Page 52 of 68 FirstFirst ... 23839404142434445464748495051525354555657585960616263646566 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,080 of 2710

Thread: The Official NHL Thread

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:11 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,560 Times in 3,448 Posts

Let the draft begin!
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    03-04-2024 @ 05:42 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Sure hope the Nucks trade Schneider to Edmonton for their first rounder and a prospect.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

"It goes to 11."
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-08-2018 @ 02:53 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Blackhawks traded Bolland and Frolik for a bunch of draft picks......

Use my hand, I won't look
    ____Van Fuckin' Halen____
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    10-27-2020 @ 08:17 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,707 Times in 1,035 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Take 'Em View Post
    I'd take picks for Frolik any day of the week. His production to salary isn't very impressive - like his shot.

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Those are great moves...now they can take some chances in the draft and keep building.

I'll never understand why teams give up 1st and second rounders for rentals...it never works

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-13-2020 @ 09:48 AM
    Status
    Thanks

I think these moves were made to free up cap space to
    pay Bickell. They're probably gonna let Stalberg test the waters.
    This looks like the same model Stan's dad used in Detroit.
    Pay the top 5-6 guys and rotate the rest of the roster.
    Thought I read somewhere that Bolland and a couple
    other guys were getting their teammates to autograph
    their jerseys during the parade Friday. Must have seen it coming.

"It goes to 11."
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Whorehey View Post
    I think these moves were made to free up cap space to
    pay Bickell. They're probably gonna let Stalberg test the waters.
    This looks like the same model Stan's dad used in Detroit.
    Pay the top 5-6 guys and rotate the rest of the roster.
    Thought I read somewhere that Bolland and a couple
    other guys were getting their teammates to autograph
    their jerseys during the parade Friday. Must have seen it coming.
    I would pay guys like Bickell and Shaw vs having a Frolik not going into the traffic areas to score tough goals .

"It goes to 11."
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

This just says it all.......

942333_10151685394733850_873940313_n.jpg

9. 2 users say thank you to Take 'Em for this KICKASS post:

BITEYOASS (10-28-2013),Romeo Delight (07-03-2013)

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-28-2024 @ 09:22 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,517 Times in 2,422 Posts

Hold on, are you telling me that Juwan Howard actually did something in the last 10 years ??

11. Thanked Va Beach VH Fan for this KICKASS post:

VAiN (07-02-2013)

∞ SHEEP PEN GYPSY
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-25-2024 @ 06:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,031 Times in 685 Posts

RIP SHAWN.....thanks for the memories

Former Red Wings winger Shawn Burr dies

http://www.clickondetroit.com/sports...m/-/index.html

47-year-old Burr dies after fall at home

DETROIT -
    Former Detroit Red Wings winger Shawn Burr has died. He was 47.

Burr died Monday evening at a Detroit-area hospital after falling at his home this weekend.

The former professional hockey player had been battling cancer. Local 4 has learned Burr hit his head when he fell this weekend, but the exact cause of death is not yet known.

Burr was drafted 7th overall by the Red Wings in 1984. He played 878 games with Detroit, the Tampa Bay Lightning and the San Jose Sharks.

During the course of his career he scored 181 goals and tallied 259 assists. His most notable season with the Red Wings was 1989-90 when he scored 56 points in 76 games.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:35 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,508 Times in 1,989 Posts

What a good dude. Sorry to see him pass at such a young age. He has been through hell recently, and hopefully he is at peace now.

I used to workout with Shawn at the Powerhouse gym on Gratiot and Metro Parkway. I don't mean we worked out at the same gym, I mean I worked out with him. I used to get him riled up by talking about Martin LaPointe! Ha ha! He hated him even more than I did! Said he was a steroid punk that did his bench presses by raising the bar 2 inches off his chest! Fuck, Shawn was a funny dude. Very good friends with my Son's current coach too.

RIP Shawn Burr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. 2 users say thank you to Von Halen for this KICKASS post:

Matt White (08-06-2013),TFM_Dale (08-07-2013)

∞ SHEEP PEN GYPSY
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Shawn Burr remembered as great teammate, 'full of life'

http://www.sportingnews.com/nhl/stor...-steve-yzerman

Shawn Burr, who played 16 years in the NHL, mostly with the Detroit Red Wings, died Monday. He was 47.

Dave Goetze, a friend of Burr's, told The Associated Press Burr was making progress in a fight against leukemia, but he died from brain trauma after a fall at his Detroit-area home. Goetze has worked for the Shawn Burr Foundation in support of blood cancer research.

Burr was a first-round draft pick by the Red Wings in 1984.

He made his NHL debut in 1984-85 and was with the Red Wings until 1995. He also played for the Tampa Bay Lightning and San Jose Sharks. In 878 NHL games, Burr scored 181 goals with 259 assists and 1,069 penalty minutes.

On Tuesday, Burr was remembered as a great teammate who played hard—and loved to talk—and took that mindset into his personal pursuits.

From MLive.com:

After being drafted by the Red Wings in 1984, Burr scored 84 goals during his final two junior seasons. That included 60 in 1985-86, when he had 127 points. He never came close to producing those kinds of numbers with the Red Wings but he did score at least 20 goals three times while bagging a career-high 24 in 1989-90, when he had a career-high 56 points.

"He was a big scorer in junior hockey with Kitchener," (Wings executive Jim) Devellano said. "I was hoping that might translate to the NHL. He became more of a checker, but with some ability to score and a pain to play against. He played hard, was a good part of teams that went to the final four with Jacques (Demers, in 1987 and '88). I remember the overtime goal he scored for us against Chicago in the playoffs," which clinched the four-game sweep in first round in 1987.

“He always had that quick wit. Something funny was always the first thing out of his mouth. He was an upbeat guy with a smile on his face. … Looking back, we all enjoyed having him as a teammate. He would always come in the room happy. He was always talking, always striking up conversations.” — former teammate Steve Yzerman to the Toronto Globe and Mail.

---

"He was a funny guy, a non-stop talker, always had a trick to play. My first game as a rookie, he put my name upside down on my jersey. He was the guy in the '90s who kept everybody else relaxed. He did the dirty work for the team on the ice, and then kept the guys relaxed in the dressing room." — former teammate Chris Osgood to the Detroit Free Press.

---

"He always a lot to say—pretty well would dominate a conversation—but just a guy that was certainly full of life. … This guy was a goal-scorer, but Shawn, just like a lot of us, found a niche on what was going to him in the NHL." — former teammate Kris Draper to the Fan 590.

---

"When he retired, he was just as dogged, hard-working and gritty in terms of turing the Wings' Alumni Association into a smoothly-running 21st century charity-helping machine, and when he was diagnosed with leukemia, the self-deprecating jokes about weight loss were soon followed with attempts to expand bone marrow registries via simple cotton-swabbing of people's cheeks." — Kukla Korner's George Malik.

16. 2 users say thank you to Matt White for this KICKASS post:

BITEYOASS (10-28-2013),TFM_Dale (08-07-2013)

Von loves Brady
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-09-2022 @ 10:36 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,465 Times in 1,023 Posts

It is a shame, RIP and Go Wings!

∞ SHEEP PEN GYPSY
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I remember Burr saying what a "drag" it was thinking he was the "anchor" holding the WINGS back all those years.........

the guy was a solid NHL player & a good guy....way too young to go...like so many

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Sabres announcer for last 42 years is calling it quits in three years from now...

Sabres announcer Rick Jeanneret to retire in 2016

By Matt Brigidi @mattbrigidi on Aug 8 2013, 1:35p

TORONTO, ON - NOVEMBER 12: Buffalo Sabres broadcaster Rick Jeanneret arrives for the Hockey Hall of Fame induction ceremony at Brookfield Place on November 12, 2012 in Toronto, Canada. - (Photo by Bruce Bennett/Getty Images)

The Buffalo Sabres have announced a three-year extension with play-by-play announcer Rick Jeanneret. It will be his final contract.

The Buffalo Sabres have come to terms on a three-year extension with play-by-play announcer Rick Jeanneret, the club announced on Thursday. Jeanneret will call a reduced number of games over the course of the deal and will retire following the 2015-16 season.

The broadcaster was contemplating one more complete season with the team and retiring after the 2013-14 campaign. However, discussions with his family and the Sabres led to the decision announced on Thursday morning. Jeanneret will remain with the club in an honorary role after his retirement.

In addition, the club announced that Dan Dunleavy will call games that Jeanneret takes off. Dunleavy will take over responsibility of the team's play-by-play call starting in 2016-17.

"I am excited and honored to join the Sabres organization and its tremendous broadcasting team," Dunleavy said. "I'm honored that I get an opportunity to work with and learn from one of the best play-by-play announcers hockey has ever seen in Rick. He is the pinnacle of our profession and I'm humbled that I will be following in his legendary footsteps."

Dunleavy previously worked on the Toronto Maple Leafs' broadcast team and spent 19 years at Sportsnet Radio and The Fan 590 in Toronto.

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Hockey is back!! My Florida Panthers kicked off the season with a nice 4-2 win of Dallas.. game started out a little, my man Tim Thomas shut the door and they closed it out big with 3 in the 3rd... I FUCKING LOVE IT!! Getting TT to sign here was a stroke of genius by Tallon... last season was a throw-away, I'm looking forward to a big year. GAME ON!!

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

First major trade of the season, I think the Sabres ate the Islanders lunch, as much as I like Vanek:

Sabres trade Thomas Vanek to Islanders
    Kevin Allen, USA TODAY Sports 9:10 p.m. EDT October 27, 2013

The Buffalo Sabres started the final phase of their rebuilding project by trading prize goal scorer Thomas Vanek to the New York Islanders for a package that includes Matt Moulson, a first-round draft pick in 2014 and a second-rounder in 2015.

At some point this season, the Sabres could also trade veterans Ryan Miller and Steve Ott as rental players.

From the Islanders' perspective, they are landing one of the NHL's premium goal scorers, possibly a perfect fit for prized center John Tavares. Vanek has hit the 40-goal mark twice, and generated 20 goals last season in 38 games. He has four goals this season.

The Islanders have shown they can be a factor in the Metropolitan Division, and Vanek has been a difference-maker throughout his career.

The catch is that Vanek will be an unrestricted free agent next summer, and Vanek, 29, might simply want to see what's available to him. He owns a year-round home in Minnesota.

From the Sabres' perspective, this is a strong return for a rental player. He has scored 30 or more goals three times in his career and posted 44 points in 47 games last season. Moulson also will be an unrestricted free agent, but the Sabres might feel like they have a reasonable chance to re-sign him.

In the meantime, Moulson, who has six goals in 11 games this season, could partially replace Vanek's offensive contributions.

The key for the Sabres is the first- and second-round picks, viewed as crucial to their hopes of rebuilding the team.
    LINK

ROTH KILL!
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-17-2021 @ 08:52 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nickdfresh View Post
    sabres announcer rick jeanneret to retire in 2016

by matt brigidi @mattbrigidi on aug 8 2013, 1:35p

toronto, on - november 12: Buffalo sabres broadcaster rick jeanneret arrives for the hockey hall of fame induction ceremony at brookfield place on november 12, 2012 in toronto, canada. - (photo by bruce bennett/getty images)

the buffalo sabres have announced a three-year extension with play-by-play announcer rick jeanneret. It will be his final contract.

The buffalo sabres have come to terms on a three-year extension with play-by-play announcer rick jeanneret, the club announced on thursday. Jeanneret will call a reduced number of games over the course of the deal and will retire following the 2015-16 season.

The broadcaster was contemplating one more complete season with the team and retiring after the 2013-14 campaign. However, discussions with his family and the sabres led to the decision announced on thursday morning. Jeanneret will remain with the club in an honorary role after his retirement.

In addition, the club announced that dan dunleavy will call games that jeanneret takes off. Dunleavy will take over responsibility of the team's play-by-play call starting in 2016-17.

"i am excited and honored to join the sabres organization and its tremendous broadcasting team," dunleavy said. "i'm honored that i get an opportunity to work with and learn from one of the best play-by-play announcers hockey has ever seen in rick. He is the pinnacle of our profession and i'm humbled that i will be following in his legendary footsteps."

dunleavy previously worked on the toronto maple leafs' broadcast team and spent 19 years at sportsnet radio and the fan 590 in toronto.
    captain kangaroo lives!!!

ROTH KILL!
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

WTF Red Wings?!?! Losing 6-1 to a team coached by a fucking Walrus.

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Florida is off to a nightmare start.. Guess they picked up where they left off. It's still early, but daaaaaamn!!!

"It goes to 11."
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Could we see Chicago vs. Pittsburg in the finals this year? Hawks might be able to repeat, but the playoffs are gonna be tough............

"It goes to 11."
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blackhawks vs. Pens outside at Soldier Field tonight... Could be a Stanley Cup Finals Preview!!!!

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Miller, Ott additions may be the 11 to push the Blues over the cliff...

Ryan Miller Trade Launches St. Louis Blues to Stanley Cup Favorites
    By Mark Jones , Featured Columnist
    Feb 28, 2014

The St. Louis Blues added 2014's most sought-after NHL trade target to their arsenal Friday night with the acquisition of Ryan Miller.

According to the team's website, the Blues acquired goaltender Miller and center Steve Ott from the Buffalo Sabres in exchange for goaltender Jaroslav Halak, winger Chris Stewart, prospect William Carrier, a 2015 first-round pick and a 2016 third-round pick.

Mark Buckner/Getty Images

The Blues, already second in the Western Conference entering Friday with 84 points (39-13-6) in 58 games, should immediately jump to the top of the list of Stanley Cup favorites.

Netminding has long been considered a shortcoming of this stacked St. Louis roster, which currently ranks second in the league in goals for and third in goals against. Jaroslav Halak, while a solid backstop overall, was simply never going to be able to keep up with the likes of Jonathan Quick or Tuukka Rask.

That final hole has now been filled by Miller, the 33-year-old veteran who has recorded terrific numbers on a largely bottom-feeding Sabres squad for a decade now. In an equal number of starts (40) in 2013-14, Miller has already made 384 more saves (9.6 more per game) than Halak.

Miller vs. Halak by Season Season Miller Save Percentage Halak Save Percentage
    2009-10 .929 .924
    2010-11 .916 .910
    2011-12 .916 .926
    2012-13 .915 .899
    2013-14 .923 .917

Per NHL.com Stat Database

Unlike many of their fellow top-of-the-standings competitors, the Blues have found success through balance.

They boast a whopping five players with 14 or more goals and nine players (including three defensemen) within 12 of Alexander Steen's team-leading 46 points.

Such even distribution of production not only reduces the potential effects of injuries but also provides remarkable consistency to the team overall—the Blues are the only team in the NHL to have earned at least a point (24-0-3) in every game when leading after the first period.

Ott, who ranked sixth on the Sabres with 20 points in 59 games prior to the deal, will now join the offensive cast as a highly capable third-line center. He has plenty of leadership experience, having served as Buffalo's captain since the Thomas Vanek trade in October, and led Buffalo in both hits and faceoff percentage.

While Miller will surely capture the headlines Friday, the impacts of 28-year-old Ott should not be overlooked in the months ahead.

Yet defense remains the Blues' ultimate staple: they've allowed the fewest or second-fewest shots against for three consecutive campaigns.

Alex Pietrangelo, Kevin Shattenkirk and Jay Bouwmeester together comprise the most unheralded and arguably the best trio of rearguards in North America.

Now, at long last, an undeniably elite goaltender will be standing tall behind them.

In 24 appearances since Nov. 20, Miller has posted a save percentage of .903 or better on 21 occasions. He also sports the experience of two Conference Finals in 2006 and 2007, along with the motivation supplied by spending roughly the last seven years on an utterly horrendous team.

St. Louis general manager Doug Armstrong will surely hope that Miller can guide his new club deeper into the playoffs than Halak and Brian Elliot have the previous two springs, as the Blues have been eliminated by the Los Angeles Kings short of the Conference Finals in back-to-back postseasons.

No matter what the months ahead reveal, however, it remains undeniable that Armstrong and the Blues have made their splash and their statement at the trade deadline.

If the Blues weren't already Cup favorites yesterday, they most certainly are now.

Bleacher Report

"It goes to 11."
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

That is huge for the Blues.. If they can keep their heads and stay out of the penalty box, they should go far in the playoffs.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Miller is already facing a lot less shots. I think he had like an average of 60 in a recent three-game stretch. Both Sabres goalies, Enroth and Neurvith, faced nearly 90 in two games...

"It goes to 11."
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post
    Miller is already facing a lot less shots. I think he had like an average of 60 in a recent three-game stretch. Both Sabres goalies, Enroth and Neurvith, faced nearly 90 in two games...
    Good, cause the Blackhawks play the Sabres tonight. Pour it on em..........

"It goes to 11."
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

The 3 game suspension that Seabrook got is total bullshit. He should only have gotten fined as he is not a repeat offender. The Hawks better get their act together tonight and play their asses off.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:35 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,508 Times in 1,989 Posts

The 3 game suspension that Seabrook got is total bullshit. He should only have gotten fined as he is not a repeat offender. The Hawks better get their act together tonight and play their asses off.
    Dude, that was a nasty shot. I'm not at all surprised he got 3 games.

"It goes to 11."
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Von Halen View Post
    So, Seabrook gets blindsided in the head and misses 2 games in a prior playoff series by Torres and the only call is a minor penalty on the ice. League issues no suspension.

http://youtu.be/g2VeWS9-d4M

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Von Halen View Post
    Yep...should have been 4 or more for sure. 5 games would be a minimum in my book

You can't launch yourself off your feet into someone's head...especially when they never touched the puck...or have possession...an inadvertant touch does not constitute possession.

I don't like Duncan Keith's stickwork either. He is a great player but knocked down a dozen notches in my book for that unecessary stuff and his comment to Backes as he lay there after that hit: "Wakey wakey"

Unreal.

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

About the 45 second mark...it's Keith with:

"Wakey Wakey, Backey, Wakey Wakey!”

What an idiot. Karma is a coming Keith...

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Is that Toews, the Hawks captain mouthing off to a half unconscious Backes, looking to engage him? what a classless team

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I honestly think that should have been 10.

remember the Rome hit in the Finals in 2011? He hit a guy who actually had possession, but a little late. That was 4 in the Stanley Cup Finals...definitely got off easy with 3

here is the hit that was worth 4 games in a Final...more unfortunate than anything... a little late and higher than what I like to see, but not malicious. One half second earlier and it s not even a penalty.

Completely different than the Seabrook hit

Last edited by Romeo Delight; 04-21-2014 at 03:12 PM.

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

So, Seabrook gets blindsided in the head and misses 2 games in a prior playoff series by Torres and the only call is a minor penalty on the ice. League issues no suspension.

http://youtu.be/g2VeWS9-d4M
    I agree with you...but since there was no immediate injury, the league doesn't suspend. Did he miss 2 games? I can't remember. According to the rules in place at the time, it wasn't necessarily a suspendable offence. I think changes were made the next year.

I think you suspend the Act itself (not the result) and see if that changes how the players engage in this type of thing. Gotta have respect for each other...why is that missing?
    Last edited by Romeo Delight; 04-21-2014 at 03:40 PM.

"It goes to 11."
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I certainly don't like the way the Hawks are playing the Blues. This is not their game. I was expecting the Blues to be taking stupid penalties and getting burned for it as usual vs. the. Hawks. Chicago better keep their heads and go back to playing to their strength or Golf season will start for them next week.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:31 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,749 Times in 2,061 Posts

Blog Entries
    The Avs and The Sharks for The Cup. Boston can suck my dick.

Idle No More
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-09-2020 @ 08:56 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,591 Times in 1,076 Posts

Les Habs.

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-13-2020 @ 09:48 AM
    Status
    Thanks

If Backes has the puck and Seabrook takes two less strides,
    there's nothing wrong with that hit.

ROTH KILL!
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    The Avs and The Sharks for The Cup. Boston can suck my dick.
    Fuck you and your fuckin' Avs you raging cunt!

ROTH KILL!
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Wish the Red Wings had a goon or two, so that fuckin' prick Marchand can be taught a lesson.

Thread Information