upset with Tim Thomas and his selfish act.

This is the last year of his "no movement" clause. He is as good as done.

Teamates calling him a bleeping bleeping.....wow...that's bad.

Such a shame to see the Bruins fall apart like this
    Good! I'm glad they're falling apart! It will make it easier for the Red Wings to win the Stanley Cup.

Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BITEYOASS View Post
    Good! I'm glad they're falling apart! It will make it easier for the Red Wings to win the Stanley Cup.
    Most importantly, it makes it easier for the Leafs to win the East!

Thread Information