X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Full Bug
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Jan 2004

The Cups coming back to Canada, you heard it here first.....
    Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"

Comment

• Romeo Delight
      ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Full Bug
      The Cups coming back to Canada, you heard it here first.....
      I don't think that matters anymore.

Lots of US teams have a boatload of Canadian players, and many have more than Canadian teams.

I've stopped caring about that and just want good hockey.
      sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
        • Dec 2003

Well, it sure as fuck ain't coming back to Toronto any time soon.....

Sorry, had to throw another dig in there....

But there's definitely a chance that the Oilers can win the whole thing...
        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

You really have to put Edmonton up there as one of the franchises that get it...

obviously with the Gretzky years...

then the Messier title...

and they seem to be in the mix a bit here and there...

and are never far from being good...
          "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Romeo Delight
            ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

i think the NHL has to tinker with the game a little more.

I always said they should make the ice a little bigger...not int'l size, but bigger.

That way, there is still hitting and less onus on the officials to make calls, and the skilled players can still prosper.

Oilers made the third period of their first game unbearable with the trap.

Need something to make the game better.

Look at an NBA game in the fourth...such potential for drama.

They need to do something to end the trap. Bigger ice answers all of the problems.
            sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Romeo Delight
              ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by POJO_Risin

and are never far from being good...
              This year they were one of the least consistent teams in the West, especially down the stretch.

The only team worse than them in the West (among playoff contenders) was the Canucks.

The Oilers were horrible...couldn't win two games in a row to save their dying mothers.

Lowe was being ridiculed for getting Roloson for a first rounder as he was not adjusting well to his new team.

If the Canucks win one game down the stretch (out of 8 or so) they are in and the Oilers don't even make the playoffs.

As it turned out, Lowe was right...Roloson was just rusty, not having played much in Minny the month or more before the trade and he needed to adjust to his new defenceman, etc.

Amazing how small a line there is between total failure and success
              sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Angel
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Jan 2004

This city is fucking rocking! Our Oilers are going all the way, baby!

Time for Lord Stanley to come back home!

WOOHOO!!!!!!
                "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                  Roth Army Caesar
                  • Mar 2003

Canes looked good...

the winner of the East will blow out Edmonton...IMO...if they make it to the finals...

both teams are much quicker than the Oilers trap...

the key will be the goalies...of course...
                  "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                    ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Miller let in bad goals.

Good series.

I don't know. Edmonton is looking good with Pronger, Peca, Smyth.

I've never seen Pronger look so mobile and dominant.

He had a shitty season
                    sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• guwapo_rocker

They just said on the news there's a beer emergency

in Edmonton. Bahahahahaha....I love Canada!!!

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                        Roth Army Caesar
                        • Mar 2003

If Miller is letting in bad goals...that's bad news for Buffalo...

Comment

• guwapo_rocker

Angel, I'll UPS ya some cases of Canadian, you sell em for

$100.00 a case and we'll split the profits.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                            Roth Army Caesar
                            • Mar 2003

I'm pretty sure that Carolina's gameplan....based on the 2nd half of game 1...is to throw the puck toward the net...and just see what happens...and that's what they did last night...

They had a bunch of opportunites...and took them...and their defense was decent...

I'm not thrilled with Ward...he's shown some cracks...and would prefer Gerber right now...but we'll see...

I expect nothing less than 7 games...

Comment

• Angel
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by guwapo_rocker
                              Angel, I'll UPS ya some cases of Canadian, you sell em for

$100.00 a case and we'll split the profits.
                              The Whyte Ave bars had emergency shipments sent up from Calgary yesterday.

There is so much energy in this city right now, it's UNBELIEVABLE!

Watch for the SWEEP tomorrow night.
                              "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                                ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Miller plays decent, Buffalo wins.

They will prevail in this series.
                                sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

Working...