X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

As far as tickets from friends...

I may snag 1 here...1 there...but no way they give up going to the finals...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
      Roth Army Caesar
      • Mar 2003

and let's not get ahead of ourselves...lmfao...

Buffalo's tough...and it's in their house in game 6...

this might have been a backbreaker though...
      "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
        • Dec 2003

I was thinking the same thing this morning...

How close Buffalo came, especially on that breakaway, to being UP 3-2 and going home for game 6....
        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Angel
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Jan 2004

WE'RE GOING TO THE FUCKING CUP!!!! YEEHAW...
          "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• Romeo Delight
            ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
            I was thinking the same thing this morning...

How close Buffalo came, especially on that breakaway, to being UP 3-2 and going home for game 6....

They're down 3 defencemen...it is a miracle that team.

What character.

How about Staal!

Guy is dangerous every time he is on the ice. He is tough, can shoot like Bobby Hull, and skate like Pavel Bure!

How Gretz left him off the Canadian team is beyond me.
            sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• POJO_Risin
              Roth Army Caesar
              • Mar 2003

I was watching Staal last night...

and you are right...

he reminded me so much of Francis with the puck...but he's much more physical...

Bret Yamaguchi with a score with 3 minutes left...

again...you get the impression that Buffalo wasted their opportunity...

Buffalo came out tonight like a house on fire...

and their Defense tonight has been incredible...

But Carolina has woken up on D...

what a fucking series...

other than the 4-0 shellacking in Buffalo...

it's been everything I expected...

Carolina is so dangerous in overtime...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                Roth Army Caesar
                • Mar 2003

Buffalo wins...here comes game 7...

in Carolina...

wow...I gotta give Buffalo all the credit in the world...they played an absolute fantastic game...

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                  ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Dora to Bump Stanley Cup Playoff Game

One month after a tricky logjam with the Ottawa Senators' home playoff schedule, Dora the Explorer may be involved in another head-to-head matchup with the Western Conference champion Edmonton Oilers.

The Dora the Explorer stage show is booked at Rexall Place for June 17, the same day the National Hockey League has scheduled a possible Game 6 of the Stanley Cup Final.

A Northlands Park spokeswoman told the Edmonton Journal that the league, Rexall Place and organizers of the Dora show were all working together to come up with a solution.

In the second round, the Senators delayed Game 2 against Buffalo because the popular children's character had five shows scheduled at Scotiabank Place on May 6 and 7.

The Oilers will play either the Carolina Hurricanes or the Buffalo Sabres in the Stanley Cup Final.

sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• guwapo_rocker

Dora rules!

Ask my daughter.

You don't mes with 5,000 3 year olds.

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                      ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

If these Sabres win tonight, it could be the single most grittiest playoff performance in history.

I can think of other workmanlike teams that had success, but they benefitted from once in a lifetime goaltenders emerging (Patrick Roy).

Although their goaltending is good, that is not the reason the Sabres are here, on the verge of possibly making the Stanley Cup Finals.
                      sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                        ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

I do have a little problem from the "courageous" referees who dare to call penalties in OT and 5 on threes in the playoffs.

They know full well, that if they don't, others will be taking their jobs as the playoffs wind down.

It has been exciting though.

I think they should call the open ice stuff and let the players win battles in the corners, etc.

Lacrosse has rules whereby if you enter the semi-circle in front of the crease (a large area - 20-30 ft) you can be hammered.

Something similar could work for hockey, I think.

Again, with a slightly bigger ice surface as well
                        sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                          Roth Army Caesar
                          • Mar 2003

It is pretty damn frustrating to have the game ultimately decided on a dive...but such is life...

Miller's been really good...but really...that entire team has played such a fundamentally sound defense...that it makes him look perhaps better than he has been...

Tonights game should be interesting with both coaches harping at each other...

This series has been everything I expected it to be...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                            Roth Army Caesar
                            • Mar 2003

Ruff opened his mouth up at the press conference...

and I can guarantee you that every player on the 'Canes roster will want to shove those words down his throat...

So the question is...will Buffalo be the more loose team...

or will the Canes come out like barnburners...

should be interesting to find out...

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                              ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                              It is pretty damn frustrating to have the game ultimately decided on a dive...but such is life...

In the split second that it happened, they had to call it, especially given the call in the third that went the other way.

Maybe they should have bumpers in the corner that shoot the puck out like pinball, to avoid hits from behind/dives

That will get the US TV audience in a hurry.
                              sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                                ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

I think Ruff's words will inspire his team more than the other way around.

he has been doing this all year, and you see the results...
                                sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

Working...