X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Full Bug
    Its OK, I still have a hangover from the party we had when the Toronto Blue Jays won the World Series 10 or so years ago....
    Oh my God, you came back with a Blue Jays reference.....
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Full Bug
      He is at 97 points? I had no idea he was doing so well, a shame for him the Pens suck so bad.....
      Yes, the Pens still have the worst record (by 1 point less than the Blues)....

But there is NO QUESTIONING that the Pens have been one of the most improved teams in the league the last few months....

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Romeo Delight
        ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

So one guy has 17 points and another 14 and there is no comparison?

Come on VA, you know how much I hate the Leafs but Sundin has pulled a Jordan-like performance here, willing his team back from the abyss where no one thought they had a chance at the playoffs.

The pressure in Toronto is immense and he has singe-handedley given the Leafs a chance.

Crosby's feats in the last two weeks just don't compare, although I am happy for his recent surge.
        Obviously he has had a great year despite his team's performance. I am always rooting for Canadian boys...hope Thornton beats out that prima donna jagr for the scoring title.
        sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
          • Dec 2003

Wow, Jordan didn't flash into my mind when I thought of Sundin....

Look at who Sundin is surrounded with as compared to Crosby....

Look at who the linemates Crosby lost over the course of this year, that being Lemieux, Palffy, and Recchi....

His two current linemates (Armstrong and Hilbert) were both on the waiver wire this year !!!

Comment

• Romeo Delight
            ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Did you watch any of the Toronto game VA?

Sundin was nothing less than Jordan-like in the way he pulled his team to wins in every game.

He either scored or assisted on every winning goal in this streak.

He was the driving force in every victory.

You cannot compare goals and assists in "garbage-time" to overtime game winners and game tying goals when your team is vying for th e last playoff spot.

Sundin has been playing huge down the stretch in a pressure cooker of an environment.

Antropov and Ponikarovsky superstars???I think not.

If anything, Pitssburgh had what ws thought to be a good lineup compared to the Leafs (don't make me dig up your posts from earlier in the year
            sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
              • Dec 2003

I didn't watch the entire game, I watched all of the highlights...

I just can't use a Jordan-like comparison, the only hockey players to deserve that comparison are Gretz, Lemieux, and Orr...

And again, don't get me wrong, he's had a great run...

But you have to admit, Antropov and Poni were nowhere near the waiver wire....

And the Pens didn't have that lineup for very long.... Lemieux retired in December, Palffy in January....

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Almost every goal Sundin scored was a slapshot where he just blew it by every goaltender like they were a pee-wee goalie = Jordan-like.

Not to mention being so clutch. 4 goals and 2 assists in a 6-5 OT victory where they HAD to have the win = Amazing.
                sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                  ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Sundin assists on opening goal vs Ottawa in yet another must-win
                  sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Full Bug
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Jan 2004

Sundin blah blah blah, it doesnt matter now.....

The season is a failure -- McCabe

Their season gone to waste, the Maple Leafs last night took full responsibility for their inability to make the playoffs despite an admirable late charge.

"The season is a failure," defenceman Bryan McCabe said. "(The post-season) is what you play for. You only get so many opportunities to play for the Stanley Cup and this is two years in a row down the tubes (including the lockout) and it is not a good feeling.

"We have no one to blame but ourselves. We put ourselves in this spot. You have to do the job in January and February. That is where we let it slip and we are paying for it now."

The Leafs were third in the Northeast Division and sixth in the Eastern Conference on Jan. 10 after a loss to the Canucks in Vancouver. But they lost the next seven and began to fall, though it was not until they lost to the New York Rangers at home on Feb. 11 that they tumbled out of the top eight in the conference.

The late-blooming Leafs mulched their bitter rivals from Ottawa 5-1 last night, but on the dressing room TV, they watched a 3-2 overtime win by the Tampa Bay Lightning over the Carolina Hurricanes, giving the eighth-place Bolts an insurmountable four-point lead over the Leafs.

With two games to play, Toronto can't catch Tampa, which has the tiebreaker on wins. Atlanta remains three points back of Tampa.

"We're pretty sombre," forward Kyle Wellwood said as the Leafs dispersed from the room. "We'd start getting optimistic (during the streak) and then we'd look at the out-of-town scores.

"But when you're undefeated in 10 regulation games (18 of a possible 20 points and the first win in eight tries against the Senators this season), it means something. Guys like Jean-Sebastien Aubin and Matt Stajan have really stepped up."

Darcy Tucker established a career high with his 60th point last night but it meant nothing to the 31-year-old, whose work ethic was matched by some of his teammates only when it became too late.

"You live to play in the playoffs," Tucker said. "There is nothing else that meets those sort of goals in your life. Besides having children and a family there is no other thing in life than winning hockey games in the playoffs. It's like having your heart ripped out."

SUNDIN OUT FOR WORLDS

Mats Sundin said he will not play for Sweden in the world championship next month, but was not as forthcoming when he said "you're asking the wrong person," when asked what changes with the Leafs should be made this summer.

Like McCabe, Sundin pointed to the struggles in January and February as unacceptable.

"It shouldn't come down to this part of the season to try to make it in," Sundin said. "We should be in a position where we had a playoff spot. I am very proud of the way our team has rallied, (we have) a lot of character. But we started to play like this too late."
                    Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"

Comment

• guwapo_rocker

QUICK!! Re-sign Aki Berg!!!!!!!

Comment

• guwapo_rocker

Antropov is a fucking pylon!!

Comment

• Full Bug
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by guwapo_rocker
                          QUICK!! Re-sign Aki Berg!!!!!!!
                          Quick!! Kill me now!!!!!
                          Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"

Comment

• guwapo_rocker

It was good to see Aubin do so well lately.

But he should have been given a shot months ago.

Typical Leafs, go with the old guy til' ya have to shoot him.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Speakin' of the Leafs, I hope Darcy F'ucker swallows his teeth in today's game, the little Rat-bitch!!

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                                ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                                Speakin' of the Leafs, I hope Darcy F'ucker swallows his teeth in today's game, the little Rat-bitch!!
                                Just when you think he has sunk as low as he can go he proves you wrong.

Idiot who deserves anything that happens to him.

What kind of a pussy suckers somone with his gloves on like he did to Alfredsson?
                                sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

Working...