Page 54 of 68 FirstFirst ... 44041424344454647484950515253545556575859606162636465666768 LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,160 of 2710

Thread: The Official NHL Thread

king of cool
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    04-06-2018 @ 02:53 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Take 'Em View Post
    that bug on their windshield.

LOL. That's rich.

Your butthole unpuckered yet?
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

"It goes to 11."
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-08-2018 @ 02:53 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DlocRoth View Post
    LOL. That's rich.

Your butthole unpuckered yet?
    Was a bit concerned but the Hawks finally woke up. Better have their shit together for the next series.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-16-2024 @ 07:09 PM
    Status
    Thanks

My habs got their asses kicked.....hopefully Price will be back on Monday otherwise we don't have a chance against these inspired Rangers.

4. Thanked So this is love for this KICKASS post:

Angel (05-19-2014)

Use my hand, I won't look
    ____Van Fuckin' Halen____
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    10-27-2020 @ 08:17 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,707 Times in 1,035 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by So this is love View Post
    My habs got their asses kicked.....hopefully Price will be back on Monday otherwise we don't have a chance against these inspired Rangers.
    Looks like he's out for the series. Really sucks for the Habs. I was really hoping they'd beat the fucking rangers.

"It goes to 11."
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VAiN View Post
    Looks like he's out for the series. Really sucks for the Habs. I was really hoping they'd beat the fucking rangers.
    That really sucks. I was hoping for a Habs vs. Blackhawks Finals series.. But I'll be happy to watch an original 6 finals vs. the Rangers..... With the Cup being hoisted in HawkeyTown of course!!!!!

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    03-04-2024 @ 05:42 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VAiN View Post
    Doesn't the clown who ran into Price and injured him have a highlight reel of collisions with goalies this playoffs year alone?

It's just reckless. They might be better off making the nets immovable as before so the reckless player using the goalie as a crash test dummy hurts himself as well if irresponsible in his approach to the net

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Romeo Delight View Post
    Doesn't the clown who ran into Price and injured him have a highlight reel of collisions with goalies this playoffs year alone?

It's just reckless. They might be better off making the nets immovable as before so the reckless player using the goalie as a crash test dummy hurts himself as well if irresponsible in his approach to the net
    Agreed, the players are a little too fearless around the net. What a shitty way for Montreal to go out. I feel for them, they must feel deflated.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:56 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,508 Times in 1,989 Posts

Fuck the Habs!

AMERICA owns Lord Stanley's Cup, and we ain't giving it back!

I hope Toronto gets that sorry ass hairlip coach from the Wings, so they can cuntinue sucking for many years to come!

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,347 Times in 6,031 Posts

Report: NHL Actually Has Had Hundreds Of Openly Gay Players For Years

SPORTS NEWS • Sports • Gay & Lesbian • Hockey • News • ISSUE 49•22

NEW YORK—In the wake of NBA center Jason Collins and U.S. soccer midfielder Robbie Rogers coming out as homosexual, reports revealed Friday that the National Hockey League has in fact had hundreds of openly gay athletes throughout its history.

Sources confirmed that gay players have actually been incredibly common in the NHL for decades, and the league is only now being credited with laying the groundwork for the growing acceptance of homosexuality in professional sports.

“It’s obviously a watershed moment when a player from the NBA announces he’s gay, but most people forget about Montreal Canadiens winger Steve Shutt, who came out back in 1972,” said hockey historian Hank Crerand, noting that Shutt was the first of many gay NHL players to reveal their homosexuality. “Even though gay athletes still carry a stigma today, it’s nothing compared to the ’70s. The likes of Shutt and Gordie Howe faced not only vitriol and discrimination from fans and the media, but also their own teammates and coaches.”

“The issue of gay athletes has now reached a major turning point, and it’s only a matter of time before someone in the NFL or MLB comes out,” Crerand continued. “But the idea that a player would not need to hide his sexual orientation from the public—and indeed be proud of it—was very much pioneered by the NHL.”

Since its original inception in 1917 through to the “Original 6” era of the ’40s, ’50s, and ’60s, the NHL has reportedly had a long history of gay players and was far ahead of its time in combating prejudice and intolerance toward homosexuality within locker rooms and stadiums.

“Things really started to take a turn for the better when Mike Eruzione became the first openly gay captain of an Olympic hockey team to win a gold medal, leading the U.S. to victory over the Soviet Union during the famous 1980 ‘Miracle On Ice’ final,” explained Crerand. “I still remember everyone’s total shock during Eruzione’s emotional embrace with his boyfriend Ken [Morrow] on the ice after the game.”

“That kiss really changed a lot of attitudes within the hockey community,” Crerand added.

Bob Probert, who played 16 seasons for the Detroit Red Wings and Chicago Blackhawks, reportedly had a huge impact on the league as hockey’s “Homo Enforcer,” intimidating the competition and pummeling opponents with vicious punches. Crerand told reporters that Probert was the “most feared queer” in the NHL and transformed the perception that a homosexual hockey player couldn’t be a gay goon.

Crerand stressed, however, that no athlete was more influential to the gay rights movement than Wayne Gretzky, widely regarded as the greatest gay player in NHL history.

“In arguably the most seminal press conference the sport has ever seen, Wayne Gretzky delivered his iconic ‘This Is Who I Am’ speech right after winning his first Stanley Cup with the Edmonton Oilers in 1984,” said Crerand, adding that within the following decade Mark Messier, Patrick Roy, and Claude Lemieux followed Gretzky’s lead. “Number 99 completely changed the landscape for gay athletes in the NHL, especially commercially, and no one had a greater impact on young gay hockey players around the world. And that is, of course, why the gay community nicknamed him ‘The Great One.’”

Reports confirmed that Gretzky blazed the trail for current NHL stars Sidney Crosby, Alex Ovechkin, Patrick Kane, Henrik Zetterberg, Evgeni Malkin, Jonathan Quick, Pavel Datsyuk, Ryan Suter, Paul Stastny, Martin St. Louis, Rick Nash, Ryan Miller, Patrik Elias, Stephen Gionta, Clarke MacArthur, Patrick Dwyer, Mike Rupp, Carey Price, Dustin Brown, Zbynek Michalek, Brad Richards, Derek Dorsett, Brian Boyle, David Krejci, Shea Weber, Derick Brassard, Sergei Gonchar, Braden Holtby, Brandon Dubinsky, Stephane Robidas, Colin Greening, James Reimer, Kevin Poulin, Brandon Prust, Travis Hamonic, Martin Brodeur, Joakim Andersson, Vincent Lecavalier, Josh Green, Daniel Alfredsson, Joe Thornton, Arron Asham, Alexander Steen, Michael Del Zotto, Patrice Bergeron, Matt Duchene, Teddy Purcell, Michael Ryder, Tomas Fleischmann, Lars Eller, Daniel Winnik, Jyri Niemi, Mikhail Grigorenko, Evander Kane, David Backes, Jiri Tlusty, Sam Gagner, David Desharnais, Cody Franson, Steve Ott, Dustin Byfuglien, Casey Cizikas, Daniel Sedin, Brian Campbell, Ilya Kovalchuk, Chris Neil, Patrick Sharp, Jaromir Jagr, Hal Gill, Mark Giordano, Marc-Andre Fleury, Ray Whitney, Mike Cammalleri, Lee Stempniak, James van Riemsdyk, Martin Hanzal, David Clarkson, Vinny Prospal, Taylor Hall, Ryan Getzlaf, Andrew Ladd, Alexander Semin, Max Pacioretty, Brenden Dillon, Jonathan Toews, Jordan Eberle, Marian Hossa, Frans Nielsen, Alex Galchenyuk, Bobby Ryan, Manny Malhotra, Mike Fisher, Bryan Little, Nail Yakupov, Patrick Marleau, Jonathan Huberdeau, Tyler Ennis, Craig Anderson, Saku Koivu, Shane Doan, Ryan White, Blake Wheeler, Evgeni Nabokov, Mark Fraser, Jeff Carter, Nicklas Backstrom, Michael Grabner, Brendan Gallagher, Tomas Plekanec, John Tavares, Taylor Pyatt, Alex Burrows, Rene Bourque, Jason Chimera, Joffrey Lupul, Corey Perry, Brad Stuart, Justin Williams, Matt Cullen, Marian Gaborik, Patrik Berglund, Brian Elliott, Josh Harding, Daniel Cleary, Roberto Luongo, Nazem Kadri, Zach Parise, Eric Staal, Jordan Staal, Marc Staal, Jared Staal, Steven Stamkos, and Ryan Kesler all coming out as gay in recent years.

According to experts, the league’s progressive stance toward homosexuality also paved the way for the 2013 Philadelphia Flyers, the only professional sports roster in history to be comprised entirely of gay players.

“It’s nice to see the rest of the sports world beginning to catch up to the NHL when it comes to gay tolerance,” said ESPN hockey analyst Barry Melrose, himself openly gay since the early 1990s. “A lot of credit also has to go to Gary Bettman, still the only openly homosexual commissioner of a North American sports league.”

“But without a doubt, none of this would have been possible without the unbelievable altruism and open-mindedness of the NHL fan base,” added Melrose, “It’s far easier for players to be truly comfortable in their own skin knowing so many fans are gay too.”

http://www.theonion.com/articles/rep...nly-gay,32639/

11. Thanked Seshmeister for this KICKASS post:

VAiN (05-21-2014)

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

According to experts, the league’s progressive stance toward homosexuality also paved the way for the 2013 Philadelphia Flyers, the only professional sports roster in history to be comprised entirely of gay players.

Classic!!

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Wow!!! SLASH playing the U.S. national anthem. only in L.A...great! but according to youtube it not the first time...it was great anyways.
    Last edited by So this is love; 05-24-2014 at 08:52 PM.

"It goes to 11."
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Wow!!! SLASH playing the U.S. national anthem. only in L.A...great! but according to youtube it not the first time...it was great anyways.

Keep that Asshole off the ice!! He is bad luck for my hockey team.........

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Take 'Em View Post
    Keep that Asshole off the ice!! He is bad luck for my hockey team.........

Sorry but I think this the Kings all the way...even if I'm a Habs fan I must admit they are a stronger team than any other team left. Good luck!

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

GO HABS GO!!!!!! RNR Baby!!!!
    Last edited by So this is love; 05-25-2014 at 08:08 PM.

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

[QUOTE=So this is love;1838893]Sorry I think this is the year the KINGS go all the way...even if I'm a Habs fan I must admit they are a stronger team than any other team left. Good luck with your Black Hawks!

"EVERYBODY UP!!!"™
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-20-2021 @ 05:28 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,978 Times in 1,378 Posts

Rangers and Hawks.....

Just Me And My Ganja....
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-09-2017 @ 06:01 PM
    Status
    Thanks

GO HABS GO!!!!!! RNR Baby!!!!
    WTF was with that shorthanded goal?

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondjimi View Post
    Rangers and Hawks.....
    Sorry but the Hawks have a great team but the Kings are the best team in the league and they carry the momentum right now...Kings no contest to win the Stanley Cup...Mark my words.

PS I would prefer the Canadiens to win the Cup

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

yeah fuck...I missed that goal......lets start fresh....Enjoy!

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Even Injured PK scored.....wow great game win or lose..TOKARSKI!!! Washington are you watching... lol

"EVERYBODY UP!!!"™
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-20-2021 @ 05:28 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,978 Times in 1,378 Posts

Sounded like he learned the song the day of the game. Totally unmoving version, IMO.....

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Sounded like he learned the song the day of the game. Totally unmoving version, IMO.....
    I have to admit this was not very good when compared to Jimi Hendrix but a nice surprise...I've seen his show last tour and it was an amazing night

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

OverTime MTL vs NYR ......FUCK as much as I like Martin St.Louis ...this pisses me off.....Good for him anyways He is a great guy!
    Last edited by So this is love; 05-25-2014 at 11:15 PM.

26. Thanked So this is love for this KICKASS post:

Angel (05-25-2014)

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Sorry but the Hawks have a great team but the Kings are the best team in the league and they carry the momentum right now...Kings no contest to win the Stanley Cup...Mark my words.
    Have to agree.. No way the rangers get past LA. They lucked out with Price getting hurt. Otherwise I believe it would be Montreal and LA playing for the cup.

"It goes to 11."
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Rangers and Hawks.....

Damn straight!!! We need an original six matchup.

29. Thanked Take 'Em for this KICKASS post:

Angel (05-26-2014)

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    09-08-2021 @ 05:53 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I'm surprised at the ease at which the Kings are handling the Hawks. Has Crawford just gone to shit in this series or is L.A. that damn good?

"It goes to 11."
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sonrisa salvaje View Post
    I'm surprised at the ease at which the Kings are handling the Hawks. Has Crawford just gone to shit in this series or is L.A. that damn good?
    The Hawks look like they have gone to sleep. Kings wanted it more than them and the results show. They better friggin wake up and play like they did against the Blues.....

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sonrisa salvaje View Post
    I think yes to both. Crawford is not in the top 10 NHL goalies. I don;t think anyone can beat LA right now. Too strong 4 lines deep and likely the best goalie in the league in Quick

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Romeo Delight View Post
    I think yes to both. Crawford is not in the top 10 NHL goalies. I don;t think anyone can beat LA right now. Too strong 4 lines deep and likely the best goalie in the league in Quick
    Love the way the Kings play hockey. They fucking crush you if you aren't paying attention.

"It goes to 11."
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Von Halen View Post
    Love the way the Kings play hockey. They fucking crush you if you aren't paying attention.

Yeah, that didn't work out so well for them in Double OT last night.....

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:58 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,562 Times in 3,449 Posts

It was a great game. Crawford let some piss-weak goals in but came back strong! Both teams hit and have skill and I love watching this series...

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Me too. Great hockey.

Them soccer loving fags have no idea what they are missing.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

That's right Canada!

We OWN Lord Stanley's Cup!

Your last chance to borrow it, just got eliminated!

Idle No More
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-09-2020 @ 08:56 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,591 Times in 1,076 Posts

It will still spend more time up here this summer...

39. Thanked Angel for this KICKASS post:

So this is love (05-30-2014)

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Angel View Post
    Congrats to the Rangers...The best team has won...

P.S. Most players in the remaining teams are canadians...lol

41. Thanked So this is love for this KICKASS post:

Angel (06-01-2014)

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Angel View Post
    That's right! We'll LET you BORROW it! We'll let you fondle it. We'll let you think it's yours, for a short time. THEN, we'll bring it back to its home right here in AMERICA! Lord Stanley's Cup is on LOAN, when it visits America's bitches to the North!

America owns you fucking Canadians, and now we own your precious Lord Stanley's Cup!

And don't ever forget, if there is ANYTHING else of yours we want, we'll TAKE that too!!!

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

The Black Hawks don't want to go down easy do they? Unreal!

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-28-2024 @ 09:22 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,517 Times in 2,422 Posts

Fantastic hockey, what a series....

I don't have a rooting interest in Game 7, as long as they beat the shit out of New York in the Finals....

45. Thanked Va Beach VH Fan for this KICKASS post:

PETE'S BROTHER (05-31-2014)

"It goes to 11."
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

The Black Hawks don't want to go down easy do they? Unreal!
    It was meant to be an original 6 final. The Hockey Gods set it up!!!!

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Va Beach VH Fan View Post
    Fantastic hockey, what a series....

I don't have a rooting interest in Game 7, as long as they beat the shit out of New York in the Finals....
    Agreed. Your Pens need Kesler in a trade in the worst way.

He is our best player by far, but we need a re-tool in this ridiculously stacked Western Conference.

Plus, he slept with Cory Schnieider's fiance apparently...not sure that is ok woth the rest of the team...

That is why Cory was dealt to the Devils...

Thread Information